Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 1917

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For DSOTS they recorded 29 songs altogether and released 10,so that's 19 unreleased tracks from 97/98 no one has heard,I really hope these get released.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I would like to hear them, too…but based on the varied nature of Ministry b-sides, I would be a lot more interested if we’re talking songs like Paisley vs. sonic experiments like Fucked or TV Song derivatives.

Guess we’ll see - more optimistic on this front than at any point in the past, given the archival live releases and Clouser comments.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ministry Livestream this Sunday at 5pm cst!

https://www.hitkor.com/shows/ministr...trial-strength

Only $20 for the show plus an interview (I plan on archiving this too).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone watch the livestream? Any good/worth paying for assuming we can re-watch?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I was going to watch it (mainly b/c I wanted to rip the audio as a memento of the two shows I caught this year), but I spaced out - and now it appears the replay isn't available for purchase. WTF? I'd happily throw $20 at them, but now I'm just going to beg someone to lend me a hand...

Speaking of which...
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    (I plan on archiving this too).
    By chance did you end up grabbing it?
    Last edited by roolfdriht; 11-22-2022 at 02:15 AM. Reason: half-asleep drafting

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    I was going to watch it (mainly b/c I wanted to rip the audio as a memento of the two shows I caught this year), but I spaced out - and now it appears the replay isn't available for purchase. WTF? I'd happily throw $20 at them, but now I'm just going to beg someone to lend me a hand...

Speaking of which... By chance did you end up grabbing it?
    I have it.

The sound is good and from what I have heard so far Al isn't lip syncing!

I got you guys covered, I just need a couple days to make a copy, I'll get it out Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 11-22-2022 at 07:22 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ahhhh, that would be amazing - thank you so much in advance!!

Not sure what I might have that could be useful in trade, but if there's anything that comes to mind, just LMK!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just got an email that Ministry, Gary fucking Numan and FLA are playing here in SIOUX FALLS May 9th!!!!!! Holy shit!!!!

I might have to come out of retirement and tape this, my Deftones and Sepultura tapes I made in this venue sound great....

edit: I haven't forgot about the Livestream, been busy with work and life....
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 02-06-2023 at 11:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm definitely hitting the Cleveland show. Saw Gary Numan during the Savage tour and he was amazing. Saw Ministry at the Cleveland show and while I admit I wasn't a big fan of them at the time now I'm a rabid fan. Been listening to their catalog from the very beginning and finished reading Al's book. Currently on Animositisomina.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Damn, I really wish the full tour were hitting the NYC area rather than just Gary solo, but happy for those of you in farther-flung locales!

A Philly trek is quite tempting, but I've been extremely lucky to catch all three acts as headliners last year (plus bonus Ministry in Cleveland). As much as I love the idea of an all-killer, no-filler bill like this, it would mean a lot of repetition amid lots of other tours I want to catch...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    edit: I haven't forgot about the Livestream, been busy with work and life....
    Ha, no worries - totally know how that goes! As and when you get around to it would be awesome, but zero rush/pressure!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This is an awesome line up and I'm hyped my partner and I finally get to see Numan, she gets to see Ministry at least once and I finally get to some FLA....

But let's be real guys, the real show is going to be Skinny Puppy and Lead Into Gold... That kinda took some of the excitement from Ministry.

But fucking hell man, this venue, The District, sounds awesome and is very intimate. Last time I was here was a few months ago for a Steve O show. If their playing a different setlist or some deep cuts like We Believe I might have to tape. I never got a chance to use my new rig in this place and I totally forgot I also taped Primus and Insane Clown Posse at this place and with my old gear and all the tapes sound killer. I may be able to top the tape I made of Ministry opening for Slayer at the premier center but idk I rocked out on the rail last time I saw them last april (just like the first, way back in 2003!!) and it was glorious

great time to be an Industrial fan! Too bad Troz isn't out on the road.....
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 02-08-2023 at 10:44 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Bought tickets to the closest show to me. Need to brush up on my Ministry a bit before then, but I couldn't pass up the combo of them and Gary Numan.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Wow, nothing about the Ricky's Hand cover getting brought back after almost 40 years? Never thought id see this one, aside from some guitar parts, its pretty much the same as they way they played it back in the day.

This show was awesome! This venue sounds great, and is small and intimate! I never imagined Ministry would be back here again, much less at this place! I probably should have taped this, but meh I dont think ill beat my last tape of the band and I just rocked out and had a good time. Lots of friends at this show too since it was at my hometown.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 05-23-2023 at 11:37 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the Twelve Inch Singles that Cleopatra put out a few years ago is back with a few variants...

Twelve Inch Singles - Expanded Edition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm sure it will sound horrible lol

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Awful idea

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Nice, I'm on board for this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm all for it if it's done tastefully.

As already mentioned, they've been playing Ricky's Hand again, it's VERY close to how they used to play in 1984, just slightly toughened up.

I'm hopeful to hear these new versions. Revenge especially should sound awesome as a heavy song.
    Last edited by Senateguard33; 06-23-2023 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    they've been playing Ricky's Hand again, it's VERY close to how they used to play in 1984, just slightly toughened up.
    On the other hand, the acoustic version of Everyday Is Halloween was pretty bad, IMO.
    I don't see why it's necessary to rerecord already released songs. I think they have about an album worth of unreleased demos and live-only tracks from that era (like Ricky's Hand) that they should've work on instead, probably.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    On the other hand, the acoustic version of Everyday Is Halloween was pretty bad, IMO.
    I don't see why it's necessary to rerecord already released songs. I think they have about an album worth of unreleased demos and live-only tracks from that era (like Ricky's Hand) that they should've work on instead, probably.
    I think we'll see those songs released in some sort of configuration. I'm always more excited for unreleased stuff. The 80s demos/live cuts are pure gold.

I'm just glad that Al is giving this era a little more attention.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Can’t wait to see all the great merch derived from that cover art…

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    We're in the facepalm era I guess

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Feeling heavy Relapse/From Beer... vibes from the new track. Sigh.

Guess it's time for an annual Prongs visit to read some fresh (and often funny) bashing.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Wow, nothing about the Ricky's Hand cover getting brought back after almost 40 years? Never thought id see this one, aside from some guitar parts, its pretty much the same as they way they played it back in the day.

Just how much of those vocals are pure playback? jfc. At 4:02 I just lost it...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    wow, that cover art is awful!

The song is plain "ok", nothing we haven't heard before...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Neil Young has the 1994 Bridge School concert - both nights - up on his site and this is the one with Ministry doing "Lay Lady Lay" and a really good "Friend of the Devil". $9.99 will get you a rental.

I know there was talk of soundboard releases but I can't find them on his website.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Neil Young has the 1994 Bridge School concert - both nights - up on his site and this is the one with Ministry doing "Lay Lady Lay" and a really good "Friend of the Devil". $9.99 will get you a rental.

I know there was talk of soundboard releases but I can't find them on his website.
    There are soundboard releases available on streaming/digital for "Paisley" and "Here They Come" (The Bridge Collection: The Bridge School Concerts) and "Friend of the Devil" (The Bridge Concerts).

I'm not sure which tracks are from which night.