Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1909

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Well I'm excited to hear the Fad Gadget cover. Love me some Fad Gadget.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Well I'm excited to hear the Fad Gadget cover. Love me some Fad Gadget.
    IIRC I have a tape of Ministry where they play Ricky's Hand (it's not that show)

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Original Tool bassist Paul D'amour is in Ministry now. Pretty cool I guess, but it's the wrong Paul.

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/mi...st-paul-damour
    Awesome, I love how him and Maynard used to go back and forth during shows.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Damn why can't we get Ministry/3TEETH here in the states? Too sweet!

https://store.ministryband.com/produ...23287569481786

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just compared the 1990 reissued CD to the 2014 reissues vinyl of "Twitch"... the vinyl sounds so much more textured and rich compared to the CD. So glad I trusted my instinct+experience (generally, electronic music from the 1980s sounds better on vinyl, even the original scarcity thin 1980s vinyl, than the 1980s CD version of the same album, probably the same for all genres but this is one I can talk about) and picked it up to give it a shot.

(partially picked up also because of Al's talking about it in the WaxTrax "Industrial Accident" documentary)
    Last edited by MrLobster; 06-06-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Just compared the 1990 reissued CD to the 2014 reissues vinyl ... the vinyl sounds so much more textured and rich compared to the CD. So glad I trusted my instinct+experience (generally, electronic music from the 1980s sounds better on vinyl, even the original scarcity thin 1980s vinyl, than the 1980s CD version of the same album, probably the same for all genres but this is one I can talk about) and picked it up to give it a shot.
    What album are you talking about?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    What album are you talking about?
    Well, I suppose that's fair. Twitch. Now excuse me while I edit that post.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Well, I suppose that's fair. Twitch. Now excuse me while I edit that post.
    Ooh, good to know, that one's been on my list for a while but I still haven't picked it up yet. TMIATTTT and LORAH both sound great though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Ooh, good to know, that one's been on my list for a while but I still haven't picked it up yet. TMIATTTT and LORAH both sound great though.
    Totally agreed on those two (have originals... but tempted to picked up the MOV recent ones) . I was actually surprised that Filth Pig (2014 vinyl reissue) sounded so good on vinyl. Opens it up a bit more, lets you get into the grunge of it (or as I put it to another friend, Filth Pig is the album at the back of the bus after ΚΕΦΑΛΗΞΘ was performed on-stage).

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    New All Day recording. Love Al's wardrobe!

Also, I just found out this existed:

Last edited by Shadaloo; 06-14-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    *purchased*

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    doesn't Al listen to this stuff and think, dang i used to be so much more interesting...?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    doesn't Al listen to this stuff and think, dang i used to be so much more interesting...?
    Another indication that he's completely bananas.

Just so frustrating, he used to be amazing. Then the metal happened.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The bit in the Wax Trax! doc about that concert and recording are interesting...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    FYI, my RevCo order shipped already. Guess they decided to get them all pressed up and ready to go before putting them up for sale. Also, the listing says they are limited, but doesn't say how limited like some of their other listings say.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Holy shit I don't even know what to say, this is playing here in Sioux falls?? Un fucking real....
    https://www.theprp.com/2019/07/09/ne...farewell-tour/

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That's fucking nuts! Not sure how good ministry will be. The rest will be insane though. Might have to go.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Wow I'm late to the party on this one!

edit: this got me thinking, does anybody have the link to the Wendy's commercial from a few years ago that was obviously inspired by Work For Love?
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 07-13-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    edit: this got me thinking, does anybody have the link to the Wendy's commercial from a few years ago that was obviously inspired by Work For Love?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    WORK!!! First time ever seeing that one. Almost spot on. Surprised I missed that one.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    WORK!!! First time ever seeing that one. Almost spot on. Surprised I missed that one.
    Hey i missed the Shasta commercial, and that's awesome.

But I've been wondering what they will be playing on the Slayer tour. Hopefully keeping it old school,. missing/diety and burning inside. I saw them in 2003 and they were thankfully playing the classics still (BREATHE AND STIGMATA FTW)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Hey i missed the Shasta commercial, and that's awesome.

But I've been wondering what they will be playing on the Slayer tour. Hopefully keeping it old school,. missing/diety and burning inside. I saw them in 2003 and they were thankfully playing the classics still (BREATHE AND STIGMATA FTW)
    Yeah I don't know. I'll be there so I'm hoping they play the classics, but I can't help but feel the post-Barker stuff would be more fitting for a Slayer crowd.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Yeah I don't know. I'll be there so I'm hoping they play the classics, but I can't help but feel the post-Barker stuff would be more fitting for a Slayer crowd.

Your probably right but I'm still gonna be hopeful.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I’m happy if they just play the Rio Grande Blood material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I've often wondered about the reception Filth Pig got from fans that were around at the time, which is why I was pleasantly surprised when I found this video upon searching Ministry on YouTube. I have often speculated that for some or even many fans at the time, that Filth Pig was an enormous disappointment after Psalm 69.

As for me, it immediately became one of my favorite Ministry albums, right up there with Dark Side of the Spoon, which I also would've liked to have been included in the reviewed. I've always thought that they were underrated and actually still wish that there were more songs from Filth Pig and Dark Side of the Spoon performed in their set-lists. Anyway, I just figured that it would be worth checking out for any Ministry/Filth Pig fans out there.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's one of my favorites for sure. I think it suffered mainly because it wasn't what people wanted or expected, another Psalm 69. Filth Pig might be to Ministry what Adore is to Smashing Pumpkins. Albums that weren't fully appreciated until much later.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wow they added a show in Flint, MI on an off night during the Slayer tour. Too bad Primus won't be with them too.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    the production on Filth Pig is breathtaking, such a big sound, hard powerful doomy vibe, quite experimental and weird. blew me away when i first heard it, scary music without trying too hard, Filth Pig is the opposite of Psalm 69.

i liked Dark side of the Spoon too, not as good but almost, Ministry for me died after Paul Barker left.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Filth Pig was a tough pill to swallow for me, all right. I was a "Psalm 69-and-before" fan, but something kept pulling me back to Filth Pig. Once it hit me... bam. It's one of my fave Ministry albums. One of their bravest, most offensive albums. A million George Bush, Sr. samples cannot simply compare with the simplicity of the scorching riffs and bass lines on that album.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    dark spoon and animositisomina were largely barker productions. Al was so out of it at this point. that being said, they are two of my faves. everyone loves to act like animositisomina didn't exist, but its so good! its like a heavy lead into gold record imo.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ive been converting my CDs to digital and I just listened to Filth Pig and Animositisomina for the first time in awhile and I was taken aback by how raw and visceral they both sound.

(Some of the Bush Trilogy stuff is better than I remember too, like Let's Go? Damn that's a burner!)