Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: "Everything" debuts on BBC1/TR-Zane Lowe Interview (8.19.13)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Give me your tears, ETS!!!
    Last edited by slave2thewage; 08-19-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    We're also getting it out of context of the album, and I could see this being pretty cool live.
    I suppose that's a fair point. It's tough when one's caught up in "omg new song" frenzy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    at first, I was shocked. later on, I still couldn't put my finger on it. after 4 listens, I decided I like it. I mean it's definitely not your usual NIN song, it's unlike anything TR has ever done, but hey, maybe he doesn't want to be depressive 24/7, and this one is kinda nice. I'm glad he won't stick to his 'wanna kill myself' schtick for the rest of his life

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Ok....so here's a long drawn out reasoning as to why I love this...

Is it poppy? You bet....but it reminds me of certain parts on other bands I love like My Bloody Valentine and Dinosaur Jr. It's got this optimistic tone to it but the rushing guitar chords and drums have a underlying almost anxiety to them. The whole song has this "I really went through some horrible shit, but ended up okay on the other side" vibe to it. For whatever reason...at work today, I was caught up in emotion listening to this. Maybe it's because I feel kind of the same way, at 26...although I haven't experienced "Everything"...I still feel like many positive and negatives have caught up with me. I'm unsure where I'm at in my life, but I know that I'm in a better place than I was 3 of even 10 years ago. Hearing Trent Reznor be a little more optimistic got me extremely emotional and I teared up a bit while listening to it. I feel like as fans we've gone through so much with Trent that listening to a new song in a new context like this...really pulled my heart strings for some reason.

Whew. Okay.

Anyway, I really like it. I can see why people won't....but that won't stop me from thinking how much I enjoy this song.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails releasing something that upsets the ears and confuses the mind. How out of character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    Smiled from ear to ear while that was being premiered. 80's vibes all the way. Couldn't help but laugh though as this is gonna piss a lot of people off! Haha Trent, don't ever stop. Love it.
    I'm with you.

Immediately made me think I need to go buy a shitbox Chevy Nova, a fedora, pea coat, some clove cigarettes, and drive west baby.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    double post

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think Everything sounds beautiful. I loved it, very upbeat probably most Indie sounding NIN track ever., loved the comment Trent made about the naked men on Zane's laptop.
    Kudos for Trent for bigging up Islington!
    Last edited by Highly Psychological; 08-19-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I guess they are here to have a good time! *dances*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The best part of the show was the part where I got a shout out by Zane. Or maybe that was the worst part. I dunno.

Anyway here's how it goes:

"I LOVE THIS NEW NIN SONG!" "YOU'RE A TASTELESS MORON"
    "I HATE THIS NEW NIN SONG!" "YOU'RE A TASTELESS MORON"
    technically speaking we're all tasteless morons.

end of thread

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureSpike View Post
    Pretty sure Trent answered my question about the 2009 footage, around 30:45:

https://twitter.com/FernandoDante/st...40860003622912

But Zane said it came from "Graham"? Anyway, I guess we shouldn't expect the official release of "The Downward Spiral Live" any time soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love it! Its so good! It reminds me of happy Cure songs in the verses, a good thing IMO.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    when he was talking about how he thinks of some things not fitting under the umbrella of NIN i was thinking 'nah, NIN can be whatever you want Trent!' (cause we're on a first name basis in my head) but then after hearing Everything, i get it. And i'm not sure I like it. i didn't really like CBH at first though either so we'll see..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Onion could totally put out an article. "Mass suicide by NIN fans after the release of an Owl City inspired song "Everything."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    so, now we can finally seperate the happy fans from the unhappy. muhahah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Everything is pleasing to me and I am very much excited as to how diverse this album is looking along with what it means for the potential of all the other tracks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I got the source NPR "Everything" is 128 kbps and is the official one posted for stream, PM if you want it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok what was that with the Europe tour? What visuals do we get? The Festival or Tension?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i'm loving it for similar reasons. it's the exact opposite of the brutal, heavy, and dark band that i discovered in 1993. of course the focus has changed several times over the years, but this one is a complete antithesis. it's not that there haven't been pop songs before (moments of the slip and with teeth aimed for this, too), but this one really exceeds in capturing a different, but just as effective sound. as a pop song, in line with the likes of u2 or new order's heyday, it's amazing.

while i've liked the previous songs just fine, this is the first i've found myself listening to repeatedly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It sounds like The Cure on a higher production. It's good, but it won't stand out in the band's singles discography and I pretty much doubt it will bring over new fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Listen to the brand new Nine Inch Nails song “Everything” right now, via NPR.
    From the forthcoming album Hesitation Marks, out September 3rd. Pre-order now from nin.com/iTunes/Amazon.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hopefully this brings us one step closer to what we all really want. An Option 30 reunion.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    i'm loving it for similar reasons. it's the exact opposite of the brutal, heavy, and dark band that i discovered in 1993. of course the focus has changed several times over the years, but this one is a complete antithesis. it's not that there haven't been pop songs before (moments of the slip and with teeth aimed for this, too), but this one really exceeds in capturing a different, but just as effective sound. as a pop song, in line with the likes of u2 or new order's heyday, it's amazing.

while i've liked the previous songs just fine, this is the first i've found myself listening to repeatedly.
    soon: 13 year old girls on the front rail of the pit, alongside their dads.

reminds me of: linkin park concert

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Well, yeah, it was the "everything" part of the everything/nothing dichotomy theme. Not going to be playing this one much, but not for reasons mentioned here. I guess it's a 6/10 for me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Ok what was that with the Europe tour? What visuals do we get? The Festival or Tension?
    UK tour in April (so assume other Euro dates around then) and full stage set up so I assume that means Tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nin.com has Everything available for download if you preordered the album there

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm digging the new track, but would have appreciated a little taste of saxophone.

Little did I know I would get my wish once the album dropped.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 08-26-2013 at 11:13 PM. Reason: I remembered my stiffness for some sax.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Everything was added to the ZIP file with singles for those who preordered HM

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hahaha so this is how they're describing it.. http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/0...em-everything/