Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    something felt off about this episode for me, despite the parts that I liked (the counsel where tyrion dragged the chair and sat at the end of the table was fun).

I don't know, it feels bizarrely heavy handed.

And... the pub rock song at the end sucked so much
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-15-2013 at 03:04 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yes, that song at the end was weird. What was that about? Jaime did just show his first real human moment when he tried to save Brienne and this is what happens? Is the song just mockery?
    Once again, the episode had lots of great moments, but the season is struggling a little to unite the various storylines. It's jumping around a LOT and I felt myself wanting to stay at one place a little longer. Some scenes just stalled and didn't really advance the narrative (Hot Pie bakes cake, Theon almost gets you-know-what). I have now read the first book, and the storyline there was much easier to follow. But then the third book is extremely long and (I assume) extremely epic, so the setting up takes longer. Also, I think George R.R. Martin really likes to see his characters suffer.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The song ("The Bear and the Maiden Fair") is a foreshadowing of events to come. Kinda like "the Rains of Castamere" although they gradually introduced that song and The National's version kicked ass. I did think it took away the punch from the scene but I understand why they needed it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've only read the first book, but it drove me fucking CRAZY that Daenerys agreed to give away her biggest dragon in order to obtain the Unsullied. Did this bullshit transpire in the books?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by substanceabuse View Post
    I've only read the first book, but it drove me fucking CRAZY that Daenerys agreed to give away her biggest dragon in order to obtain the Unsullied. Did this bullshit transpire in the books?
    There's no way she has some plan to keep the dragon and fuck over the slaver... And no, that's not a book spoiler. Do you really think the mother of dragons would give one of her dragons away though?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I definitely hoped that she had some ulterior motives, and I definitely assume the dragons are loyal only to her (she's mommy after all), but I was letting myself focus on negativity. I really want to see that asshole who keeps calling her the "Westerosi Slut" get his just compensation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler: His uppance will come

Finally got to see the latest episode! I really enjoyed it, it got the brain ticking and the memory trying to recall what happened in the books. Seems like they're hurrying some story-lines along and slowing others down.
    Spoiler: Holy shit! Holy shit! They actually cut off Jaime's hand! I thought they were going to cheap-out and only maim it or something. I liked how they got you thinking he was going to lose an eye instead.
    Last edited by Conrad Lienert; 04-16-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't know, it feels bizarrely heavy handed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just read another review of the first episodes and...

Why does everybody say the battle at the Fist was much more epic in the books? It was EXACTLY the same! The first chapter is some Night's Watch guys plotting on the Fist, then hearing the three blasts and going "Oh shit!". The next thing we hear from that storyline is Sam running and running, already AFTER the battle. So there was no description of the battle at all in the books. Maybe some guys got a bad memory or they only read the summaries on Wikipedia.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Lienert View Post
    Thanks, Miss Baphomette! Loved the Sapphires reference!
    I will always be upset that we didn't get "Thathphieph?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thathphieph???

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Lienert View Post
    Thathphieph???
    Pretend you have a lisp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah so, I see what you did there!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
    Just read another review of the first episodes and...

Why does everybody say the battle at the Fist was much more epic in the books? It was EXACTLY the same! The first chapter is some Night's Watch guys plotting on the Fist, then hearing the three blasts and going "Oh shit!". The next thing we hear from that storyline is Sam running and running, already AFTER the battle. So there was no description of the battle at all in the books. Maybe some guys got a bad memory or they only read the summaries on Wikipedia.
    The battle is definitely described in the books. It's that Sam chapter, it doesn't give a play by play but it describes what was happening during the battle as Sam is thinking back on it while he's walking through the snow with the surviving members of the Watch. It describes quite a bit actually. I have no problem at all with how they did it in the show, pretty much what I expected they would do.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 04-17-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    "My real father lost his head at King's Landing".

OH GOD MY FEELS. Also, the last scene was fantastic, along with the Queen of Thorns being amazing as per usual.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Dat Khaleesi.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Game of Thrones

Dany, you my gurl.

The ending was so good I watched it twice.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    That ending was so good, I almost came.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Man that episode was so good, beginning to end. Might have to watch it again tonight.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Who else LOL'd @ Theon???

Suck it, you little shit!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think he's actually quite a tragic character. Certainly more interesting than emo Jon or righteous Rob who are both good people but bore me to tears.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Game of Thrones

Soooo next week's episode is titled "Kissed By Fire".

*wiggly eyebrows*

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    I think he's actually quite a tragic character. Certainly more interesting than emo Jon or righteous Rob who are both good people but bore me to tears.
    The thing I like most about Jon Snow is the way Ygritte pronounces his name... I swear she has the world's sexiest voice. Every time I hear "Jun Snerrrr" my toes involuntarily curl.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Ridiculously good episode. Ok, that ending was clear to me the minute she agreed to sell her dragon, but great nonetheless. But everything else was brilliant, too, from the first scene to the last, court intrigues, more Queen of Thorns, Varys little story, and finally some action beyond the wall, though I guess that sort of makes any fight Night's Watch vs. Mance Raydar's men obsolete. Shame on them for having that The Hound vs. Beric Dondarrion cliffhanger. As someone who has not read that book yet, I could imagine them both dying.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Soooo next week's episode is titled "Kissed By Fire".

*wiggly eyebrows*
    Practising my O-face as we speak.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Echoing everyone here, very cool ending to a great episode! I need to go back and watch it though because I drank the Iron Throne ale during. One question though, how long do we have to wait until Daenerys needs to find boats for her 8,000 troops?