Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think the Dontos delay makes sense because Sansa was happy for most of last season thinking she'd be the new Mrs. Tyrell and free of Joffrey only to have quite a rude awakening from Tywin's plans. Now, Spoiler: Littlefinger will be away at the Eeyrie, and Sansa will be dreading the future, so she'll take any chance she gets to flee and Dontos the drunk will be the perfect "hero" for he, even if he's not the stereotypical knight she's always longed for.

As for the PW, I don't see it being the episode Martin writes. While he has taken big episodes before, I think he'll use the bulk of his episode to introduce us to Dorne, and the cast of new characters this location will bring, while delving into their history with the Lannisters and the sacking of Kings Landing (which hasn't really been touched on yet). I'm sticking with episode 4.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    We're probably not getting Dorne until Season 5.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I had read about Neil Marshall a week a so ago, I believe on io9, which led people to speculate that episode 9 would be Spoiler: the attack on the Wall.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm guessing ep 9 will be that and Spoiler: the trial by combat, which will set up Tyrion's escape and kinslaying for the finale. I'll be interested to see Spoiler: what they do with Dany and Yara. Do they cut Astapor, or Mereen, or will she just sit in Yunkai playing with Daario? Yara going to the Dreadfort? She'll never make it past Dragonstone. Kingsmoot, what?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Mark Gatiss has been cast in an unspecified role (the speculation here is Mace Tyrell, my personal bet is Donall Noye):
    http://winteriscoming.net/?p=28889

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Oh, man, at first I thought it was funny but then I was fighting back tears near the end.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Indira Varma has just been cast as Ellaria Sand. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ecstatic

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/07/in...-ellaria-sand/

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    They need to bring in Ray Stephenson and Kevin McKidd for a Rome reunion. One of Mance Rayder's prime thugs does look a dead ringer for McKidd, I thought Ciaran Hinds was going to recruit him as a senator at one point.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Last edited by bruised; 08-04-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It even has a NIN spotting in it.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Finally found the time to finish Season 3 the other night. I am going to re-watch all three seasons and read the books before Season 4 starts next year.

I was unfazed by the Red Wedding in episode 9. The Stark family are a weak bunch of idiots and I saw this coming a mile off. Rob lost the war the moment he married the field nurse and lost his focus. And his moron of a mother letting Jaime walk put the writing on the wall. They got what they deserved at that wedding, and have nobody to blame but themselves for their downfall.

This family has no concept of the art of war. It pisses me off at times, to be honest. The Lannisters may be a cruel group of pricks, but any family who can fight amongst each other and still kick everyone else's ass is onto something.

That dude who castrated Theon is a real hoot, too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Oh boy, there are a lot of things you're ignorant about without reading the books. Even the bloody Lannisters make mistakes.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    They DESTROYED Cat on the show, to boot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Finally found the time to finish Season 3 the other night. I am going to re-watch all three seasons and read the books before Season 4 starts next year.

I was unfazed by the Red Wedding in episode 9. The Stark family are a weak bunch of idiots and I saw this coming a mile off. Rob lost the war the moment he married the field nurse and lost his focus. And his moron of a mother letting Jaime walk put the writing on the wall. They got what they deserved at that wedding, and have nobody to blame but themselves for their downfall.

This family has no concept of the art of war. It pisses me off at times, to be honest. The Lannisters may be a cruel group of pricks, but any family who can fight amongst each other and still kick everyone else's ass is onto something.
    I think the Red Wedding would have happened even if Catelyn hadn't released Jaime. Jaime may be Tywin's favorite son, but that didn't stop him from going to sack King's Landing during Robert's Rebellion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

as far as the show version of the Starks, sadly most of this is true, there were some very important threads from the books that were completely changed for the show, as a result the "hard coded" situations like the red wedding or Robb's wedding for that matter, just make the Starks look like idiots.

However, one bit that didn't get a whole bunch of play on the show is the ritual of bread & salt / and guest rights, the Red Wedding was a shocking breach of protocol, and almost without precedent in the GOT world.

That dude who castrated Theon is a real hoot, too.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stateira View Post
    I think the Red Wedding would have happened even if Catelyn hadn't released Jaime. Jaime may be Tywin's favorite son, but that didn't stop him from going to sack King's Landing during Robert's Rebellion.
    Catelyn was an idiot regardless. She had no business even being on that battlefield; she had two young sons back in Winterfell who had already lost their father. If she’d been at home taking care of Bran and Ricken like she should have been, she wouldn’t have been out on the battlefield making idiotic decisions.

She’s a fool to even consider sending Jaime off with a lone woman knight to make it to King’s Landing, let alone believing for a second Tywin or Joffrey would have exchanged Jaime for Aria and the other Stark daughter.

Robb’s just as big of an idiot as his mother though. For one, he breaks his oath to Walter Fray by marrying a field nurse in the middle of a war. Then he puts the Lannister kid in the same cage as Jaime and mayhem ensues. Then he beheads that one lieutenant in his ranks knowing damn well the guy’s army – which accounts for about half his army in general – is going to abandon him if he does. Then he goes crawling back to Walter Frey for more troops when he’s already broken one promise to him already.

That whole family is a bunch if morons, from Ned on down to John Snow. The only one with any sense and the necessary killer instinct is Aria, the youngest in the family. How ironic is that?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    If she’d been at home taking care of Bran and Ricken like she should have been
    Words fail me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    To paraphrase Ygritte, you know nothing, NYRexall.

So I'm almost done re-reading A Storm of Swords and I got genuinely excited to read Tyrion's chapter with Oberyn Martell. Man, I can't wait to see him onscreen next season.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Words fail me.
    Why? They had no father. Now they have no mother.

What decent, self-respecting mother leaves her infant sons behind -- one who is crippled, no less -- to go into a war and ultimately get her throat slashed.

She's an idiot who won;t be missed, except by her sons and daughters who will never get to see her alive again.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    To paraphrase Ygritte, you know nothing, NYRexall.
    Care to elaborate? Or are you just going to facepalm another post of mine you don't agree with and be done with it?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Dude, just read the fucking books.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Why? They had no father. Now they have no mother.

What decent, self-respecting mother leaves her infant sons behind -- one who is crippled, no less -- to go into a war and ultimately get her throat slashed.

She's an idiot who won;t be missed, except by her sons and daughters who will never get to see her alive again.
    First of all, she didn't leave to go to war of her own accord. When she left (to warn Ned about the attempted murder of Bran), Robb was still at Winterfell. He wasn't at war because Ned's head was still in place.

Secondly, when she tried to leave Robb's camp to return to Winterfell, he ordered her to go as his envoy to Renley. She had no choice but to carry out his wishes.

Thirdly, she released Jaime when TYRION (not Tywin) was Hand of the King pro tem. Tyrion would have released the girls because he actually does have honor. Yes, I agree she acted rashly when she released Jaime however she was acting the way any "self-respecting mother" would have.
    Last edited by Baphomette; 08-06-2013 at 12:23 AM.