Page 29 of 160 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    What's with people's obsession all of a sudden with 'All The Love In The World' being played? Honestly think its one of the weakest songs off WT, and was in my opinion a terrible choice for it to be the lead song off that CD. I think TR nailed (no pun intended) it with starting the BYIT DVD/BRD with 'Love Is Not Enough'.

Obviously oh to each their own, we'll all differ on our favorite songs from different CD's. Just don't understand the hype about it- there are better songs off WT that haven't been played since '09. Also it looks like the song hasn't been played live before but doesn't really warrant hype about it.
    For some of us, yes it does. It's one of my favourite songs, and it's super cool that it's been played.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Ilan just seems so terribly sweet and innocent, and I just want to ruin his life. I can't help it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What's with people's obsession all of a sudden with 'All The Love In The World' being played? Honestly think its one of the weakest songs off WT, and was in my opinion a terrible choice for it to be the lead song off that CD. I think TR nailed (no pun intended) it with starting the BYIT DVD/BRD with 'Love Is Not Enough'.

Obviously oh to each their own, we'll all differ on our favorite songs from different CD's. Just don't understand the hype about it- there are better songs off WT that haven't been played since '09. Also it looks like the song hasn't been played live before but doesn't really warrant hype about it.
    The only way you could be more wrong is if you ended your post with "Heil Hitler".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lol, this. And Aaron fucking owned that solo in the Big Come Down.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

ok I hear you, and I know your heart is in the right place, but hear me out for a sec

just one second

imagine-- shhh

one sec

imagine

FUCKING DANCING YOUR ASS OFF during the last part of the song

WHY DO YOU GET, WHY DO YOU GET ALL THE LOVE, WHY DO YOU GET ALL THE LOVE (funky piano in the background)

that would change your mind wouldn't it

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heroicraptor View Post
    The only way you could be more wrong is if you ended your post with "Heil Hitler".
    I'm "wrong" for asking people about it in the controversial thread and giving my opinion of the song? You're the one with the nazi comment, not me.

If people like the song- more power to them. Just never did anything for me personally, and sonically was a song that was stale and felt like it never goes anywhere outside of that little piano bit towards the end.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

I really think it's because it's like With Teeth's Into The Void. I also like the live version of Love Is Not Enough. All The Love In The World is one of the best songs from With Teeth to me. As a matter of fact, I think I listen to All The Love In The World and Every Day Is Exactly The Same the most on With Teeth, and would also like to see more of Every Day Is Exactly The Same Live. Another reason for that would have to be that is wasn't even played at all, and if it was, it was played the least. (I've been out of the loop. Was it already played live? And when I say live, I'm not talking about rehearsals. I also need to check that out.)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I also wish Nine Inch Nails would play Kinda I Want To, That's What I Get, All The Love In The World, and Everything live.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I also wish Nine Inch Nails would play Kinda I Want To, That's What I Get, All The Love In The World, and Everything live.
    Kinda I Want To. definitely.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Kinda I Want To
    kinda i don't want to hear it.

(but really, i wouldn't mind it.)

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Trent couldn't keep a straight face during Kinda I Want To. He'd be like "fuck this shit, can't believe you convinced me!"

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    He seems to still dance and move about in the same way. However, yeah, I could even see 2013 Trent having a different reaction to Kinda I Want To from 1989 Trent. So, if one posts this on his Twitter, do you think he'd be all like: "Dude. Please don't remind me."?

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-07-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Love Is Not Enough was the worst opening song ever at a gig. It worked better when it was later in the set, but every time I had it opening a show, it just seemed to be a crappy gig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hesitation Marks is a great album, but I can't help but wish that it sounded more like Gary Numan's Splinter. Musically/sonically, I just find it to be a much better, cohesive album. It just has that "industrial" sound that I wish trent would lean more towards again (ex. tetsuo). Many parts of Splinter remind me of NIN, which is why I've been thinking how great it would've been had Trent made a new album with a similar sound. I guess that's why I like In Two so much, because it has that sound that I wish the rest of the album sounded like.

