Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: "Everything" debuts on BBC1/TR-Zane Lowe Interview (8.19.13)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    mate you might wanna double check the date of that Scala gig...if you were planning on going.
    It was sarcasm, the Scala gig is tomorrow and a UK tour is, semi- confirmed for April. For those able to join the dots, the answer is-

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    HAHA
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/604/7...itation-marks/

This is a petition by fans, for fans of Nine Inch Nails who are unhappy with the song "Everything"and feel it should be remove from the album Hesitation Marks. Many of us feel the song is a direct insult to the long time Nine Inch Nails fanbase and and think the song will negetively affect the sales of the album. We are requesting in both our and Nine Inch Nails best interest that the song be removed and replaced with something unreleased that was ether in development during another album or an entirely new song. Some of the replacements suggestions are :
    1. Scantified (studio recording of the 2013 Live Version)
    2. Personal Jesus (Johnny Cash/Depeche Mode cover)
    3. Sex Dwarf (Soft Cell cover)
    4. Now I'm Nothing (studio recording of a song preformed only live)
    5. Maybe Just Once (re-recorded studio version)
    6. Please (+appendage) (Rare Extended version of "Please")
    7. Terrible Lie (Demo)
    8. Head Like a Hole (Demo)
    9. Zero Sum (Fringe Commerical Version)
    10. The Perfect Drug (Live)
    11. And All That Could Of Been (Live)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've to agree with this guy from Tumblr on the complex thing.
    http://nincentral.tumblr.com/post/58...out-everything

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I cannot deal with 60% of this fanbase.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    Jesus H Christ, really? They do realise they don't have to listen to it regardless if its on the album or not, right?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Anyone who signs this petition should.........not buy the album. Problem solved.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm really starting to like it after a couple listens. I think the song really starts to take off after the first verse. Nice work Trent.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    What I truly wonder, is how much shit TR will be able to take before he goes off on someone. I will be truly impressed if he manages to not feed the trolls.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Everything is not just a great song, but is also genius because it's weeding out the shitty fans.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    >Scantified
    >Personal Jesus

My sides.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo33 View Post
    What I truly wonder, is how much shit TR will be able to take before he goes off on someone. I will be truly impressed if he manages to not feed the trolls.
    Rob Sheridan's already posted on NIN's Facebook page.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    "This is a petition by fans, for fans of Nine Inch Nails..."

Don't speak for me, bitches.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo33 View Post
    He needs help. He should bring on some people that aren't just yes men. He needs to start bouncing some ideas off another talented musician cuz seriously wtf is he thinking with this song.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't know how this doesn't surprise me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Love it, great song

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    "This is a petition by fans, for fans of Nine Inch Nails..."

Don't speak for me, bitches.
    IN-FUCKING-DEED.

The song is very "meh" for me but that petition is downright offensive.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Rob Sheridan's already posted on NIN's Facebook page.
    Can you post what he said? Can't seem to find it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is he known to get on the boards?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The ironic thing about all this is that most of the "hardcore" fans got into NIN because it was perverse and outside their comfort zones....now that they've actually gotten something perverse and outside their comfort zones they can't handle it. Gold!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    STAHP U GUISE

or don't. this *outrage* has made my day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The song will make sense in the context of the album for sure. I like it, it's a positive song and it explores a different side of NIN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First listen I was like "what the fuck am I listening to?"
    Second listen I was like well, at least there's going to be some variety on this album. I was starting to think we'd only get some funkygaydiscosynthwavepop after the first two songs.
    Third listen and now I'm entirely okay with this.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Everything is not just a great song, but is also genius because it's weeding out the shitty fans.
    One could argue that the shitty fans are people who suck off The Slip and Everything and yet diss The Fragile

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Can you post what he said? Can't seem to find it.
    "It's always a good sign if something new pisses some old fans off. It's a sign of evolution. If you're not pissing someone off, you're not doing anything interesting. And if your taste in music hasn't changed or evolved at all in 10 or 20 years, well, that sounds like a fucking boring way to live. Also, here's the proper reaction to hearing a song you don't like from a band you love: First, listen to it again. Then walk away, go do something else, think about it, come back, listen again. Stew on it. Let it digest. If you still don't like it, that's cool, but the right response is "I don't like this song, but that's okay, it has no impact on all the other songs I like." Not "THE ARTIST I LOVE IS DEAD THIS IS GARBAGE I CAN'T BELIEVE I'VE BEEN BETRAYED" etc. Grow up."

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    and bringing in even shittier ones. Sometimes I feel like you guys would buy up the Biebz discography if only it had a Halo number on it and were labeled "Nine Inch Nails"

What I wonder, is how much shit fanboys will listen to before they acknowledge how far the quality of this music has sunk.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    He's at the place that Everything implies on the first couple listens. He can't keep making the same sort of music he was making back then, and people have been making that point for like eight years now.
    Copy of A already shows that he can make a far more compelling song than 'Everything'

Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    And how in the fuck is Everything fitting the mold? Tell me exactly what NIN track sounds like this, matches this track. We're not talking about the scope of pop music, because you won't hear this shit from any other artist, either.Dude wrote a track no one expected, one that doesn't fit into any category of music Trent's worked on in his entire tenure with NIN.
    I never said it wasn't an original track when compared the the rest of NIN's discography. I'm surprised that Reznor came up with this too, but not in a good way.

Somebody already mentioned that it sounds a lot like Deerhunter, which is very true. Personally, I find the vocals (lyrics and melody) to be very similar to what Eddie Vedder has been shitting out since the 90's, which countless bands over the decades have replicated with great ease. I could wrangle up a Pearl Jam song that sounds like 'Everything' but that would mean actually listening to a Pearl Jam song...I haven't done that in awhile.

Why don't you explain to me why this is better than some generic Foo Fighters single? Do you actually believe there is something original and groundbreaking here? There isn't.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    and bringing in even shittier ones. Sometimes I feel like you guys would buy up the Biebz discography if only it had a Halo number on it and were labeled "Nine Inch Nails"
    Uhhhh.... yeeeeeeeahhh no.

If anything, it'll bring in more open minded level headed fans.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    One could argue that the shitty fans are people who suck off The Slip and Everything and yet diss The Fragile
    I think it's safe to say the "shitty" fans are the ones who bash a specific track/album/era because it's not what they feel like NIN "is" or "should" be or stand for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    KROQ's going to play it in a bit: Ted StrykerIt's a new ‪#‎NIN‬ song for the ‪#‎Stryker420‬ today on KROQ. Song is called "Everything".
    So many people will be in shock and/or disappointed though.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post
    Why don't you explain to me why this is better than some generic Foo Fighters single? Do you actually believe there is something original and groundbreaking here? There isn't.
    Why does it need to be?