Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56
Results 1,651 to 1,670 of 1670

Thread: Ministry

  1. #1651
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sparkwood and 21
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    And another.


  2. #1652
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A place both wonderful and strange
    Posts
    2,571
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    The holder of that account claims to be sitting on the whole show, which includes a performance of "Do You Even Like It?" of which no good recordings have surfaced, and it drives me nuts

  3. #1653
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,248
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)


    *listens to it again*

  4. #1654
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,248
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

  5. #1655
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    2,240
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I see two empty posts there. Broken embed I guess

  6. #1656
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,862
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I see two empty posts there. Broken embed I guess
    Working for me. Looks like you’re in the UK- regional thing, perhaps?...

  7. #1657
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10,212
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I see two empty posts there. Broken embed I guess
    try hitting refresh. sometimes twitter embeds behave oddly on the forum.

  8. #1658
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    336
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    The holder of that account claims to be sitting on the whole show, which includes a performance of "Do You Even Like It?" of which no good recordings have surfaced, and it drives me nuts
    I've been periodically nudging him. Last I heard he was holding until after Industrial Accident was released...and here we are.

    Those videos definitely have the best sound quality so far any of the 84 live recordings.

    In the meantime, here's a Twitch outtake that just got released, which leaves about a dozen songs (pre-Twitch) in the unreleased status.


  9. #1659
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    1,181
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Great fucking song. Makes you remember how good Al used to be before drugs fried his brain

  10. #1660
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,649
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Has the rest of that "Lost Mixes" release been posted yet? I just see Playground above:

    https://ministryband.bandcamp.com/al...the-lost-mixes

  11. #1661
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Playground is indeed fucking awesome, hit's me at the right time since i've been on a recent early Ministry kick. Buying this for sure.

    Any reason why the likes of Twitch, Land and Mind etc have not been remastered yet?

  12. #1662
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Playground is indeed fucking awesome, hit's me at the right time since i've been on a recent early Ministry kick. Buying this for sure.

    Any reason why the likes of Twitch, Land and Mind etc have not been remastered yet?
    My guess is probably rights issues getting cleared or maybe finding the masters to make remasters.

  13. #1663
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    336
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Has the rest of that "Lost Mixes" release been posted yet? I just see Playground above:

    https://ministryband.bandcamp.com/al...the-lost-mixes
    That's just the highlighted track, if you use the back/forward buttons you can hear the rest of the songs. If you buy the digital album it will come with all 4 songs.

  14. #1664
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    336
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Playground is indeed fucking awesome, hit's me at the right time since i've been on a recent early Ministry kick. Buying this for sure.

    Any reason why the likes of Twitch, Land and Mind etc have not been remastered yet?
    Probably because Sire doesn't want to invest in it.

    Maybe Cleo will work out a licensing deal. Would love to see remasters and unreleased stuff from that era.

    There's a second version of The Angel that has a LORAH type sound, that still has yet to see the light of day.

  15. #1665
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,649
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Just stumbled across this Big Sexy Land 2LP reissue from Poland. Seems odd it was only released in Poland, but I had to jump on it as I've been looking around for a nice copy of this forever. Plus it includes all the b-sides and remixes from the CD release. My first thought was bootleg, but I checked the discogs listing and they explicitly state it is was officially licensed by Cleopatra.
    Last edited by imail724; 12-21-2020 at 09:21 AM.

  16. #1666
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    336
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Just stumbled across this Big Sexy Land 2LP reissue from Poland. Seems odd it was only released in Poland, but I had to jump on it as I've been looking around for a nice copy of this forever. Plus it includes all the b-sides and remixes from the CD release. My first thought was bootleg, but I checked the discogs listing and they explicitly state it is was officially licensed by Cleopatra.
    Yep, 100% official. Mechanica/Cleo also put out releases for the Acid Horse 12" and the Pailhead EP. All are fantastic sounding and well put together. Not sure why they're Poland only though.

  17. #1667
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,649
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    Yep, 100% official. Mechanica/Cleo also put out releases for the Acid Horse 12" and the Pailhead EP. All are fantastic sounding and well put together. Not sure why they're Poland only though.
    Yeah I thought about grabbing that Pailhead too. Maybe down the line I'll scoop it up.

  18. #1668
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,649
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

  19. #1669
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,248
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

  20. #1670
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    3,580
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    ^^
    Wait, he answers like 5 simple questions there that the "story we WANT to read"? Talk about clickbait titles

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions