Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: "Everything" debuts on BBC1/TR-Zane Lowe Interview (8.19.13)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I made a couple jokes about the new song but my excitement for the record hasnt changed one bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've heard better sounds emanate from my asshole after a night of binge drinking on rotgut booze and eating Chipotle.

1/10. FAIL.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Disappointing all around. Wish the guy would take a page out of Radiohead's book.
    You mean by releasing one of the best albums of their careers (in rainbows) just to follow it up with a thom York self indulging turd? Lol no but it would probably still be better than what Trent just tried to pull off

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Disappointing all around. Wish the guy would take a page out of Radiohead's book.
    What, be incredibly boring?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post
    People who are waiting for a TDS 2 or thought this was going to be one, need to get a fucking clue. Its not going to happen, Trent is not the same person. He is an emotionally mature married man with 2 babies. FUCK what is wrong with people.
    I agree that the people who are looking to an equal to TDS need to move on, it had its place and time.
    But in the interview he said he was thinking alot about that album while he was writing this, and that this is kind of the otherside of that journey.
    Since its the 20th anniversary of that album and the artworks done by the same person I think its safe to say that HM and TDS are kinda kindred spirits, 2 sides of the same coin.

But agreed, those waiting for ruiner or march of the pigs 2 (isn't that all the pigs all lined up???) are sorely out of luck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just like how some people have this weird fucked up sense of entitlement. Like you are entitled to TDS 2 or another The Fragile. Lets get this straight, you are not entitled to anything. He should be able to do what he wants and be as honest to us (the fans) as he wants. I am just happy we are getting a new nin record and tour. I think this song is ok, but the rest of the songs I have heard I really reallyfucking like.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    It's just a song people. I'm pretty sure there are more important stuff going on in the world right now.

How about them Egyptians? Are they done rioting and being killed yet?
    i know what you're getting at, and agree with you. But this is a NIN site so a new single coming out is gonna be a big deal no matter what side of the fence people are on this song. You should visit a vehicle specific car forum some time- no different.

For the other shit go to CNN, MSN, etc. :P

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post
    People who are waiting for a TDS 2 or thought this was going to be one, need to get a fucking clue. Its not going to happen, Trent is not the same person. He is an emotionally mature married man with 2 babies. FUCK what is wrong with people.

Where are these people?! I have seen one post that looks like they want TDS 2. One. Post. Where the fuck is this supposedly rampant sentiment. Please show me some quotes because I feel very trolled.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If there's one thing this song did for me was get a reaction. I put it on in the car and as soon as the verse kicked in my eyes popped wide open, and I just kind of stared at the radio. Honestly if I hadn't downloaded it from nin.com I'd have thought I was getting trolled by the Electronic Beach Boys.

Definitely not what I was expecting, and it's the only NIN song I've ever listened to where my immediate reaction was "wow, this is bad." But it's sunk in a bit and now I'm finding myself humming the verse and it's growing on me. Definitely doesn't fit in the little box that I've made that is what I expect from NIN, but that's pretty cool. To some degree neither does Copy of A, and I fucking love that song.

I do think this was an odd choice for a single. The album had/has a lot of REALLY strong momentum and I see a lot of people aren't really digging this track at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it's a very poppy jam with some awesome walls of noise. don't make it the soul reason for your identity as a nails fan + you'll be fine.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Wow, I like it!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Can someone pm me song???

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    If there's one thing this song did for me was get a reaction. I put it on in the car and as soon as the verse kicked in my eyes popped wide open, and I just kind of stared at the radio. Honestly if I hadn't downloaded it from nin.com I'd have thought I was getting trolled by the Electronic Beach Boys.

Definitely not what I was expecting, and it's the only NIN song I've ever listened to where my immediate reaction was "wow, this is bad." But it's sunk in a bit and now I'm finding myself humming the verse and it's growing on me. Definitely doesn't fit in the little box that I've made that is what I expect from NIN, but that's pretty cool. To some degree neither does Copy of A, and I fucking love that song.

I do think this was an odd choice for a single. The album had/has a lot of REALLY strong momentum and I see a lot of people aren't really digging this track at all.

This thread should honestly be locked after this comment IMO

You hit the nail on the head 100% There's not much to be said after this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    You all make it sound like this one song is the band's new direction. Just watch one of the recent webcasts and you'll see it's not.

