Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57
Results 1,681 to 1,693 of 1693

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Bill Leeb got lit the fuck up on fb the other day when he came out as anti vax and was telling people not to get the covid vax because the government is evil and lies lies lies....Then he deleted the post when people started putting him on blast......Sin is still in the band and Al's bff. Hes going nowhere.....

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    Surely everyone knows the real reason??

He bailed because of the allegations against Sin Q and Al refused to even address said allegations.
    Do you actually know that's the reason or are you just assuming? The thought crossed my mind that maybe that was the reason but I don't remember ever seeing any actual evidence of that. I do remember Chris completely deleting his FB and ig around the time it was announced he wouldn't be part of the tour. Thought that was odd.

Mentioned
    471 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    Surely everyone knows the real reason??

He bailed because of the allegations against Sin Q and Al refused to even address said allegations.
    I'm hearing it actually has to do with Visa issues, and while that's general and vague, it usually means something with drugs.

But who knows. All I know is back before everything got postponed, the "truth was out there" about Sin.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I have a rip of it. You can get super clean Paul Barker bass tracks out of the 5.1 mix. If you (and anyone else) wants it, you can PM me
    Oh, also, it has some super-rare footage of Al with his hair dyed red. That's worth the price of admission alone. I can pack that along with the mix as well!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Sin is still in the band and Al's bff. Hes going nowhere.....
    I wouldn't be surprised about this, but how do you know that? I haven't seen anything about it anywhere one way or another.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Do you actually know that's the reason or are you just assuming? The thought crossed my mind that maybe that was the reason but I don't remember ever seeing any actual evidence of that. I do remember Chris completely deleting his FB and ig around the time it was announced he wouldn't be part of the tour. Thought that was odd.

I just don't believe in coincidences. His original tweet states unforeseen circumstances but the timing was too good to be anything other than Sin related. All this noise was around Jan 2020, so deets are a bit hazy...but I remember some noise pertaining to Lucia from KMFDM and her not standing against Sin's alleged behaviour. I don't believe cancel culture is right but investigations should happen and Al should have said something.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    I hope Al brings back Tommy Victor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Al needs to bring Paul Barker back.......I would suggest Marty Atkins but a lot of his fb posts suggest he has fallen off the wagon numerous times in the last year or 2 so touring w Ministry may not be the best thing for ol Atkins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Al needs to bring Paul Barker back.......I would suggest Marty Atkins but a lot of his fb posts suggest he has fallen off the wagon numerous times in the last year or 2 so touring w Ministry may not be the best thing for ol Atkins

And besides that, I'd imagine it would be pretty brutal to drum for Ministry at his age.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    There was a theory Connolly dropped out of the tour because of the accusations against Sin. That probably wasn't the real reason he left, but man if it was I would be so happy if he was gonna be part of it again.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Dont think this will ever happen. During the WaxTrax RSD show in 2019 I had the chance to chat with Barker and asked him if he had any plans to join the band on stage that night. He looked right at me and said "there is no way I will get on stage with them tonight or any time in the future." It kinda caught me off guard and our conversation ended on that note

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ministry more or less descended into self-parody ever since Barker left the band and I have a feeling Paul's pretty aware of that. Gone was the musical progression or the feeling that each album sounded different than the last; gone was the interesting artwork and dark sense of humor... gone were the interesting, caustic, thought-provoking, and sometimes humorous/self-deprecating lyrics. Since around '04 or so it's just been a lot of stupid puns, cheeseball lyricism, horrid album covers [https://f4.bcbits.com/img/a1655146305_10.jpg / https://mediacdn.aent-m.com/prod-img...26-2546838.jpg / https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1386_.jpg / https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....._SL1500_.jpg], and cookie monster vocals.

Barker's continued to release interesting work over the years under various names while it seems Al's more or less stagnated artistically [this recent trend of primarily playing older material certainly doesn't make on think otherwise]. Would it be amazing if they somehow ended up making another record or at least something together? Of course it would be! I think Paul helped give Al a lot of focus musically that really seems to be sorely lacking in his absence; likewise, I think he helped propel the project forward. But yeah, the likelihood is pretty damn slim so it seems. Al even stated in a recent interview that he has "no desire to revisit those years" which honestly is a shame but what can you do? [https://www.kerrang.com/features/id-...cent-records/]

Looks like Paul's playing this year's Cold Waves festival under his own name and with Chris Connelly as "Luxapan" which should be pretty cool [http://coldwaves.net/] Last I spoke with Paul in 2019 at one his MinDub Soundsystem performances, he said he was planning on putting out a record under his own name so it'll be exciting to see what comes up later in the year.

**Just to clarify Ministry [and pretty much all associated side projects] has been one of my favorite bands/artists for like half of my life so this all comes from a place of compassion/concern for the work and not hate or dismissiveness.