Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50
Results 1,471 to 1,472 of 1472

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    This is Cleo we’re talking about... some other variant or a CD release must be around the corner. They’re shameless with their dribble out approach, which drives me nuts. I never would have bought Necronomicon (ugh, that name again) on the original vinyl if I’d known a CD release was planned.
    Well, that's common practice with a lot of labels. I used to think Cleo was a joke until the Trax Box came out, compiling virtually everything Al did on Wax Trax wrapped up in a nice little bow. I only recently acquired it and man is this thing legit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Well, that's common practice with a lot of labels. I used to think Cleo was a joke until the Trax Box came out, compiling virtually everything Al did on Wax Trax wrapped up in a nice little bow. I only recently acquired it and man is this thing legit.
    I hadn't personally witnessed something quite this egregious among the other labels whose output I track, but I'm not surprised to hear you've seen others do it.

I've always been torn between appreciating Cleo for bringing over a lot of great European EBM back in the day and being annoyed at their marketing choices (e.g., the chopped-up and hideously repackaged LeŠther Strip releases). The fact that they've provided an outlet for Al's archives is commendable, though...but it won't stop me from nitpicking