Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125
Results 3,721 to 3,726 of 3726

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Well, in their defense, about 90 percent of the subject matter in this podcast is not fantasy, it's mostly quite realistic factual description of how nine inch nails started, how it progressed and how it endures to this day.
    Let's not kid ourselves, it's purely entertainment. Not much critical value.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I love that video despite the fact it's got elements of the studio version dubbed over the December 1, 1999 performance.
    Perhaps. But to be fair, most (if not all of) AATCHB is overdubbed.

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Nope and i also think JLYI is overrated
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Oh and i still can't stand Complication
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Why am I not surprised?
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Not sure how you can think it's great and also not see what's so special about it, but okay...
    I don't know why I still find this rather amusing, but I still do, and this is coming from somebody that is of the opinion that Just Like You Imagined and Complication are among some of the best moments on The Fragile, ever. I'm sure it's just how it was worded, along with the outcomes.

It wasn't until I saw this post that helped me understand it a bit more, as @Dryalex12 used to hate NIN. (I'm not picking on you, but it really helped me finally understand. I already accepted you not being a fan of those songs though, but that post just really made it all click for me. That also seems like an ultimate NIN confession post as well. If anything, you're still one of my favorite posters to follow, so I always try my best to see where you're coming from.)

I'm also absolutely not trying to say/imply that would be your end-all and be-all reasons to not like songs that I like either, but if I used to hate a band or just not like a band, I could see how that would actually increase my chances of not being into songs/albums/videos that the majority of the fan-base actually likes or even adores.

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...978#post440978
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-09-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Just like you imagined and Complication owe much of the respect/disrespect to their placement directly after The fragile and Starfuckers inc. - the centerpieces to both sides of the record. I have zero doubt that people will deny that connection, but that's what this topic is for anyway...

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    This probably isn't controversial for fans but I wish Trent would release more videos, I just don't personally believe every video has to make some massive artistic statement. Some of my most memorable videos from my youth are Duran Duran ones or Ultravox' Loves great adventure. They weren't making some big political (or artistic) statement.

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    @WorzelG - I totally see what mean there. Perhaps simplicity and/or minimalism are the words? As much as I love the visuals and special effects on Closer and The Perfect Drug, I'm also able to actually sit through the entirety of Gave Up (The non-Broken version.), March Of The Pigs (The version that ended up on Closure.), The Hand That Feeds and the first Came Back Haunted.

I suppose those videos can speak for themselves in regards to what you just said. Oh, and now that you just reminded me, if only Every Day Is Exactly The Same and Everything saw the light of day. If only. Anyway, I'm in complete agreement with you all the way on that.