Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Can't help yourself can you?

Hey, Conrad is the one that even brought up weddings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like to think I did it subtly enough, as to not spoil anything.

I just think that this season has been very well handled (if not too short). It would be a shame not to end it on some big climax.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I think we'll probably get the Spoiler: three blasts finale. Don't look it up if you don't want SPOILERS, but for those of you who don't mind, just look at the title of the final track of Season 2 soundtrack. Also, listen to it (you can find it on youtube). Sounds perfect!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Lienert View Post
    I like to think I did it subtly enough, as to not spoil anything.
    Well, you think wrong. I believe I'm done with this thread.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    First Game of Thrones season 3 casting news:

Kerry Ingram will be playing Shireen Baratheon according to her Twitter...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    He could just be injured. It was pretty dark and hard to tell how badly he was actually hit. He might be OK.
    I could tell quite well how badly he was injured. Perhaps your brightness is too low?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's not my fault, if the cat was killed by curiousity.
    Meow.

I didn't think they were going to bother with Shireen??? They better not cast her annoying friend too!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    It's not my fault, if the cat was killed by curiousity.
    Meow.
    It's one thing to talk about episodes after they've aired, it's another thing entirely to post coy references to upcoming events that you know about because you read the books. I've read the books, and I still think it's annoying when people do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's just mere speculation, my good chum. But if it's so bothersome to some people, I shall cease and desist.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    They better not cast her annoying friend too!
    You're kidding, right? He is a must now, I know, I know, oh oh oh...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    They better not cast her annoying friend too!
    How dare you. Patchface for the Iron Throne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha, I think they actually did show Moon Boy in the last episode, didn't they (without acknowledging him)? He was in the Queen's chamber, during the battle.

I shall wait till this season is over, before I speculate further. I can't wait for the final episode!!!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    My livestream died after the "end" of Theon's speech and I couldn't find anything until just before the three blasts. Sobbing into my rum and coke I'd saved for this right now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omgomg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omgomg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omgomg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg.

I was literally clasping my hands over my mouth at the end.

Also, I know I wasn't the only one to tear up during Spoiler: the House of the Undying scene when Dany saw Khal Drogo and her baby.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Since it's shown, I think it's safe to reveal the list of major characters being introduced next season revealed by the showrunners earlier this week:

• Mance Rayder: We’ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night’s Watch who became the “King Beyond the Wall,” the leader of the Wildlings.
    • Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.
    • Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.
    • Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.
    • Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark’s uncle.
    • Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife.
    • Shireen: Stannis’ daughter.
    • Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother.
    • Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.
    • Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.
    • Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Beric Dondarrion was briefly seen in the first season right? It would be cool if they kept the same casting.The plot elements involving him are what I'm looking forward too most next season. Well that and the wedding.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Bath salts north of the wall WTF?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploding Plastic View Post
    Beric Dondarrion was briefly seen in the first season right? It would be cool if they kept the same casting.
    They're recasting, from what I've heard. Olenna is rumoured to have been cast and all I saw was "It wasn't Maggie Smith or Judi Dench", which rules out a lot of the fancastings.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!! Well done! I'm going to watch it again. Fucking AWESOME!

I love this show so much.

Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    My livestream died after the "end" of Theon's speech and I couldn't find anything until just before the three blasts. Sobbing into my rum and coke I'd saved for this right now.

If I were you, I'd buy off iTunes (it's worth it), or use HBO Go if you have it... torrent if you don't.
    Incredible episode.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Pretty sure HBO isn't available in Ireland.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Irish showing is tonight, but I like "being there". Also, we have commercials in it which pretty much butchers the whole thing.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Pretty sure HBO isn't available in Ireland.
    Really?! That's seriously unexpected.
    Well.... Everyone needs to watch it. Now. Do what must be done. I do not understand why they'd lag the delivery to paying subscribers. At least if you have hbo (or equivalent service?) you have hbo go right? Do they time lag that? Is it a different service from hbo in Ireland? If they play it with commercials, what channel is it on?
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-04-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Typing on iPad is hard, and autocorrect sucks

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Ten more months.

