Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    The best part of the last episode was the compete lack of sound while the credits rolled. That amplified the hell out of the "WTF!?"
    I agree. It had great effect. I sat and watched them completely roll with my jaw dropped.
    Last edited by BrokenSpiral; 06-05-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Has the show been faithful enough to the books that I could start on A Storm of Swords and be OK, or should I start from the very beginning?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Has the show been faithful enough to the books that I could start on A Storm of Swords and be OK, or should I start from the very beginning?
    You could start from Storm of Swords, but you would have some difficulty in reconciling some differences with the show in terms of characters and a few (mostly minor) events. In my opinion, the safest place to start would be A Clash of Kings. Non-trivial variations start to happen from the second season onwards. Mind you, the end results of the story arcs are so far the same as in the books, but if you're planning on being able to follow everything, then Clash of Kings is where you should start.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I did not regret reading the first book about two months ago. The TV series is very faithful to the first book, but the books adds a bit of backstory. In fact, it changed my impression about who really killed Jon Arryn.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Maybe I'm just a sick fuck, but I laughed my face off at all 3.5 minutes of that video.

"OH WHY DIDN'T I READ THE BOOKS!?"

hahahaha!

I think that woman is kind of adorable though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Did she say she was going to punch a baby tomorrow?

Blimey!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post

It's been two days and I still can't get it out of my head. I keep having to remind myself that I don't live in Westeros and none of this affects me in real life.
    THIS. exactly how i'm feeling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    To those who has read the books just a quick question: Has all that has taken place in the first three seasons all part of just the first book? My brother has the first two books and I'm considering starting to read the first book once the season is over.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Each book is one season, but book 3 will be 2 seasons.

So season 4 will be second half of book 3.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Never mind the Starks, poor Anne Boleyn just had her head chopped off by her husband! Oh wait, that's a rerun I've just been watching of a show that aired five years ago. That was based on events that happened five hundred years ago. BOOK/REAL LIFE SPOILERS: He gets really fat. I guess that counts as payback.

But seriously, I think this much tragic main character TV butchery in 24 hours probably isn't terribly healthy for one's soul.
    Now where did I put that Wire season 3 DVD...
    [/waffle]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    This shit is spreading like wildfire. In a few years we'll have every episode based on only one page. Not this show; every tv show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

So season 4 will be second half of book 3.
    Thanks. Should get some reading done then.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSoldier333 View Post
    This shit is spreading like wildfire. In a few years we'll have every episode based on only one page. Not this show; every tv show.
    Well not really a tv devised split. When the books were released, I bought them in 2 paperbacks. It's just a really long book, not what you're thinking.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSoldier333 View Post
    That book is, like, 1150 pages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Season one is very faithful to book one, with the only difference being that Martin goes into a lot more detail, which is a good thing - all the backstory and the history of Westeros is really interesting. Season two and three have taken some liberties and fused some characters together (or in the case of Robb's wife, changed her name and history completely), mostly for the better IMO. I think you should start from the beginning to help fill in the blanks and understand who all the minor characters are and their functions/family history etc. It makes the experience a much richer and fuller one, I think.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Never mind the Starks, poor Anne Boleyn just had her head chopped off by her husband! Oh wait, that's a rerun I've just been watching of a show that aired five years ago. That was based on events that happened five hundred years ago. BOOK/REAL LIFE SPOILERS: He gets really fat. I guess that counts as payback.
    And impotent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    I agree, that was such a happy emotional moment that got me a bit misty on its own. And then moments later completely ripped it away.
    part of that may have been, book readers knew what the red wedding was all about, likewise folks who were spoiled also knew some major shit was going to go down. however the wee ned stark getting it first - that was still unexpected.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    LOL!!!!!

OH man, the internet never fails. Well, most of the time.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Doing this on Saturday.

Also, I totally missed this cameo.
    Last edited by Baphomette; 06-06-2013 at 11:41 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    From io9's episode recap: "Meanwhile, Bran Stark is getting a handle on his Warg power, which lets him enter the mind of his direwolf Summer when he's dreaming- and in this episode he jumps into Hodor when Hodor is Hodoring up a Hodor and possibly about to get everybody Hodored."

Try reading that without inflecting Hodor's voice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I finally watched the last episode. And I should be shocked. WTF. OMG. But no some bookdouche already spoiled it for me in the comment section of an article about the Avengers movie. I have known since last season.
    Although I was sad the dire wolf died. I was hoping Arya would free it and would go kicking ass around westeros. That is really the only thing I want, Arya becoming some bad ass warrior.
    I did notice that knowing Rob would die it becomes obvious that he was going to. His wife being pregnant. They were way too happy. Pulling a Ned Stark and beheading the guy even though it was politically a bad move. As soon as his wife said "lets name the kid Ned" I was thinking "here it comes."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Season one 10/10

Season 2 & 3 ... boring as fuck. Two fucking seasons and nothings happened... fuck it. Sorry... season 2 and 3 are okay but just too damn slow developing. More needs to happen in a season... as short as GOT's season is.

Maybe in season 5 Daenerys will reach the water and in season 7 Jamie will get back to Casterly Rock.

Also, what happened to that huge army of Wights at the end of season 2?????

P.S. I don't mean "slow" as in not enough battles... just too many things are too slow to develop or move along.... with a tiny amount of random surprises.
    Last edited by snaapz; 06-08-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Season 2 and 3... nothing happened? seriously?
    Season 1 = amazing... Season 2 = even better... Season 3 = fucking awesome!

nothing happened? a buttload has happened

And that wildfire scene in season 2? Best fucking thing ever in any television series.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    *I've taken a deep breath ... maybe over reacted. I just got caught up on season 3... It's a great show... just a bit too slow for my liking. They should have squeezed the 9 episodes into 5 maybe 6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I will admit that the story tends to be two steps forward ten steps back or no steps in any direction. I have not NEEDED to see the show every week like in the first season. However, I do not think the first season was the best. I don't even think the first episode was that good. I just kept watching because I wanted to like the show. But EVERY great show has issues when people are willing to admit it. And most of them lag at some point. With so many characters and stories there is going to be a lot of set up. But I understand how annoying it is when the set up leads to nothing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    *I've taken a deep breath ... maybe over reacted. I just got caught up on season 3... It's a great show... just a bit too slow for my liking. They should have squeezed the 9 episodes into 5 maybe 6.
    It's ok, I still love you

I just love character driven shows... and heavy on dialogue doesn't bother me

Game Of Thrones and Carnivale are my all time favorite shows of all time... all time
    I feel A LOT has happened in the past two seasons.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Episode 9 spoiler if you click...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83339767/

This is how I feel

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Game of Thrones

Oh, god they really showed the aftermath. *sobbing hysterically*

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Asha/Yara is my queen of everything.