Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1909

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    …it's fascinating to belhold Al's sound evolve and change into what it became, and every time a new gem is found and gets dusted off, I'm thrilled.
    This is so true. What an entirely fascinating trajectory this band’s sound has taken over the years. And I think this journey pre-dates even the synth-pop of With Sympathy. ‘I’m Falling’ was released prior to WS, and owes more to post-punk (The Cure, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Joy Division) than synth pop.

Even in the space of a couple of years early on, the sound of Al’s output shifted wildly.
    Last edited by muad'nin; 08-16-2021 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Clarity

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Listened to some of the new singles (Good Trouble) and it sounds kind of reminiscent of Amerikkkant and not in a good way. Nothing really interesting there, hopefully some of the album will surprise me, lyrically wise Al is still doing the same protest thing but it has none of the bite or effectivness. I will still give it a shot when it will release though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    Even in the space of a couple of years early on, the sound of Al’s output shifted wildly.
    I really like this track...

(especially the Chicago '82 live verison)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I am selling 1 ticket to the Chicago date of the upcoming Ministry tour. $40 and its yours. PM me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    There apparently is. Story goes on the Prongs boards that he reworked the entire thing, new vocals and all, and this is the result, done live 86-87, but the finished track never saw release....like many things from that period, it seems. A bunch of stuff still remains unheard.

Trax! Box is absolutely essential!

Al's apparently stated that he's got TWO Ministry records in the can, and just needs to finish vocals on the second one.
    With regards to unreleased stuff they recorded a whole album in 1998 but scrapped it apart from 1 track(Kaif) and then recorded and released Dark Side Of The Spoon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    You guys heard Search and Destroy. This is not the Ministry album I was expecting. Very different sound. Not sure how I feel about it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    You guys heard Search and Destroy. This is not the Ministry album I was expecting. Very different sound. Not sure how I feel about it.
    One song does not make an album... and compared with the "Good Trouble (Unity Mix)" posted on the last page, I don't see any issues with the up-coming album.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Everything Al has released post 2003 has been utter shit so I won't even bother with this new one. And I am someone who thinks Dark Side of the Spoon is a good album. Plus Al claiming half the songs are about climate change and black lives matter (a year too late Al) makes it sound like it will be about as cringe as the antifa song he did a few years back.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by use you up View Post
    With regards to unreleased stuff they recorded a whole album in 1998 but scrapped it apart from 1 track(Kaif) and then recorded and released Dark Side Of The Spoon.
    Yeah, I'd actually be really interested in hearing that, too. Kaif is one of my favorite mid-period Ministry tracks, and actually relatable to me as I push 40. "Where did the time go?"

Supposedly there's a whole other alternate version of Filth Pig, too!

As for the new Stooges cover...s'alright. I'm somewhat intrigued by what I've heard so far, but I really need to hear more of it before I plonk down (like I just did for an LP of Live 1986 to go along with my CD :P).

I doubt the new album will blow my mind, but if it's as listenable as Amerikkant, I can dig it. I'd say there's been a mild upswing from the later Bush years, Relapse and From Beer To Eternity to what we're hearing nowadays. Nothing great, but listenable.

Been wondering about the "other album" Al said he needed to finish vocals for. Kind of wondering whether that means he's doing what he did when he decided to put out "I'll Do Anything For You" a few years back and touching up old stuff - he totally re-recorded his vocals for that one. I wish he wouldn't take it quite so far, but I'll take what I can get.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Al addresses Search & Destroy here at 6:40. Looks like it was recorded as a one off and then got attached to this album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm hoping that over the next decade that Al and Paul finally put out some proper reissues of the Sire years,all the albums before Spoon need remastering and I bet there are loads of tracks/alt mixes in the vaults as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by use you up View Post
    I'm hoping that over the next decade that Al and Paul finally put out some proper reissues of the Sire years,all the albums before Spoon need remastering and I bet there are loads of tracks/alt mixes in the vaults as well.
    That would be great, but I doubt Al has to consult Paul at all to get any of those things done. Al's always been the boss since 1981.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I also doubt Paul wants to spend any of this time dealing with ministry lol

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    https://mailchi.mp/waxtrax.com/paul-barker-chris-connelly-free-show?e=9bdb35d02a
    Chris Connelly & Paul Barker to play show of just Ministry side project tracks

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    https://mailchi.mp/waxtrax.com/paul-barker-chris-connelly-free-show?e=9bdb35d02a
    Chris Connelly & Paul Barker to play show of just Ministry side project tracks
    I have been super busy with work as of late, but regardless, I thought you guys might want this (guess I was right...) AWESOME to hear these songs played live-ish for the first time!

(also why I missed out on the Echoplex Livestream, that footage looks sick!!)
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 09-23-2021 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Kinda awkard that two guys are doing this by themselves with no audience, but I'll take it. All those songs are very much a part of my life.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Mate. Kicking off with Rockabye too... not what I was expecting, but exactly what I'd want to see. Love these tracks. Thank you for sharing!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    That was awesome, would really love to see them do this in person. Chris needs to stop trying to talk with the echo mic though, can't understand a word he's saying between songs.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The upcoming Ministry tour has been postponed again. They originally moved my 2020 show to October 2021, now it's moved to March 2022.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    The upcoming Ministry tour has been postponed again. They originally moved my 2020 show to October 2021, now it's moved to March 2022.
    And the support has been changed to Melvins and Corrosion of Conformity. I really only like the Melvins out of that lineup, and I feel like the Ministry crowd would HATE them. Which makes me really want to go see that show.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Real glad i went ahead with a refund. This whole tour has been a shitshow from the start.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm glad I wasn't married to this tour or bought a ticket. Another delay and a change in the lineup watered it down for me. Shame.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Mate. Kicking off with Rockabye too... not what I was expecting, but exactly what I'd want to see. Love these tracks. Thank you for sharing!
    Can I see a set list anywhere? All links are broken for me.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orson thrust View Post
    Can I see a set list anywhere? All links are broken for me.
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/chris...-4b8dabe2.html

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    On the new album, the stretch of songs from Search and Destroy to We Shall Resist is fantastic

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This is their best album since the 90s for me. I can't believe I'm listening to a Ministry album in 2021 and not rolling my eyes at how shitty it is. Pandemic did wonders for Al it seems.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    One listen though, this certainly does not suck. I like how processed it feels at points - like good, lockstep, industrial processing. There's hints of Rape and Honey influence going on. Might be a big step up from Amerikkkant, which was just that to the prior few albums.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm just so sick of the political shit. It immediately dates the record and he's not saying anything profound. People who shape their personality around politics usually do so because they lack interesting qualities. I don't think that's Al. He's simply given up. It's boring.