Comparing NIN with Metallica was too much.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    There's not much to be said after this.
    Are you new here?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good Job Fist Fuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's just a song people. I'm pretty sure there are more important stuff going on in the world right now.

Sure there is but there is also new NIN, and it is a very polarizing song. Y'all had to expect it to be crazy around here. With that said, I really can't believe how uncouth some people can be regarding their opinions. I am not a huge fan of the track, but I am happy that TR is in the personal space he is in that created it and I am anxiously awaiting HM like everyone else.
    Last edited by tiempo; 08-19-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    You mean by releasing one of the best albums of their careers (in rainbows) just to follow it up with a thom York self indulging turd? Lol no but it would probably still be better than what Trent just tried to pull off
    I think you're confusing consistency here. Consistency in evolution speaks volumes. Consistency in singles which augment the bank account is suspicious. Radiohead former, Nine Inch Nails latter.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Ho. Ly. FUCK. Man, I am so giddy that Trent's finally done something truly unexpected musically. Not that he hasn't been putting out consistently innovative stuff over his whole career, be it the early stuff or Year Zero or Ghosts/soundtracks/HTDA/what-have-you, but it's always all fallen into this bin which was, at the end of the day, easily categorized as "oh, this is Nine Inch Nails." This new track, though? Bold as effing hell. I am 100% behind this, and continue to be super-psyched about this new album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I need a PM asap.

First listen: Worst crap ever. Way too poppy for NIN. And yes, I know NIN has many poppy songs, but this particular song goes just too far for NIN, Discipline is now a hardcore song compared to this. And it sounds too similar to The Cure and New Order, or to the billion current pseudoretro electronic bands that try to sound like those two these days. Maybe Trent is paying too much attention to certain indie stuff from Pitchfork. I hate this song with passion, it's fucking awful.

Second listen: Ok, it's not that bad, certainly catchy, I could get used to it.

Third listen: Ok, I'm starting to like it, I'll have to wait for the full album and see how it fits, maybe once the album is out and I have listened to it a lot I'll actually dig this track much better, right now I'm just confused, and I can see why a lot of fans are going to hate this single.

Send me a PM, please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ... I really like it. It is sort of refreshing to hear such a different sound from him, while also still somehow sounding like nine inch nails. I can see why some may not like it, I don't understand the extreme hatred of it, there are far worse songs, lookin at you starfuckers and getting smaller(I don't hate either of those songs, but "everything" is better than them for sure.) Feels like an interesting center of the album. Curious to see how we got here and where it goes from here. I somehow doubt it escalates into super positive optimistic and poppy disco dance tunes for the remainder of the album. Although, i would like to see him try and pull that one off. HA!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

holy shit, you're right -- we don't have time for snarky internet comments! Frankly, what the fuck are we even doing listening to music? we should be listening to the news! Only then can we save the Egyptians!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    What, be incredibly boring?
    Who says? King of Limbs introduced musical threads deriving from a wealth of structural sources. "Everything" does too. Most of them are from the mall.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    holy shit, you're right -- we don't have time for snarky internet comments! Frankly, what the fuck are we even doing listening to music? We should be listening to the news! Only then can we save the egyptians!
    Did someone say egypt?
    SOMEONE TURN ON CNN ASAP!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Who says? King of Limbs introduced musical threads deriving from a wealth of structural sources. "Everything" does too. Most of them are from the mall.
    In the words of my people, "no1curr".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mr. Self Destruct was raped by The Great Destroyer who later a little happy boy that was Everything. As a longtime fan of Trent and Co., this kinda freaked me out, which is always a good thing I like it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hey guys, i just to know if anyone have the OFFICIAL audio of the podcast... because it's only for UK... i'll appreciate a pm with that, thanx!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To add, Reznor's lyrical motifs are nauseating at this point. Put the "wave goodbyes" to rest, will ya? Who gives a shit?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    After many listens, it is still a bit hard to grasp for me. I dig the chorus and the bridge, but the verse just irks me.

Its not a terrible song, just not into that type of groove. Which is odd for me because I do listen to 80's music. Something about this is just not hitting me yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    does anyone have a link to the download of this song? I want to add it to my hesitation marks playlist!!