Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: "Everything" debuts on BBC1/TR-Zane Lowe Interview (8.19.13)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    My favorite - "I am a long time NIN fan, I have the logo from Sin tattoo'd on my arm even and I have to say...the song "Everything"...is just...horrible. I like "Copy Of A " and "Came Back Haunted" and I am looking forward to Hesitation marks ...but honest to god I am going to just delete the song "Everything" of my Ipod if you don't replace the song with something else. I know you, like any artist or band gets a bunch of nonsensical backlash from trolls and haters but, please believe me...this is not one of those times. I humbly ask you to replace the song "Everything" with something else. I know you guys where working on a cover of Soft Cell's "Sex Dwarf" back during the "The Downward Spiral/Closure" era. I feel that song matches Hesitation Marks on many levels. Whatever you decide to do is your choice even if you just remove the track it's an improvement. However if you keep "Everything" on Hesitation Marks then you've lost my respect as both a long time fan and a music fan in general and I will actually think twice before buying another NIN album after that."
    Wow, all the Hot Topic Goth Kids are off, writing in their misery journals as mascara runs down their sad little cheeks. Ha!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    My favorite - "I am a long time NIN fan, I have the logo from Sin tattoo'd on my arm even and I have to say...the song "Everything"...is just...horrible. I like "Copy Of A " and "Came Back Haunted" and I am looking forward to Hesitation marks ...but honest to god I am going to just delete the song "Everything" of my Ipod if you don't replace the song with something else. I know you, like any artist or band gets a bunch of nonsensical backlash from trolls and haters but, please believe me...this is not one of those times. I humbly ask you to replace the song "Everything" with something else. I know you guys where working on a cover of Soft Cell's "Sex Dwarf" back during the "The Downward Spiral/Closure" era. I feel that song matches Hesitation Marks on many levels. Whatever you decide to do is your choice even if you just remove the track it's an improvement. However if you keep "Everything" on Hesitation Marks then you've lost my respect as both a long time fan and a music fan in general and I will actually think twice before buying another NIN album after that."
    Priceless. Just...priceless.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to take a look at NINs facebook page?
    The comments on there are pure gold.
    Hahahaha! Best day ever.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    There are worse songs, like "Getting Smaller"
    Getting Smaller rules! The Collector though...that song is shit.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Their worst song is Discipline. I thought everyone knew that.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    What is hysterical about this whole thing, is that way back in time...what seems like another lifetime ago, I recall MANY MANY people complaining that NIN became too "Metal" when Broken came out.

Can you imagine that?

Yea.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love how some people are just like auto-"its bad" just because it isn't dark at all. Give it a chance as a song, its pretty good! I was as taken back as anyone when I first heard it, but considering I listen to A LOT of great music that isn't dark and isn't NIN, it may be easier for me to get than others. Who knows. TR knew he was going to piss people off with this one though. What is with this need for NIN to always be a certain way?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    It's great, they all are. Someone mentioned it already, but yes that drum track is very Cortini.
    I can't believe some people could prefer that "Everything" doesn't exist. The fact it does exist is proof Trent hasn't changed and is the same artist we all respect.
    Last edited by somethingelse; 08-19-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: my grammer, it sucks.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Damn. You guys mad?

This song is great, if only for causing the entire fanbase to collapse in on itself. All the closet goths coming out in droves to declare that Trent has finally ruined his career, that NIN is over, just because of one song.

I think that's a victory for Trent, to get such a visceral response from his fans, especially after such a long time without a new album, and considering how long his career has gone on.

On another note, I noticed a lot of new names in this thread. Especially that Travis Lawler dude. Go back to your hole and put TDS on repeat, dick. Rabbit too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post
    I actually liked deep.
    Well there you go then, people actually like Deep. And that's fine...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Listening to it now for the first time. Very upbeat. Very, very upbeat.

Is this the first feel-good NIN song ever?
    I'd say The Hand That Feeds is a pretty feel-good track, it's just dealing with some current event topics but gets masked in the LCD Soundsystem/electro rock vibe. I can remember when I first saw Nine Inch Nails in 2005, hearing Hurt live was so emotionally draining for me...it took a lot out of me and I remember losing it and got extremely choked up. By the end of Hurt as I was wiping the tears away from my face...The Hand That Feeds picked up and that song just puts you in a little bit of a better mood.

THIS however is a very up beat song and is dealing with some personal...almost awakening issues. More awakening in the sense of optimism....and I really like that. Sure, we all love "SMASH MYSELF TO PIECES" Trent....but this "I am free" Trent Reznor is even more exciting to me considering as I wrote before...I'm not the same person I was so many years ago too.

