Page 121 of 160 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 4778

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    "Came Back Haunted" is one of the best NIN songs of the post-With Teeth era and deserves to be played instead of (the usual) staple "The Hand That Feeds" at every show ever since 2013.
    It really is one of my favorite singles of theirs, probably moreso than "The Hand That Feeds." It had to warm up to me when it first dropped, but damn.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The mix on the BYIT DVD is very weird. Especially more noticeable on headphones. It's too direct/straight from the board. AATCHB had the magic of sounding like a live concert but also having that really in-your-face clarity and punch.
    Yes! I always thought the mixing on BYIT sounded awful and extremely rushed. I stand by my belief and claim that AATCHB is and always will be the ultimate concert DVD.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    "Came Back Haunted" is one of the best NIN songs of the post-With Teeth era and deserves to be played instead of (the usual) staple "The Hand That Feeds" at every show ever since 2013.
    Church.

Also, I'm convinced that song is Twin Peaks related. Look at the video and listen to the lyrics, imagining Trent as Cooper.

It damn sure fits. Plus, the creature that vomited up the BOB orb PRETTY much appears in the video.

But yeah, Twin Peaks aside, I dig that song about 100 times more than THTF. I've said it once and I'll say it again: THTF is just about my least favorite NIN track. Now, that doesn't mean I don't like it. Don't get me wrong. But I sure don't like it being played so frequently and think there are other songs that could take its place.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-31-2018 at 05:29 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I was still thinking the same exact thing, even though I still like The Hand That Feeds. At the very least, I always thought that having Head Like A Hole playing right after The Hand That Feeds complimented it very well, and vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Church.

Also, I'm convinced that song is Twin Peaks related. Look at the video and listen to the lyrics, imagining Trent as Cooper.

It damn sure fits. Plus, the creature that vomited up the BOB orb PRETTY much appears in the video.

But yeah, Twin Peaks aside, I dig that song about 100 times more than THTF. I've said it once and I'll say it again: THTF is just about my least favorite NIN track. Now, that doesn't mean I don't like it. Don't get me wrong. But I sure don't like it being played so frequently and think there are other songs that could take its place.
    Looking back at it now, I'm actually amazed at all the love That Hand That Feeds gets, even until now. I think it's even appreciated much more than when it first came out. However, I so get you there, even as someone very far removed from the "retire these songs" camp. (And even with that, I totally understand as well. So many songs just don't really get played that much, which is what makes this tour so awesome as songs that never saw the light of day live finally did, along with songs that never went on stage since like 20+ years ago.)

I'm also still in awe that the The Perfect Drug was performed live 21 years after it came out.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-02-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It'd be dope to hear some Purest Feeling on the current tour. At the very least, Maybe Just Once has potential to be updated and grungified.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
    It'd be dope to hear some Purest Feeling on the current tour.
    I would have said it would never happen before this tour, but now? They might just throw it out there as a total "what the fuck?" moment for the audience.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
    It'd be dope to hear some Purest Feeling on the current tour. At the very least, Maybe Just Once has potential to be updated and grungified.
    I've always loved the thought of any songs from Purest Feeling being performed. I also have to admit that it's hard me to pick a few songs either, as I end up selecting up to five or more songs I'd like to see live from it. It's even more difficult because there are some parts of the Purest Feeling songs that I prefer more than the actual Pretty Hate Machine versions, such as Down In It, Sanctified, Kinda I Want To and Twist.

Aside from the regular Down In It, or the Purest Feeling version of Down In It, I figured it would be also cool to see either Down In It (Shred) or Down In It (Big Whole Mix) live.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    I've always loved the thought of any songs from Purest Feeling being performed. I also have to admit that it's hard me to pick a few songs either, as I end up selecting up to five or more songs I'd like to see live from it. It's even more difficult because there are some parts of the Purest Feeling songs that I prefer more than the actual Pretty Hate Machine versions, such as Down In It, Sanctified, Kinda I Want To and Twist.

Aside from the regular Down In It, or the Purest Feeling version of Down In It, I figured it would be also cool to see either Down In It (Shred) or Down In It (Big Whole Mix) live.
    Absolutely. I'm still disappointed that material wasn't remastered for the 2010 reissue of PHM, not to mention the Demos & Remixes stuff (which I personally prefer; it hits harder). None of it's ever been officially released.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    What's the opinion on the Only video? It's one of the worst videos by any band of all time right?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    What's the opinion on the Only video? It's one of the worst videos by any band of all time right?
    Directed by David Fincher.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    i love it and its better than the Came Back Haunted video although I consider myself a fan of both directors

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It's one of the worst videos by any band of all time right?
    Nope.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The only video is so dope.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    +1 for the Only video.

CBH is terrible. Not a fan of Lynch’s weird shit either. There’s some cringe-worthy moments in that one- like that goofy flip-flopping checkered graphic thing with a cricket. Da fack is that???

