Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2159

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    @marodi

That makes some sense. Damn. But I have no earthly idea how a Targaryen would end up so far north of the wall and become the Night King. Also, those spirals have also been shown related to the children of the forest, the first men, etc.

If true though, I guess that would blow up the theory that people have from the stories of old from the books about the Night King being an ancient Stark who was cast out and is seeking revenge against men all these years later:

The story of the Night’s King is quite different in A Song of Ice and Fire, and not just because of the added apostrophe and letter. Bran recalls his education on the legendary character, who was said to be the 13th Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch. The Night's King was seduced by what sounds like a female Other, something yet to be seen in the series. She is described as having pale skin and blue eyes, which sounds exactly like a White Walker. As the stories go, when the two mated, she took his soul.
    The Night's King then became the tyrannical ruler of the Night’s Watch, declaring himself king with his frosty queen by his side. It took a coalition between the Starks of Winterfell and Joramun, a King-Beyond-The-Wall, to end the Night’s King’s dictatorship at the Wall. He was finally taken out after a 13-year reign. Afterwards, it was discovered that the Night's King and his queen had been sacrificing... something to the Others. It is unclear what exactly it was, however, as all records of his reign were destroyed. His true name has been forever forbidden.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Yeah, it would make more sense for the Night King to be an ancien Stark, especially considering the link he has with Bran.

I'm beginning to be afraid that after the finale., we will be left with more questions than answers; just like we were when Lost ended.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    @bobbie solo

Things that make you go hmmm...
    yeah, and the 8 points are there too... I think it's a safe call... though in the other "art" there's only 7 points in the spiral...
    I don't know!!!
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-20-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yeah, it would make more sense for the Night King to be an ancien Stark, especially considering the link he has with Bran.

I'm beginning to be afraid that after the finale., we will be left with more questions than answers; just like we were when Lost ended.
    agree on your last point. They unnecessarily set themselves up for potential failure on sticking all the various landings we're looking for by doing this abridged season. I really hope we get the full story of the Night King...meaning his origin and his motives. Wouldn't be fair to leave us hanging otherwise. and I don't want or expect happy endings for the main characters, but we should get a definitive ending to their story arcs.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Well, that settles it: lady Mormont is going to fight. She'll frown at the Night King and he's going to be so scared that he's going to go back to where he came from. He'll even rebuild the Wall behind him!

Jon Snow, you have proven me wrong. I'm so proud of you.

Naked Arya traumatized me and Ser Brienne made me cry. Bran delivered the mother of all burn.

But there was only one thing that made me scream out loud: GHOST!!!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    That whole fireplace scene was so fun

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Dany is absolutely going to kill Jon now. They've been building to it for a while.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    This episode was a trap. They trying to make us feel good before everyone dies.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Definitely at least one person in each of those rooms is fucked

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    This episode was a trap. They trying to make us feel good before everyone dies.
    Well, I hope EVERYONE fucking dies after that episode, cuz they need to make up for that gigantic waste of time. NOTHING HAPPENED!!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I GOT FRESH MEME'S PEOPLE!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I'm just glad some other people feel weird about Arya... I just didn't want that to happen, and I don't know who was asking for that uncomfortable moment. I'm ok with her stabbing dudes in the eyes and smiling while she slits peoples throats, but...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah they really stretched that one out. Felt like a lot of filler.

As for Arya/Maisie, she's an adult, it's her call. Relatively tasteful as far as GoT is concerned

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    As for Arya/Maisie, she's an adult, it's her call. Relatively tasteful as far as GoT is concerned
    Yes, Maisie is an young adult now. Naked Maisie in anything else would not bother me. But Arya was like 12 years old when we first met her and she's grown, of course. And she kills people and wear their faces but... naked Arya is more ewwww to me than the Jaime/Cersei coupling or the Jon/Danny one.

Especially since the Targaryens had a tendency to go full ancient Egyptians and marry brother to sister. Dany's parents were siblings after all.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    This thread is helping to point out what I really dislike about American culture.

"Yeah, I don't have a problem with her feeding someone's kids to them in a meat pie and slitting their throats, but having sex is just too weird."

Killing people is fine, having sex is cringeworthy. Right. This is how we have videos of bodies in war zones on the news every night, but some pop star shows her tit for a split second on TV and her career is ruined while the station gets fined millions.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    This thread is helping to point out what I really dislike about American culture.

