Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Dysentary in Paris, eh? I thought Al was just trashed and exhausted. Ok, whatever....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    So the last track on the last album is a Depeche Mode cover?? Please don't.
    Ironically funny because after this album I'll enjoy the silence of no more Ministry albums.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Ministry

Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Dysentary in Paris, eh? I thought Al was just trashed and exhausted. Ok, whatever....
    Must be an odd form. Because there was a video floating around with his wife bribing him with wine to get on the tour bus. So yeah, it had to have been dysentery, without a doubt.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Pirate approach? Steralize the body with booze?

But seriously, you can still find pix from this show online, and Al is waaaaaaaaassssssted

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I believe that he was dehydrated. Drinking booze and no water could do that to a fella.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't really have any expectations about that album but the thing that they are using a live drummer on this one sounds like a good thing. We don't have to be hearing the same drum machine again that has been on Last Sucker and Relapse Relapse to me was quite a dissapointment but there were some good tunes on it. For example 99 Percenters isn't as bad as everyone is saying. It didn't work that well live though; the riff was played somehow different and the drummer was playing the beat to a floortom instead of cymbals. Didn't sound so good. And Al was lazy to sing the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 part completely.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

This looks like it might be a lower gen then the version that has been out there for years. Thoughts?

This guy has a shit-ton of Ministry videos from all eras, check em out.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 04-13-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kind of puts things into perspective when he legit looks older than his dad.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm not going to lie, I LOL'd at this photo.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Ministry

Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post

This looks like it might be a lower gen then the version that has been out there for years. Thoughts?

This guy has a shit-ton of Ministry videos from all eras, check em out.
    Man, going from the show in July of '83 to December of '84, you see a HUGE transformation with the band's appearance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Amid all the excitement about NIN's new song being released in this very day, I just found out that this radio show called Awkward, from Los Angeles' TradioV ( http://tradiov.com/la/videoscategory/awkward/ ), is claiming on twitter that they'll debut a new Ministry song today too.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Meh. Just listen to Relapse. Same thing probably.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So according to that same guy on twitter, they premiered a new song called Permawar. I don't know why I even care, but did anyone catch it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone heard it yet?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Was listening to the Flowering Blight and came across this, missed this B side on the Lay Lady Lay single from Filth Pig era.
    Like the type of heavy atmosphere of this period.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Lol, i knew what song you were talking about before the youtube video loaded, and was going to comment that mine is on my copy of Escape fron LA. But yeah, Paisley is a killer track! The live versions from the Bridge School Benifit are sweet too, and id reccomend getting them if you havent already.

But what I really want to know, is where can I find this new track?!? People over on prongs are talking about it already and im not having any luck thru the regular channels.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    For anyone that was interested/curious as to what new material from the band sounded like...here's a video of a photoshoot with what I BELIEVE is a new track on it...?

Sounds like the same Ministry record that's been coming out a decade now.

also...lololololol

Last edited by thefragile_jake; 06-30-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    EVEN MORE LULZ

This EPK for the new live DVD has some unintentional hilarious quotes in it...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Well that songs not so bad, actual real drums for once and a nice mid-tempo. I still dont get the cookie monster vocals though, I mean look at the last 3 albums with Paul, Al can clearly sing and dint have a problem coming up with different vocal styles and effects.

And i think the goth floozies are compleatly unnecessary, this isnt a Cradle of Filth album. Isnt this getting distrubited by Cleopatra though? They have a track record for crap like this.

Anyways, im sure there will be at least 4 or 5 good tracks on this one. Seems to be about the par since 2004ish.

Hell, all i can think of are No W, Lieslieslies, The Great Satan and Lets Go. So maybe not so much

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Ministry 1982-1992: awesome

Ministry post-1992: fucking awful
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    also...lololololol

oh my sweet dear lord what even is this

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This recent two covers ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOO fucking badly done and generic metal it's not even funny. This one is photoshopped to hell and back that a lot of the actual people in it look fake as hell.

I stopped liking the band after The Last Sucker. He should've quit when he intended to then. Relapse was garbage and this will be too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    If you'd say 2003 instead of 1992, then yes.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I wish Paul Barker had more solo albums, or albums that feature him on lead vocals. Anyone know anyway to follow what he's been up to lately? A twitter or facebook or anything? Would kill for a follow-up Flowering Blight album.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think conventional wisdom holds that Filth Pig is either the last good album or the first bad one. 92 is too early and 2003 is far too late (animositisomina is not a classic album and neither is dark side or houses). For the record I think Filth Pig > Psalm 69. Psalm has some great tracks but it was the beginning of that moronic industrial metal sound that polluted the airwaves and eventually rendered ministry redundant

That is a pretty godawful album cover... say no more!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Personally, I love Filth Pig and Spoon. Infact, I can say I enjoy Filth Pig more than Psalm 69. Animositisomia is a decent album, nothing mind blowing, but it what it intended to do (a more straight forward follow up).

As for Barker. He pops up every now and then. Plays with the Cocks on special occasions. That's about it. I'd love to hear another album from him though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I think conventional wisdom holds that Filth Pig is either the last good album or the first bad one. 92 is too early and 2003 is far too late (animositisomina is not a classic album and neither is dark side or houses). For the record I think Filth Pig > Psalm 69. Psalm has some great tracks but it was the beginning of that moronic industrial metal sound that polluted the airwaves and eventually rendered ministry redundant

That is a pretty godawful album cover... say no more!
    Yeah, you do realize Ministry had been an industrial metal band at that point since 1988?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I said it was the beginning of that moronic industrial metal sound, not the beginning of their phase as an industrial metal band. Ministry ended up sounding like the cheap bands ripping off their sound (that shitty downtuned throaty vocals knockoff ministry/white zombie sound)

Psalm 69 saw the formula they would doggedly stick to post 2003 well & truly established. Earlier stuff like "Stigmata" and "So What" is very different, the thrash influence isn't so pronounced on those 2 albums, but later it comes to dominate.

The last few albums really feel like they have the bonehead industrial metal anthem well and truly set in stone as their approach. You really wouldn't get something like "land of rape and honey" or "cannibal song" because they have slipped into a corner of the subgenre that doesn't require you to try anything new

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    1988-1990 was easily Al's golden year. Just about everything he touched was golden (1000 Homo DJs, Pailhead, Cocks). So much amazing stufd came from that camp (al, barker, Connelly and rieflin).

And I'd hardly consider FP the beginning of the end. Commercially, yes. I can't blame the guy for not wanting to repeat himself by doing another Psalm 69. Unfortunately, that's what he does now...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Anyone planning on reading Al's book? If so, please tell us all if it is worth it. Thanks!