Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 2159

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Yeah, the finale leaked a couple of days ago and screen grabs have been floating around.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    That was A+ trolling with the Previously On and the ending.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Well, I liked the episode. Lots of loose ends; things that may not be as they appear. But IF they are...well, quite honestly, my interest is pretty much gone. If 90% of the things I was interested in are now moot, then frankly, I'm just feeling a bit apathetic.

For me, there's absolutely no sense of "I can't believe I have to wait a year for the next season" right now. It's more like "well...okay, I'll probably watch it when it returns, but whatever."

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It feels a bit like they'll bring this one back. I know the show's reputation and all, but it feels like that's not the end. Blood melting snow and all. Plus Melissandre. It might be wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-14-2015 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    House Baratheon is dead.

Also, the makeup department must have used Dermablend by the tubes to cover Lena's tattoos.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    All in going to say is, they didn't bring lady stoneheart into the show for a reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was thinking the same thing Conan, but I just read that he got a haircut. I think he's really done.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

I'm sad there was no Yara this year.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    House Baratheon is dead.
    Not quite.

Also, the makeup department must have used Dermablend by the tubes to cover Lena's tattoos.
    Joe Blasco. It's the shit.
    Last edited by Baphomette; 06-15-2015 at 02:27 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    House Baratheon is dead.

Body double and great CGI actually.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That was a finale of GOT alright. Mega trolling in the "previously on". Season 6 should be great, hopefully we will have TWOW by then, but who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sometimes I find this show infuriating:

seriously brianne watches the tower for all this time then as soon as sansa lights the freaking candle she's all "oh lets go kill Stannis in the name of my old lord, because clearly he's not totally fucked anyway"

Stannis and his whole arc would have had maybe some impact if there was any real affection left for him, the only good outcome there would have been stannis and bolton killing each other.

I did like Davos at the end, while everybody was asking about Stannis, he asked about the princess instead.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    From the moment early in the season when Stannis offered him Winterfell, and he turned it down, I knew Jon was dead to rights. You don't survive a dumb move like that in this universe. The best thing about Game of Thrones from an audience perspective is all of the stupid characters get killed. Well almost all of them *cough*Sansa*cough*. Even the ones you like and root for (Ned, for example), you ultimately understand that they chose nobility over their life and that at least brings some comfort to their demises. This time was interesting because every chance they had all season to cut Jon down when I suspected they would, he survived and looked all the more powerful for it. They managed to take it until the very last moment of the season to bring forth what I assumed was inevitable, just when I finally thought it might not happen. At least he got to do one final act of good by saving Sam as he would have been ass fucked ten ways from sunday had he stuck around to witness that.

I also don't get that turncoat nightwatch fuck. If you truly didn't believe it was the right thing to do with the wildlings, why open the gates in the first place when they returned? Just leave them marooned out there. It was like they knew it was what they needed to do, but they just wanted a reason to kill him any way. I think what will happen is the lead Viking wildling will find out about that, start a beef with them, and just as they are starting to fight it out, whitewalkers come over the wall and annhiliate them all. Interesting thought that Millisandre will revive Jon, my wife figured since they didn't burn him, he could be converted to a white walker once they storm the wall and come back as a bad ass walker warrior who ends up slaying Roose and Ramsey, etc.

Overall it was a solid slow burning season, I enjoyed it all very much. I hope season 6 doesn't keep Daenerys and Tyrion seperated for too long with her doing some long pointless storyline with the mountain people thought, they are just too great together to seperate so quickly.

The finale was missing one thing though. Cersei did what she had to do. It was awful. But she did it and she made it. The one thing I wanted to see was her give a shit eating grin when she got back to the castle and they closed the door. I can't wait for the zombified Mountain to let loose. Like as brutal as that walk of shame was, where was the show of happiness that her perserverance paid off, alongside the knowledge she would get her revenge on that priest fuck and that bitch nun? Again, stupid characters die and letting Cersei out after doing that to her was one of the stupidest things you could ever do. I just wanted to see that on her face for a split second.

Does Jaime turn the boat around? He has to, right? Book readers don't answer that.
    Last edited by valiantsteed; 06-15-2015 at 07:27 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by koz-ivan View Post

seriously brianne watches the tower for all this time then as soon as sansa lights the freaking candle she's all "oh lets go kill Stannis in the name of my old lord, because clearly he's not totally fucked anyway"
    To be fair, Brianne left her watch BEFORE Sansa lit the candle. She didn't see the signal and go "fuck this, I'm going after Stannis". She weighed the fact that Sansa was adamant about never using the signal versus going after someone she could actually take on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    To be fair, Brianne left her watch BEFORE Sansa lit the candle. She didn't see the signal and go "fuck this, I'm going after Stannis". She weighed the fact that Sansa was adamant about never using the signal versus going after someone she could actually take on.
    that is true, however, we are to expect that she kept that vigil all along then abandons it right before it matters.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who thinks it odd that they didn't show Stannis get killed? (non book reader here.)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by koz-ivan View Post

Stannis and his whole arc would have had maybe some impact if there was any real affection left for him, the only good outcome there would have been stannis and bolton killing each other.

I did like Davos at the end, while everybody was asking about Stannis, he asked about the princess instead.
    One of the constant criticisms I've had with the show this season has been inconsistent character behavior, Brienne and Ellaria being obvious examples.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks it odd that they didn't show Stannis get killed? (non book reader here.)
    They didn't "show" it in the books either, just alluded to it. I'm taking the show as confirmation that he's dead in the books. Ha

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Is Jon Snow dead?

So, Jon Snow is dead. Long live... Jon Snow? Jon Targaryen? Zombie Jon Snow? Ghost Jon Snow?

@Miss Baphomette our little song needs a new verse.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Did you guys not notice the heavy focus on resurrection in the last few episodes? Maybe they will have him come back and lead the white walkers against Danerys. That would be a pretty amazing character pivot. Maybe they will have him come back along the lines of whatever is going on with the obvious reanimated Hound thing that we were shown in the last episode.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I wonder how much money HBO are giving Kit to throw fans off the scent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Haha, I just went to check and it's even better now...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    In the past, spoilers for this show didn't bother me much, since I had already read the books and knew (generally) what was coming. Now that this season is over..we're in a weird spot where episodes going forward will be mostly new information to everybody. Spoilers are a way bigger deal now (for me) moving forward. Next season will be nuts. Effin' crazy that we're already waiting for season six.

I'm about to start the s5 finale right now. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I wonder how much money HBO are giving Kit to throw fans off the scent.
    He does seem to be soooo happy and excited to tell everyone Jon is really dead, doesn't he? I kept picturing him like a little kid jumping up and down out of joy.

"I'M DEAD, I'M DEAD; I'M REALLY REALLY DEAD! YAAAAAAY!!!"

Someone out of a job should not be so pleased.
    Last edited by marodi; 06-15-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    That scene from The Others:
    WE'RE NOT DEAD! WE'RE NOT DEAD! WE'RE NOT DEAD! *rips up pieces of paper and throws them in the air*

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    They didn't "show" it in the books either, just alluded to it. I'm taking the show as confirmation that he's dead in the books. Ha
    Are you talking about Spoiler: the pink letter? Consider the source.

Disappointed in the reaction videos so far.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wow. Even knowing what was coming, that entire episode was pretty brutal to watch.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    No clue what the pink letter is. I'm just going off what I remember from the book