Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1905

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Wow I'm late to the party on this one!

edit: this got me thinking, does anybody have the link to the Wendy's commercial from a few years ago that was obviously inspired by Work For Love?
    I often find myself returning to that Shasta commercial as well. It actually reminds me as to why I sometimes prefer Al to sing more than scream. I also like how hearing "So So Cola" instantly reminded me of So So Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I also missed this due to skipping to the latest page a lot, but it also reminded me of Walk in the Park.

It just makes me wonder how his older material would sound with industrial metal/rock mixed into it. And as far as 1980s and 1990s Ministry go, I just find myself listening to With Sympathy, Twitch, Filth Pig and Dark Side of the Spoon the most. I think it's also because I actually kept listening to The Land of Rape and Honey, The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste, Psalm 69, Houses of the Mole, Rio Grande Blood and The Last Sucker non-stop when I became a fan during the second half of the 2000s. This could also be why I still wished there would be more songs from anything but those 6 albums, even in spite of how they're still easily among my favorites.

I still somehow found Relapse and From Beer to Eternity to be fun listens though.

Every Day is Halloween and What's Wrong With Me? (Although that's a Buck Satan and the 666 Shooters song.) also seem to get more relatable with age. But that's also just me talking.

Speaking of which, I think that's also what has drawn me to Filth Pig and Dark Side of the Spoon, as I find them to be very relatable albums.

(Some of the Bush Trilogy stuff is better than I remember too, like Let's Go? Damn that's a burner!)
    A storm's a brewing! (It seemed like a good chance to post this too.)

But for real. As a matter of fact, I always liked The Bush Trilogy, but I still agree that Ministry's set-lists are obviously/clearly so much better with more songs from outside of it as well. For some reason though, I actually found myself listening to Houses of the Mole and The Last Sucker more than Rio Grande Blood though, but then again, I also really enjoy Ass Clown and Khyber Pass.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 07-29-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So... there's this...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I just can't anymore...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    come on, hasselhoff + ministry has to be good

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    come on, hasselhoff + ministry has to be good
    There is a proven track record of Ministry(and co-conspirators) doin' pretty good covers, so in that sense, I am curious.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'm so thankful and happy to know that Al is finally coming to terms with With Sympathy. Albeit extremely at a gradual pace, but it's perhaps much better than having him loathe it and trash it more and more, decade by decade. Sometimes I also like to imagine how it would've turned out for Ministry if they also have the chance to perform at Woodstock 1994 without Al disowning With Sympathy. It's quite fun, at least to me imaging how the set-list could've gone, with Ministry beefing up With Sympathy and Twitch songs alongside The Land of Rape and Honey, The Mind is a Terrible Terrible Thing to Taste and Psalm 69.

And as I've mentioned numerous times by now, I sometimes still can't get enough of With Sympathy, so it's a pleasant surprise every time I come across a review of it.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 08-19-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Ministry in 81-82 (pre-WS) was raw and energetic. in fact some of it doesn't sound too dissimilar tempo and aggression wise from stuff he'd do 5 or 6 years later. so much synth awesomeness in this. even political lyrics that he's known for show up here.
    Last edited by versusreality; 08-19-2019 at 05:07 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    If only Ministry would perform America live again, especially after putting out an album that has AmeriKKKant as its title.

It also seems like Just Like You and We Believe have also become even more relevant than before.

Anyway, I also wanted to say that I still think that it's pretty cool to see lots of early Ministry fans here. In real life, I think most fans I've met and seen were mostly fans of everything 1988 and up, or were also far more fixated with the post-Paul Barker eras.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    oh, I love the track America!! again, it just shows how his lyrics have always been politically conscious. it's so weird when I see comments on youtube saying "I'm not a fan of him anymore, how dare he bash Trump" and I'm like.."but he's been saying this type of stuff since 1981!!"

I have been on a big 84-87 period lately. Listened to Twitch/Live Toronto 86 a lot the past few days and was thinking the same thing..Just Like You, We Believe, Over the Shoulder, Isle of Man...more relevant now than ever! I recall having a conversation with Trent some years ago and he was saying Twitch was his favorite.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Al disavowing anything pre Twitch is idiotic. All that material is awesome.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    So the Chicago 1982 LP from the Trax Box just got an extended CD re-release as Chicago/Detroit 1982. A few new performances on there. According to the folks on Prongs, those last few tracks might be a little off pitch-wise.