I think I'm going to cry.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    At least if you have hbo (or equivalent service?) you have hbo go right? Do they time lag that? Is it a different service from hbo in Ireland? If they play it with commercials, what channel is it on?
    APPARENTLY I have an online on-demand thing, but I've never bothered to set it up. I know GoT is meant to be on there. It's on over here on Sky Atlantic, it's got an exclusivity deal with HBO but it misses on a number of shows due to existing deals, most notably True Blood.

"The launch of Sky Atlantic followed the broadcaster's £150m, five-year deal to snap up the exclusive UK and Irish TV rights to HBO's entire archive, new HBO programming and a first-look deal on all co-productions. The deal does not cover programmes with pre-existing agreements with other broadcasters, such as the first-run rights to Eastbound & Down and True Blood on FX, until their licence expires. Sky is also understood to have bid at least 25% more than the BBC to acquire Lionsgate Television's Mad Men. On 5 January 2011, Sky secured Blue Bloods and The Borgias for Sky Atlantic in a deal with CBS Studios International."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I started watching the series just 2 weeks ago and have finished the 2 seasons now. Having to wait another 10 months makes me crazy.... This show is just incredible. The only reason not to give 100 out of 100 points would be the "sexposition" scenes. However, I'm so much in need for more Game of Thrones I might start reading the books. I'm torn... Will I ruin the series for me by knowing what's going to happen next? On the other hand, if there are seven novels and the third book is split into two seasons, I will have to wait at least 6 years to know how it ends. Will the show still run by then and will it still be good? So I guess I will read the first two books and then decide how to proceed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ambergris View Post
    I started watching the series just 2 weeks ago and have finished the 2 seasons now. Having to wait another 10 months makes me crazy.... This show is just incredible. The only reason not to give 100 out of 100 points would be the "sexposition" scenes. However, I'm so much in need for more Game of Thrones I might start reading the books. I'm torn... Will I ruin the series for me by knowing what's going to happen next? On the other hand, if there are seven novels and the third book is split into two seasons, I will have to wait at least 6 years to know how it ends. Will the show still run by then and will it still be good? So I guess I will read the first two books and then decide how to proceed.
    I read all the books after the first season and now wish I wouldn't have. The books were great, but I wish I would've just read them as the seasons ended, they're changing things that are annoying me and there's so much stuff I want to happen in the show it's making the waiting even worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I expected that after last weeks episode Sansa would be replaced by Renlys widow, but, why does Sansa still insist on staying in Kings Landing? What the Fuck is wrong with her? It is like terrible things happen to her but she does not connect them with the terrible people surrounding her.

I also figured that Tyrion would get screwed over but not that he would be in a worse place then when he started. I guess it makes sense. He made waves with his sister and Joffrey so once he was not Hand they would just toss him aside. However, I figured his father would have at least been impressed by him. He was in the last battle he was in, and he did not even fight in that one. I really liked his scene with Varys and the girl even if they were short. Varys is becoming one of my favorite characters. Last week episode with him was great.

Dany finally got interesting again after an entire season. I am not sure whether it is the chemistry with the actor but her scene with Drogo was the best thing she has done all season.

The one thing I am confused about, and maybe I missed something, was why did the two stark boys have to runaway. The Pike people left and Theon is probably on his way to get his head cut off. What about the 500 men waiting outside?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    HELL YEAH!! Loved it, loved it entirely, it doesn't even matter how they deviated from the books, this episode was the shit! A tiny bit disappointed about the lack of certain things in the House of the Undying, but I must confess that it's a very trippy scene in the books and would probably not translate adequately. But that's just nitpicking.

Oh, but that ending...that ending!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl View Post
    I expected that after last weeks episode Sansa would be replaced by Renlys widow, but, why does Sansa still insist on staying in Kings Landing? What the Fuck is wrong with her? It is like terrible things happen to her but she does not connect them with the terrible people surrounding her.
    I think it's been made pretty clear that she's terrified and doesn't know who to trust. Spoiler: Yeah so Littlefinger offers her a way out. Why should she trust him? She's afraid it's a plot, a way to entrap her. She's completely isolated from her family, she feels alone, abandoned and she has been repeatedly brutalised. So she tries to put on a show for everyone in hope that they leave her alone.
    Last edited by Alexandros; 06-04-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fuck... I'm going to have White Walker nightmares for the next 10 months...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploding Plastic View Post
    Fuck... I'm going to have White Walker nightmares for the next 10 months...