Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kevin McMahon/Prick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kevin McMahon/Prick

I apologize (hah) if there is already a thread for this, but I searched the A-Z music thread and google and found nothing. I have always LOVED Prick, but I can't find my CDs anymore, it also seems like luckyprick.net store is down (for the indefinite future from what I hear), where the hell can you get his music these days?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I, too, love his music. Ordered the bundle a few years back. The site was down then, too. Just try writing them an email.

While we're at it... I'm hoping for a re-release of the "Communiqué" EP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Wreckard is currently what I'm trying to find (I just ordered the first Prick album used for 15 bucks) but the only place I can find it is http://www.amazon.com/Wreckard-Prick...s=the+wreckard and its 50 dollars. A little much for an album I'd think. Plus buying used gives no money to the artist obviously.

I really wish I would have took better care of my CD collection. Once I moved to itunes (forever ago) and now Spotify I've lost so much rare stuff I used to have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I ordered the new (sic) album 2 years ago while the site was down. The email I ordered through is: luckyordergirl@aol.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really wish I could get my hands on the Fear of Blue stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there anywhere to get the (sic) album?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anything going on with Kevin the last few years? His performance with nin/bowie was incredible. I friggin cant find anything live, "prick" turns up too much crap in any search engine. Any links?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    If anybody needs the s/t, i have it complete with scans of the art. You know what to do.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I have all Prick/McMahon stuff in v0-FLAC depending on what it is. None of it's in print anymore, sooo....

Also, I have his set from the Riverport NIN/Bowie mono soundboard if anyone wants it. Forewarning: it sounds odd. I think it's at a slower speed, I don't they downtuned every song like it sounds on here. I'll leave it as is and you can "fix" it to your collective hearts' contents.

01 Communique *
    02 Riverhead *
    03 Other People
    04 No Fair Fights
    05 Animal
    06 Tough

Notes:
    * dropout due to tape issues

https://www.sendspace.com/file/2kswb1

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Thanks, that was my first Prick show!

Furthermore, the security was so fucking glacial that I only HEARD Prick since I was still waiting for my pat-down during the entirety of their set even though I'd been in line all day. Ugh. At least I'll be able to hear it again now!

I also missed them on tour with Lords of Acid and My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult a year or two later (which still stings), but I finally saw Prick about five years later at the Abbey Pub in Chicago and they were great. Andy Kubisiewski (or w/e, I'm on my phone) was on drums and hung out chatting at the bar talking about NIN and the Ohio music scene forever and he even gave me a setlist and a drumstick, although it was one of his old ones so it had STABBING WESTWARD printed on it instead, lol.

I've got pix from the show, a scan of the handwritten setlist, and I recorded "Tough" on an IntelPlay SoundMorpher...so I'll try to remember to post all that here whenever I wind up back home again.

:)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    I recorded "Tough" on an IntelPlay SoundMorpher...so I'll try to remember to post all that here whenever I wind up back home again.

:)
    LOL please do!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone have the Fear of Blue album, the (sic) album, or the Communique EP? I can't locate them anywhere online to purchase.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MicheaelElizabeth View Post
    Does anyone have the Fear of Blue album, the (sic) album, or the Communique EP? I can't locate them anywhere online to purchase.
    I should have them. Give me some time to dig through my hard drive/ CD collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I should have them. Give me some time to dig through my hard drive/ CD collection.
    Super interested as well.

Has he been up to anything lately?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Thanks a lot. I would appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    What's on the Communique EP?
    Some Lucky Pierre versions of Prick songs, I think.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What's on the Communique EP?
    I love the self-titled Prick album... Makebelieve is such an amazing track

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Damn seeing this thread bumped made me think there was a new material being released.
    Once again my hopes are dashed .
    Nine Inch Nails fans don't know what its like to wait for real if they are a Kevin McMahon fan.
    Anyone heard the latest song Kevin re-did, Fire on the Red Line? Its fantastic and makes me want a new album to come out.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone have this promo version of the original Prick album? The link is dead, unfortunately.

http://immigrantsong1.blogspot.com/2...e-version.html

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Does anyone have this promo version of the original Prick album? The link is dead, unfortunately.

http://immigrantsong1.blogspot.com/2...e-version.html
    +1 please if someone has this

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    +1 please if someone has this
    I can't find a download but if you check out this dudes channel you can hear the some of the original version of the songs.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuO...eAXSt37RxAxGew

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I have the communique ep...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I have the communique ep...
    Please upload it in good quality. I am dying to hear that. Thank you.
    Last edited by MicheaelElizabeth; 10-06-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is a pre-order link up on soundstagedirect for the first Prick album on vinyl. Not sure of the details or who is pressing it, but excellent news. Hope we get a The Wreckard vinyl press.

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/pric...-records.shtml

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtc View Post
    There is a pre-order link up on soundstagedirect for the first Prick album on vinyl. Not sure of the details or who is pressing it, but excellent news. Hope we get a The Wreckard vinyl press.

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/pric...-records.shtml
    Got my copy today. Not remastered as far as I can tell, but it still sounds pretty damned good. Definitely worth the pickup, and I can't imagine it's gonna be a huge run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would love to have the Fear of Blue album and ThinKing, I looked everywhere I could think of and couldn't find it for sale. No one replied from the LuckPrick twitter either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I got that package years ago with all those CDs in the cardboard sleeves and it's great, but I figured it was a limited run. Sucks you can't find it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Man, that vinyl is gonna pair so well with my communique ep.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Am I remembering wrong that some popular site (ninlive?) had some Prick live recordings up? I cant find 'em..

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Damn. Just stumbled upon the cassette rip that's circulating the interwebz featuring a LOT of released and unreleased Lucky Pierre songs, many of which are missing from the best of he compiled and released in 2009.

Really hoping he'll reappear and release some of that (or other) stuff.

I wonder what he's up to these days.