Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64
Results 1,891 to 1,917 of 1917

Thread: Ministry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Probably the shittiest album aside From Beer To Eternity and/or Relapse.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Probably the shittiest album aside From Beer To Eternity and/or Relapse.
    I think Al is more than a little "touched" from all the drugs back in the day. I have a friend about same age who is barely coherent now from too much fun back in the day. They really shouldn't let him (my friend) drive any more.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Did everyone else want to hear an over-the-top cookie monster cover of Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) as much as I didn't?

Wait no more: https://cleopatrarecords.bandcamp.co...marilyn-manson

I don't even know what's worse - the actual content of this album, or its subject matter

edit: I didn't realize this cover was actually out years ago, originally from the 2011 album (sigh) Very Best Of Fixes & Remixes

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Just sitting here appreciating that the Ultimate Rarest Trax compilation has the Shasta commercial as a hidden track tacked onto the end, and ignoring the new album.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Just sitting here appreciating that the Ultimate Rarest Trax compilation has the Shasta commercial as a hidden track tacked onto the end, and ignoring the new album.
    Just sitting here listening to "Twich", and ignoring the new album.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I never thought in a million years that the Shasta Commercial would ever get released on an official Ministry album, lol.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Video from Cruel World's set. Only With Sympathy and Twitch tracks with Charlie Clouser on keyboards too!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Holy shit, this is awesome! Loved the new version of "Effigy (I'm Not An)"

EDIT: Just read the Rolling Stone interview , it's a great insight on why he decided to rehash these songs and to do a final album with Paul; sadly it seems he might be having health issues:

I’m not divulging my medical records, so there might be underlying reasons why it’s also time to go. I’ll just put it at that...
    Yeah, that's not cool, but i'm happy he's reliving his past coming full circle.
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-12-2024 at 03:24 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    It’s pretty rare that I’m bummed i missed a festival performance. But this one bummed me out. Looks so rad.

Shoulda had them play at night tho. Come on, these daylight performances aren’t helping anyone…at a goth show…

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This is absolutely awesome, hopefully Al tours this shit.

Did anyone get an AUD from the performance?

edit: Watched all the videos, looks like everybody is having a blast. All Day nearly made me cry, thanks guys.

and I totally want to be Charlie during Over the Shoulder. Dude looks like he is having the time of his life up there.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 05-12-2024 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I thought the Twitch sounded great, and about 2/3rds of the With Sympathy stuff was cool ... I really don't like the new arrangement for Effigy, but it's neat to hear the rest of those songs.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    any one got a lossless on this tape? (its an AUD)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    any one got a lossless on this tape? (its an AUD)

there are 2 sources on dime.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Would love to have an audio rip of this as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Ministry 1982-1992: awesome

Ministry post-1992: fucking awful
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    And he was good at sucking cock. Kinda weird for tough guy Al to even say that, fact or fiction
    In FIX, David Yow claims that he and Gibby Haynes used to blow men for money at a bus station in Toledo and taught Al everything he knows about "penis suckery" and how he's much more money from it than they have. I suspect that was probably a joke of some kind about their respective successes (or lack thereof) in the music industry, though.

Either way, FIX also shows Al kissing David Yow and Paul Barker at different points. Between that and the way Chris Connelly described him doting over Ogre in his memoir, well... Though it is surprising that Al admitted to it, given the audience he's trying to cater to these days.
    Last edited by Stateira; 08-14-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A tip for drummers: as long as you leave your drumsticks visible on the dash you are allowed to park in handicap
    Did you hear about the drummer that locked his keys in his car and had to call AAA to come get his bass player out
    Al's a master of subtly airing his grudges.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I've liked Filth Pig ever since its release. And Psalm 69 is probably my least favorite album he did before he started going off the rails with Dark Side of the Spoon.

Psalm 69 has the three 'hits' they're known for, but I think it's one of his most thoroughly boring albums to date.
    It's definitely not their best album as everyone pens but a majority of it is solid. TV II, N.W.O. and the title track are solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I love scarecrow and jesus built my hotrod but otherwise I don't see the big fuss with psalm 69, beginning of the boring metal phase.
    I've probably stated it in here before but I can't Stand Jesus Builty my Hotrod. Such an awful song and it's sad to see that one as their "crowning" moment in the mainstream airwaves. I love the spoken word intro but after that pffffffffffffffftttttttttttt. Hate it.