Don't hate me!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by all3n_y View Post
    Don't hate me!
    Just a little? Please?

I listened to Splinter a couple of days ago. I like it, but I kept thinking Gary's been listening to The Fragile a little too much.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Hesitation Marks is a great album, but I can't help but wish that it sounded more like Gary Numan's Splinter. Musically/sonically, I just find it to be a much better, cohesive album. It just has that "industrial" sound that I wish trent would lean more towards again (ex. tetsuo). Many parts of Splinter remind me of NIN, which is why I've been thinking how great it would've been had Trent made a new album with a similar sound. I guess that's why I like In Two so much, because it has that sound that I wish the rest of the album sounded like.

Don't hate me!
    Hmmm

A lady friend was just telling me this exact same sentiment in an e-mail last week. Are you her? I am going to have to check Splinter out.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    seriously, you think a song debuting 8 years after its release isn't going to be a big deal on here?
    I think whether one likes it or not, that will always be inevitable here since there have also been long gaps in between his tours that were akin to the gaps in between his albums, with the exception of that nice run he had from 2005-2009. I seemed to have caught two shows in both the start and end of that run. So anyway, yeah, rare performances, plus long waits, and rarer live songs certainly makes a lot more anticipation and enthusiasm, which is always a good thing to me. That is, unless the wait is too long.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Don't hate me!
    I kind of see what you mean. In some ways, I wished more of the album also sounded like Copy Of A and Black Noise. As for an album like that Tetsuo song, I'd really hope to live to see such a thing. This isn't to say that Hesitation Marks is bad by any means though.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    The new version of Sanctified is worse than just rubbish; it's boring.
    This is unfortunate, because it's one of my favourites off PHM. What was wrong with the old one? It's not like it was overplayed.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I was about to bring that topic up. I don't think it should feel wrong for me to prefer the older live versions of Sanctified, but I do.

These are my favorite videos of Sanctified being performed live, as mentioned in the Random NIN Thoughts thread.

At the same time, I'm also thankful that he's at least playing it again, and would hope that concert of Pretty Hate Machine in its entirety would be rather sweet. Heck, I even find myself dreaming of a Pretty Hate Machine performance followed by Broken.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I don't really like any of the NIN remixes. Every once in a while I go back and try and get into them, just never could.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    The new version of Sanctified is worse than just rubbish; it's boring.
    This is unfortunate, because it's one of my favourites off PHM. What was wrong with the old one? It's not like it was overplayed.
    controversial indeed. I prefer Sanctified 2013 over Sanctified 1989 by a large margin.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I would love if Trent took a page from mid-90's Trent and threw in a few remixes. I love most of the TDS and TF era remixes, and if they ever played the Ruff mix of THTF live, or Ally's Great Destroyer remix live, I would fucking love it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I would love if Trent took a page from mid-90's Trent and threw in a few remixes. I love most of the TDS and TF era remixes, and if they ever played the Ruff mix of THTF live, or Ally's Great Destroyer remix live, I would fucking love it.
    What is it about the remix versions of songs that people here seem to like so much? Great Destroyer and Heresy (Blind) are the only ones that I enjoy. All the others I have heard just make me want to listen to the original. And I guess THTF DFA is pretty good too.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post

I would love if Trent took a page from the mid-90's and started breaking more shit.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    I would love if Trent took a page from the mid-90's and started breaking more shit.
    Oh hell yes. I'd like to admit that I still think this is cool.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I wish Trent went back to obnoxious levels of sampling in songs, they're like auditory easter eggs

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the fragile is still my absolute favorite NIN album (and one of my all time favorites by anyone), but it's work to listen to it.

ghosts is becoming my favorite to listen to without having to do the same amount of work, but i still get nearly the same amount of enjoyment out of it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I revisited Hesitation Marks last night. The only song that stands up is Copy of A.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    I revisited Hesitation Marks last night. The only song that stands up is Copy of A.
    gotta say, the album is a lot better live.