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    It was a callback to Trent's arms that flip flop flip flop flip.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I’ve never minded the videos for CBH or Only. Neither are as great as I’d likethem to be considering the people directing them but they’re not bad either. Only has a sleak minimalist feel that I think suits it well and CBH gives me serious Eraserhead vibes, it could’ve been an interlude in Inland Empire. I think their best videos are all with Romanek but I wish they’d do more — I loved the video for Loop Closes and thought Over and Out would be great for that style. I would have loved a Background World video with the band in the wireframe style like in the Add Violence component. Once the violin comes in, Trent’s in full view, made physical again, then once the tape loop comes in have the machine Bottom of the Pyramid designed on screen, the world resetting over and over with every loop, footage of the world in increasing disrepair.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 11-12-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Came Back Haunted gets under my skin (in a good way). I'd take it over the videos for Head Like A Hole, Down In It, or Deep any day of the week.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    +1 for the Only video.

CBH is terrible. Not a fan of Lynch’s weird shit either. There’s some cringe-worthy moments in that one- like that goofy flip-flopping checkered graphic thing with a cricket. Da fack is that???
    Nah dude. That cricket is where it's At.

In all seriousness, as a big Lynch fan myself, I was really REALLY excited that Lynch was going to be directing an NIN video.
    And I was KIND of underwhelmed by it.

I still like it though.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-12-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Came Back Haunted gets under my skin (in a good way). I'd take it over the videos for Head Like A Hole, Down In It, or Deep any day of the week.
    The best thing about the Down In It video is that Hard Copy segment on the FBI Trent murder hunt!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Cricket? I see a girl (a dancer?) wearing a gas mask with a spider superimposed.

Some of it looks a bit janky, but I think that's the point. It's deliberately uncomfortable. The whole thing is like watching a nightmare.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Cricket? I see a girl (a dancer?) wearing a gas mask with a spider superimposed.

Some of it looks a bit janky, but I think that's the point. It's deliberately uncomfortable. The whole thing is like watching a nightmare.
    Yeah, it’s like some human fly or something dumb like that.

Agreed its like watching a nightmare lol.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    how about this

ALL of their videos are shit (except maybe into the void)

Not a video band... the visual elements of NIN are the live show and the artwork

and Robin Finck's confusing arse in the closure video

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Not a video band...
    Bullshit.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Well... what is there to like about the head like a hole or hand that feeds videos. Gave Up isn't awful but it's nothing special.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Well... what is there to like about the head like a hole or hand that feeds videos. Gave Up isn't awful but it's nothing special.
    Those are, essentially, performance videos. Not terrible by any means, but when I think of Nine Inch Nails videos, I'm thinking of Closer, or The Perfect Drug, or Happiness In Slavery, or We're In This Together, or Survivalism, where the artistry is on full display. To say that they're not a video band is to ignore some of the best music videos ever made.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I've never been into any music video's personally, NIN or otherwise. Always just felt like an advert for the song or an excuse to be edgy/political. I always made my own video's in my head to any song i'm listening too in the form of my own anime and characters...but i'm a weirdo.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Aye the mind's eye is always the best director!

Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Those are, essentially, performance videos. Not terrible by any means, but when I think of Nine Inch Nails videos, I'm thinking of Closer, or The Perfect Drug, or Happiness In Slavery, or We're In This Together, or Survivalism, where the artistry is on full display. To say that they're not a video band is to ignore some of the best music videos ever made.
    Easy - it just means I didn't feel the videos they made ever really hit the spot. For me the Perfect Drug is a terribly overblown affair - would have been perfect for Manson, but I always felt NIN were a bit more grounded. We're in this together is kind of cool but it's an almost but not quite for me.

Closer is nicely done but there's some cliched imagery in there that's a bit cringe for me & is a bit too phantasmagorical for NIN. Survivalism is a cool concept... not a bad video by any means, but it didn't knock my socks off - and they're IMO the best rock band in the world with a 20+ year run of stunning live shows... it all just falls slightly below par IMO

For me the artwork on the sleeves and in the booklets reflects the music better.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I've never been into any music video's personally, NIN or otherwise. Always just felt like an advert for the song or an excuse to be edgy/political. I always made my own video's in my head to any song i'm listening too in the form of my own anime and characters...but i'm a weirdo.
    My husband is exactly the same way as you. I love music videos, and feel like it's a good way for the artist to tell their story in another way. NIN has a great music video catalog in my opinion, although I do enjoy the live performance videos so much more. Watching TR bang a tambourine against his chest in his live performance with Gary Numan gives me life.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Easy - it just means I didn't feel the videos they made ever really hit the spot.
    Which is irrelevant. Those videos made an impact on people/art in general. You may not have cared for them or thought they were just okay, but their impact is undeniable, especially when you say that they're "not a video band".

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm sorry is this controversial nine inch nails opinions or objective appraisals of NIN's impact