Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: "Everything" debuts on BBC1/TR-Zane Lowe Interview (8.19.13)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post
    it's almost as if Reznor went out of his way to pander to Foo Fighters fans (or the 12 deranged NIN fans roaming the earth who actually believe that With Teeth is better than The Fragile)

Also, this new song may top The Hand That Feeds as the most assessable NIN track to date. I can see this playing over an ESPN highlight montage, a cheesy trailer for a rom-com, or in a Pepsi commercial one day.
    In my non-deranged opinion, With Teeth IS a 'better' album in many ways than The Fragile (on most days), but due to certain parameters of what makes a focused, poignant, and directed album..

"Everything" is the fucking bomb. The unbelievably euphoric verses are nicely contrasted with that dark Getting Smaller/NSPN chorus. It nearly sounds like the happiness present in the verses can only be obtained through the struggle and powering-through found in the choruses. And that outro could have gone on for five minutes and I'd have been one of the happiest NIN fans around. For those complaining about the length, it was written as a standalone single and is the shortest track on HM by a whole 40 seconds. And I have faith that it's placement on the record will be a welcome one. This is one of my favorite TR-penned songs ever.
    Last edited by joplinpicasso; 08-19-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chroipahtz View Post
    Anyone attempting to get the lyrics yet?

Here's my attempt:

I survived everything
    I have tried everything
    Everything, everything, and anything

All the walls begin dissolve away
    Do/till your hands begin to shake, to shake, to shake, to shake, to shake
    And just who you think you used to be
    All begins to bend and break and break and break and break

Wave goodbye, wish me well
    I've become something else
    Something else, something else, it's just as well

But this thing that lives inside of me
    Will surely rise and wake and wake and wake and wake
    ???
    And it comes to grab and take and take and take

I am home
    I believe
    I am home
    I am free

I am home
    I can see
    Always here
    Finally

I am home
    I believe
    I am home
    I am free
    Yes, as I think it is important to understand that to understand this song. My best guess on that ??? line, after much scrutiny:

"And its seed that bleeds right through to me"

Which, if at all correct, would be especially interesting as it would fit into that recurring theme we've seen through a number of songs/albums now.

Also, I think that third "I am home" might actually be "I am whole" ?
    Last edited by Paul; 08-19-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post

Also, this new song may top The Hand That Feeds as the most assessable NIN track to date.
    Every Day is Exactly the Same would like to speak to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Could someone be so kind as to PM me the high quality version of this song? Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After a few plays along with the other singles I decided that I like the song… yet I must say I hate the audio clipping like fuck all over the place. Hopefully the vinyl version won't have the peaks cut off…

Edit: And yes, I have the nin.com FLAC version.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    I'm looking for the whole interview. Did someone record it?
    https://soundcloud.com/insecurespike/2013-08-19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm loving all this hate. It means fewer people at the Scala gig in April. In fact, anyone who hates this and has Scala tickets, hand them over. Reznor isn't on Heroin anymore, doesn't hang around with cock sucking managers- he has a wife, kids, a home, a life outside the music, it's really good and is bound to spill over into the music.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Before anyone says this is the worst NIN song ever please refresh your memories briefly and re-evaluate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    PM for amazon version?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What?? The song deep rules. The video however....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love the song, from everything else we've heard and read about it seems like the album is going to have more slow building songs, like Find My Way, this is a good poppy number to have as a single

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owinn View Post
    Before anyone says this is the worst NIN song ever please refresh your memories briefly and re-evaluate
    I actually liked deep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I preordered on NIN.com... How gets I this song on my portable device?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    anyone have a link to the interview from earlier?
    also looking for a link to the interview

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyLittleHeart View Post
    also looking for a link to the interview
    https://soundcloud.com/insecurespike/2013-08-19

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    When the song started, I thought "when did Josh Freese start writing songs for NIN?"