"Yeah, I don't have a problem with her feeding someone's kids to them in a meat pie and slitting their throats, but having sex is just too weird."

Killing people is fine, having sex is cringeworthy. Right. This is how we have videos of bodies in war zones on the news every night, but some pop star shows her tit for a split second on TV and her career is ruined while the station gets fined millions.
    Yes! We’ve watch plenty of rape on this show. (Too much IMO.) This scene was uncomfortable, but also empowering. Her telling him take off his pants. She removes her thick winter clothes to reveal her soft skin. I thought the whole scene was rather lovely and well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Thinking more on this, I think the only aspect of the scene that may have rubbed me the wrong way was the whole "I don't want to die not knowing what it feels like" explanation. They already had chemistry. She already wanted him and I'm pretty sure he already wanted her. But that part made it sound more like it was being rushed for the wrong reasons. She's one of the most powerful characters in the show; she could have gotten him in bed without having to go all "I don't want to die a virgin" on him. I don't have a problem with them showing that her character does have some level of vulnerability, but that particular angle is just....eh, I've never been a fan of it. It makes it feel like it's not *entirely* consensual - like she knows she wants it, she just might not be ready otherwise and so now she's forcing herself to do it. If she already wanted to jump him regardless, ditch the desperation angle. If she didn't want to, then.....eesh.

(Then again, this may be largely based on the fact that I waited longer than any of my friends because I never did the whole "eh, why not?" thing and waited until the right time with the right person.)

But my original point still stands: it blows my mind that throat slitting gets a thumbs up and some side boob gets a thumbs down.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So, next week the armies are going to fight, and the living are vastly out-numbered and have no chance of survival. Except, that something happening outside the battlefield might make the entire army just die suddenly out of nowhere.

I think we've all seen return of the king. I mean, I know this time the writers are willing to to kill important characters, so maybe the hobbits aren't going to save the day this time, but this setup just doesn't feel fresh.

Which isn't something I've not really found with Game of Thrones until recently. It's a bit disappointing, tbh.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    My feeling weird about that scene isn't because of American culture, and hey, Marodi's agreeing with me (for pretty much the same reasons) and she's not an American!

I'm not being a prude about it... I just marathon'd the series in preparation for the new finale, and yeah, she starts off as a child, so the transformation there is alarming, and not just because the actress still looks young for her age. It's like.... did you ever watch The Wonder Years? It ends with Kevin and Winny having sex, but it's kind of adorable because it didn't (and not just because of daytime TV standards I think) get graphic with it.

And really, I'm not freaking out about it, it was just "errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" feeling; uncomfortable.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

I love you for this. 1000000% yes to all of this.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Thinking more on this, I think the only aspect of the scene that may have rubbed me the wrong way was the whole "I don't want to die not knowing what it feels like" explanation. They already had chemistry. She already wanted him and I'm pretty sure he already wanted her. But that part made it sound more like it was being rushed for the wrong reasons. She's one of the most powerful characters in the show; she could have gotten him in bed without having to go all "I don't want to die a virgin" on him. I don't have a problem with them showing that her character does have some level of vulnerability, but that particular angle is just....eh, I've never been a fan of it. It makes it feel like it's not *entirely* consensual - like she knows she wants it, she just might not be ready otherwise and so now she's forcing herself to do it. If she already wanted to jump him regardless, ditch the desperation angle. If she didn't want to, then.....eesh.

(Then again, this may be largely based on the fact that I waited longer than any of my friends because I never did the whole "eh, why not?" thing and waited until the right time with the right person.)

But my original point still stands: it blows my mind that throat slitting gets a thumbs up and some side boob gets a thumbs down.
    I think it shows who Arya is. A male warrior character wanting to have sex before going into battle wouldn’t be questioned at all. She hasn’t been a female stereotype since we were introduced to her as a girl. She didn’t want to marry a prince. She wanted to learn how to sword fight. She doesn’t wear dresses. She’s obviously a passionate young person and I think her desire to experience sex before death is human.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I think it shows who Arya is. A male warrior character wanting to have sex before going into battle wouldn’t be questioned at all.
    I'd question it - now. Ten years ago? You're absolutely right, I probably wouldn't have batted an eye or had a second thought. (obligatory shoutout to my favorite feminists, most of all my better half, for opening to my eyes to double standards)

But I think there's a big difference between someone experienced (male or female) wanting to get it on before battle, and having never done it before and rushing it out of fear and desperation. It's not like it's the end of the world and I don't really anything inherently wrong with it (I mean...if she does die, then I guess she doesn't have to worry about any of the ensuing emotional or physical complications that could arise). Maybe I just romanticize the first time too much. I doubt I would have had a second thought if she'd already been there / done that and she just wanted another fuck or another guy before going into battle.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Some of you are missing my point: I don't care about Arya having sex; she can have all the sex she wants. I just feel weird about seeing her naked since she was a CHILD when I first met her.