I love "Le Stupide".

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 09-28-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    According to the folks on Prongs, those last few tracks might be a little off pitch-wise.
    Slight update is that that's from one of the old band members from that period who posts there. So the speed and pitch of the Detroit show is supposedly off "a half-semitone sharp and too fast by about 4%". I ran said tracks through Audacity's Change Speed function (which accounts for pitch as well), and they sound way better as a result. PM me if want

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed how All Day turned out to be back in 1984. Dare I say, I even like this more than it turned out to be in 1986/1987.

And I finally came across Toronto 1986, and Just Like You and Over The Shoulder also sounded so much better than I expected them to be. I enjoyed it so much, that I'd actually switch between Toronto 1986 and In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up.

I was also pleasantly reminded and surprised that We Believe was actually performed in 2003.

All of this is actually making me miss the Piss Army forums, with Ministry fans being Pissants or whatnot, even if I never joined. And even if I was never around for it, in spite of how much I enjoyed 1990s and 2000s Ministry, I just can't and won't ever let go of 1980s Ministry.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Damn Al, it's about time!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/minis...-739daaad.html

I'm still salty about the lack of SUPERNAUT at Riotfest tho!!!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Damn Al, it's about time!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/minis...-739daaad.html

I'm still salty about the lack of SUPERNAUT at Riotfest tho!!!
    Oh shit! I thought these kinds of sets were just for that little Industrial Accident tour! Hope he keeps it like this for the upcoming Slayer tour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Uncle Al's Halloween treat:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice video and great song, but there’s definitely some cheese mixed in there. Al frantically playing around with the sound board controls and the lighter part. Perhaps the biggest lol moment is Al having to read the lyrics. This song has been in existence for about 35 years and Al still doesn’t know the words. I bet 95% of his concert going fans can sing this without a lyric sheet.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kas23 View Post
    Nice video and great song, but there’s definitely some cheese mixed in there. Al frantically playing around with the sound board controls and the lighter part. Perhaps the biggest lol moment is Al having to read the lyrics. This song has been in existence for about 35 years and Al still doesn’t know the words. I bet 95% of his concert going fans can sing this without a lyric sheet.
    I was on the rail for Ministry at the Rave Eagles Ballroom in 2003 and not only was everyone around me singing along with EVERY song (myself included), but we were shouting along with the damned SAMPLES too! Fucking awesome I can't believe they played Breathe!

edit: who else is seeing them with Slayer this month? Fucking hyped Al better bring the classics!
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 11-02-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    edit: who else is seeing them with Slayer this month? Fucking hyped Al better bring the classics!
    Ill be at the NYC show. Unfortunately it looks like both Ministry and Primus will be doing less than an hour each

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I haven't seen Burning Inside or Missing/Deity so I'm happy

edit: so is Primus from the looks of it.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/primu...-739d0eb5.html

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I haven't seen Burning Inside or Missing/Deity so I'm happy

edit: so is Primus from the looks of it.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/primu...-739d0eb5.html
    Primus has been teasing Nutbutter a bunch lately but haven't played it in full in forever. I'm praying this setlist is accurate and I'll finally get to hear it in full next week

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Gonna see them tonight!
    Those setlists for all the bands are fucking phenomenal it's gonna be a good time tonight!
    I'm wondering what the tour poster looks like I might snag one along with some merch if they're available after the show ends.
    VIP'ers get first dibs at the merch table but I ain't gonna pay $300 to see slayer with no guarantee of meeting Al or the others on top of paying for merch.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I plan on seeing them here in town on the 19th. It's an off-day without Slayer, Primus or Phil so I wonder what kinda set they'll pull out.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    I plan on seeing them here in town on the 19th. It's an off-day without Slayer, Primus or Phil so I wonder what kinda set they'll pull out.

You won't be disappointed.
    Even though their set is short it's the best setlist they've played in years imo.

Pics from last nights show including some of the merch.
    I got a few videos too but I might upload them to YouTube seeing as I just learned that imgur doesn't have sound in the two videos I accidentally uploaded.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/m7qcS03

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Pics from last nights show including some of the merch.
    I got a few videos too but I might upload them to YouTube seeing as I just learned that imgur doesn't have sound in the two videos I accidentally uploaded.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/m7qcS03
    they selling any show specific or full tour prints/posters? Doubtful but I had to ask.