It's not my favorite NIN song (that would be Reptile) but it's not "That's What I Get" either. But it's a new NIN song and I'm fucking grateful for that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to take a look at NINs facebook page?
    The comments on there are pure gold.
    Whats being said? Im not on that face thing.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the fact that this is a single just speaks to typical major label record company bullshit. some "genius" exec picks the poppiest most commercial song and decides to put it out as the single...the people saying how much they love this song...if TR put out a song of 5 minutes of him burping while tapping his knee, these people would claim its fucking genius....thank god the rest of the album sounds nothing like this (I hope)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Also, anyone who feels that this is just fluff and candy from TR show refer back to that second chorus, and thanks to @Paul's interpretation, I think it's a great allusion to a temporary sense of relief before being overcome by something else. (You haters are funny individuals!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    This is awful. If you heard this song on the radio and it was by any other band, it wouldn't even register.
    As depressing as it is, I kind of feel this way at the moment. I mean, good on him for doing something so bold and what not but honestly it really isn't for me. At all.

However as far as I'm concerned between Came Back Haunted, Copy of A, Find My Way, and Disappointed they've made a fucking epic album anyway. I just hope the rest of the songs I've yet to hear are more to my liking.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to take a look at NINs facebook page?
    The comments on there are pure gold.
    "Fans on Facebook are wanting the song removed from the tracklisting and replaced with some magical studio version of Sex Dwarf? That is fucking retarded. This might not be the best song ever made but it's hated that fucking much? Give me a break. It's not 1994 anymore people.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuckit View Post
    PM for amazon version?
    Amazon hasn't released this yet.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sore_and_crucified View Post
    I'm loving all this hate. It means fewer people at the Scala gig in April. In fact, anyone who hates this and has Scala tickets, hand them over. Reznor isn't on Heroin anymore, doesn't hang around with cock sucking managers- he has a wife, kids, a home, a life outside the music, it's really good and is bound to spill over into the music.
    Why does any of that matter? The song is terrible because its just bad. Anyone could've written a song like this. If he was going to attempt a New Order song at least succeed in constructing something interesting... This is bland, amateurish even.

Someone needs to help him program some beats. This minimalist approach is starting to become a problem.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I think "Everything" is a beautifully written song. I've been listening to it nonstop since it debuted this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by owinn View Post
    Nah, Deep is great.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Whats being said? Im not on that face thing.
    My favorite - "I am a long time NIN fan, I have the logo from Sin tattoo'd on my arm even and I have to say...the song "Everything"...is just...horrible. I like "Copy Of A " and "Came Back Haunted" and I am looking forward to Hesitation marks ...but honest to god I am going to just delete the song "Everything" of my Ipod if you don't replace the song with something else. I know you, like any artist or band gets a bunch of nonsensical backlash from trolls and haters but, please believe me...this is not one of those times. I humbly ask you to replace the song "Everything" with something else. I know you guys where working on a cover of Soft Cell's "Sex Dwarf" back during the "The Downward Spiral/Closure" era. I feel that song matches Hesitation Marks on many levels. Whatever you decide to do is your choice even if you just remove the track it's an improvement. However if you keep "Everything" on Hesitation Marks then you've lost my respect as both a long time fan and a music fan in general and I will actually think twice before buying another NIN album after that."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

hm

For the past few days, I have imagined how this song was going to be. The one factor that kept coming back to me was that I anticipated something similar to "Echoplex." I wasn't too far off, considering the drum sound. Slow that shit down and it would creep me out how close I was in my imagination.

My only complaint is that the drumbeat and tempo literally stay the same the entire track. Yeah I know that's nothing new for NIN but that particular beat sounds a little cheesy and demo quality...but maybe that's what he was going for?

I bet all the haters would LOVE this song if he sounded harsh during the hook. As opposed to the "happy" vocals.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Listening to it now for the first time. Very upbeat. Very, very upbeat.

Is this the first feel-good NIN song ever?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post
    I actually liked deep.
    There are worse songs, like "Getting Smaller"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

From here: http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/08/19...-is-uh-upbeat/

Bonus: Try to figure out if they photoshopped Josh's face on that guy on the right or not...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    "Fans on Facebook are wanting the song removed from the tracklisting and replaced with some magical studio version of Sex Dwarf? That is fucking retarded. This might not be the best song ever made but it's hated that fucking much? Give me a break. It's not 1994 anymore people.
    the song is horrible