If I were bothered by sex scenes, I would have turned off GoT after 5 minutes of season one, episode one. Rape scenes bother me though. Even the ones we don't actually see (technically, only Theon saw it). Blood and gore don't bother me but I still can't watch Ned losing his head. Or parts of the Red Wedding.

Gee, if I wanted to go all Freud on my reactions, I'd be pretty pleased that there is still some feelings left in me; maybe I'm still human after all.

In other news: Sansa and Theon's reunion was beautiful. These two understand each other like like few others could.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Let's move on from this topic and not derail the thread?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    We're talking about a scene from the show; what's the problem?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Here's Maisie discussing the scene and how it was all handled

And here's Dana Schwartz calling it like it is -

Anyway, even without all of that, I thought the scene was great and, like a lot of things in this series, paid off something that was being set up 8 years ago. The dead are marching on you and will be at your front door in several hours. You're back with the boy you first met when every second was sacred because someone could come and snatch you up and almost did several times. Seize the moment because you might not have another.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Some of you are missing my point: I don't care about Arya having sex; she can have all the sex she wants. I just feel weird about seeing her naked since she was a CHILD when I first met her.
    My point stands then: you found it totally fine to watch a CHILD slit a guy's throat after baking his sons' fingers into his dinner, but you find it weird seeing her body. You didn't find cannibalism and grisly murder weird, but you found it unsettling to see some of her adult body.

Also: I'm surprised no one has commented on Bran repeating Jamie's season one line back at him word for word regarding the things we do for love.

Also also: I think at this point the only ending I'd actually be upset with is if Daenerys somehow wins. I've hated her since season one, and I still hate her. More than ever after this episode.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I don’t see how the thread is being derailed at all. Other than your post.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Here's Maisie discussing the scene and how it was all handled

And here's Dana Schwartz calling it like it is -

Anyway, even without all of that, I thought the scene was great and, like a lot of things in this series, paid off something that was being set up 8 years ago. The dead are marching on you and will be at your front door in several hours. You're back with the boy you first met when every second was sacred because someone could come and snatch you up and almost did several times. Seize the moment because you might not have another.
    Carpe Diem!

Also: I'm surprised no one has commented on Bran repeating Jamie's season one line back at him word for word regarding the things we do for love.
    Bran delivered the mother of all burn.
    First, he stares at them creepily and then, he blows their little minds with one well placed phrase. Oh Bran, please go remind Dany how she smothered her sun and stars.

What I do find weird is how anyone can think it's a good idea to hide in the crypt. With dead people all around. Dead people that can be brought back to life by the Night King. Oh yeah, I have a great feeling about this.

Thing I don't want to see: headless Ned running around trying to kill Gilly and little Sam. Grown up Sam may regret having given away his handy Valyrian steel sword.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

I'd question it - now. Ten years ago? You're absolutely right, I probably wouldn't have batted an eye or had a second thought. (obligatory shoutout to my favorite feminists, most of all my better half, for opening to my eyes to double standards)

But I think there's a big difference between someone experienced (male or female) wanting to get it on before battle, and having never done it before and rushing it out of fear and desperation. It's not like it's the end of the world and I don't really anything inherently wrong with it (I mean...if she does die, then I guess she doesn't have to worry about any of the ensuing emotional or physical complications that could arise). Maybe I just romanticize the first time too much. I doubt I would have had a second thought if she'd already been there / done that and she just wanted another fuck or another guy before going into battle.
    I did not get fear or desperation from her during the scene at all. She decides to have sex with him after he basically says he has experience but not too much experience. She liked him already, she’s lived thru so much at such a young age and she wants to do this right now with him. I definitely think she likes him beyond fucking but I certainly can see how this is her choice in those moments. It’s now or never and she chose now.