I just realized I've posted on here twice about how I cry to music. -___-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know, I keep going back to listen to it.........and now I'm kinda curious as to what satellite is gonna sound like.
    Didn't he say in some interview that this is like a 2nd part or a continuance of the downward spiral?
    I just got a interesting thought and a high hope for this album, its Trent. I have a feeling he's gonna knock every NIN fan on their ass.
    Everything is a happy tune, and its poppy!!!
    But so was maybe just once, and maybe just once was not a happy song.
    Listening to this more, it doesn't sound as happy as the first few listens......

and I still think that Copy of A is a jab at the concept of Mr Self destruct.......almost like Mr Self Destruct looking at himself asking.....
    Look what you had to start.....
    Why suddenly is everything so much better now?
    Remember......we were gonna FUCK SHIT UP!
    We were gonna FUCK EVERYONE IN THE WORLD!!! DO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS!!!!
    and YOU 2nd guessed it and fucked everything up.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raygunprimed View Post
    The fact it does exist is proof Trent is the same artist we all respect.
    Yes, and Trent idolizes someone who made a career out of doing these things (David Bowie)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is it weird that I think the guitar part during the verses sounds kinda like Deerhunter?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_OAK View Post
    I don't see how accessibility relates to underachievement.
    Accessibility doesn't always equal underachievement, but this song really seems like it was dulled down and simplified to cater towards a mainstream audience. Keep in mind that this is the same band that released March of the Pigs and The Day the World Went Away as singles - very abrasive, creative tracks that weren't exactly radio-friendly, yet showcased why NIN was better than most of the major rock bands out there. 'Everything' just feels like something that fits the mold instead of breaking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Is it weird that I think the guitar part during the verses sounds kinda like Deerhunter?
    The song does have a certain Bradford Cox feel to it.
    Last edited by Presideo; 08-19-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    There are worse songs, like "Getting Smaller"
    No way, "Getting Smaller" rules too.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Guess I have to join the "not liking it at all" camp. The chorus is great and I love the whole wall of noise, but I can't see that song fitting on the album with the songs we have heard so far. The production is dope and yes it reminds me of a lot of great bands (New Order in particular), but that is a direction I'd rather like Trent not to take.

Copy of A
    Find My Way
    the chorus of Everything
    Disappointed
    Came Back Haunted
    the rest of Everything

And while this is definitely a grower I can't see myself spinning this tune alot.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It'll be interesting to see how he fits this song into his live set (assuming he does). Obviously, there may well be tracks on HM that segue well from the dark to the not so dark. *pictures goths rioting if the song is played live* Now I really can't wait to hear the rest of HM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    could someone please PM me for the Dload

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So many mixed feelings right now, I love all the comments. This is what Reznor wanted to provoke.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I can't help myself, but I love this song
    Maybe it's because I start feeling the same in my life.

To me, Trent is just completely honest with that song.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Since this track is available in an official fashion I vote that we do NOT distribute this track. Just my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

"Everything" debuts on BBC1/TR-Zane Lowe Interview (8.19.13)

Ok.. A couple of hours later (and some serious time to kill on this damn 8 hour coach journey, FML) I have to say I do love the layered vocals on the second verse.

Flipping LOVELY!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I like it. Wonder what the Autolux remix on the Japanese edition will sound like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fuck the haters. This song is upbeat as hell and I love it. It makes me want to go back to college just so I can pretend I'm in a "school's out for summer" montage driving down a sunset-drenched coast on my way back home, blaring this song with the biggest fucking smile on my face.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post
    Accessibility doesn't always equal underachievement, but this song really seems like it was dulled down and simplified to cater towards a mainstream audience. Keep in mind that this is the same band that released March of the Pigs and The Day the World Went Away as singles - very abrasive, creative tracks that weren't exactly radio-friendly, yet showcased why NIN was better than most of the major rock bands out there. 'Everything' just feels like something that fits the mold instead of breaking it.
    That was 1994 and 1999, respectively. Trent was already starting to get fucked up in 94, and I'm surprised he was even still alive in 99. Now, where's he at?

He's at the place that Everything implies on the first couple listens. He can't keep making the same sort of music he was making back then, and people have been making that point for like eight years now.

And how in the fuck is Everything fitting the mold? Tell me exactly what NIN track sounds like this, matches this track. We're not talking about the scope of pop music, because you won't hear this shit from any other artist, either.

Dude wrote a track no one expected, one that doesn't fit into any category of music Trent's worked on in his entire tenure with NIN.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    From Facebook: "Tyler Sheehy Jason, would you fucking believe that a couple years ago people were actually wishing he was still strung out and miserable because "he made better music back then"? Granted it came from EtS which is a horrible group of people anyway, but still."

O RLY?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Can anybody hook a brother up with a link to the song? Thanks guys!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Damn. You guys mad?

This song is great, if only for causing the entire fanbase to collapse in on itself. All the closet goths coming out in droves to declare that Trent has finally ruined his career, that NIN is over, just because of one song.

I think that's a victory for Trent, to get such a visceral response from his fans, especially after such a long time without a new album, and considering how long his career has gone on.

On another note, I noticed a lot of new names in this thread. Especially that Travis Lawler dude. Go back to your hole and put TDS on repeat, dick. Rabbit too.
    This. Exactly. Not everything has to be DARK and ANGRY. Do people really think TR lives in a crumbling tower and is dark and angry all of the time???How many times has he said 'hes not who he used to be'? A lot. So either dig it, or don't buy the album and buy the new ministry instead. Im sure that will be as good as the last one, right? Ha

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZootZap View Post
    I can't help myself, but I love this song
    Maybe it's because I start feeling the same in my life.

To me, Trent is just completely honest with that song.
    Exactly why I am in love with this song as well!