Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71
Results 2,101 to 2,111 of 2111

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I wouldn't call it a back lash, it's not really ubiquitous, I'd call it polarizing
    I dunno, a million pathetic change.org petitions is weird. I’d call it a backlash, and I have many friends who are REALLY pissed, so maybe that taints my perspective

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I hope Kit gets the help he's needing. Going from this thing that has occupied your life for 9 years to "what's next" has to take a fucking toll on you.

Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    So, a few years ago, I mentioned trying to get through the first book, before I saw the show, and I just wasn't feeling it.

But I picked it up and thumbed through it a bit, and, of course, recognized all these characters and locations. Now, I'm REALLY fucking excited to read them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I hope Kit gets the help he's needing. Going from this thing that has occupied your life for 9 years to "what's next" has to take a fucking toll on you.
    I feel for him. Touring works much in the same way. You eat, sleep, and breathe one job for weeks / months / years on end, then one day you're back home with literally nothing to do and possibly nothing even lined up, and you've lost all sense of purpose and identity. I spent all of last year and the first few months of this year on the same tour. I *would* have had that sense of loss at the end, except I only had four days at home before the next tour started. And when THAT one ends, I get two days before the next begins. A personal wellness treat sounds like a far-fetched luxury to me, since I can't afford to put that cycle on hold. I'm glad he can, and I hope it helps him get balanced again.

"Yeah but he's rich, he can go do whatever he wants," I hear someone saying somewhere.

Spoiler alert: that doesn't help as much as you'd think. Sure, financial security can reduce anxiety about your ability to cover costs, but having money doesn't magically make every waking moment fulfilling and meaningful.

If anyone wants a really good take on this, watch Jim & Andy: The Great beyond on Netflix.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hope Kit gets the help he needs, I imagine as a few of you have said, coming off this long haul production of such a huge show to 'what next?' must take quite a toll, and not the kind of emotions and feelings that plenty of cash can just make go away.

I watched The Last Watch the other night and it was great, it made me feel a lot better about the ending of it all, it was sure a huge amount of work put into the show, I cannot fault that.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I wonder how much this has to due with disappointment over the final season.

The season was poorly received, which makes it hard to believe the audience for the prequel would be that big.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Shame, cuz I enjoyed the final season and was looking forward to the prequels. Guess the haters are gonna ruin it for everyone else.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Shame, cuz I enjoyed the final season and was looking forward to the prequels. Guess the haters are gonna ruin it for everyone else.
    Most people would agree that it was the show runners who ruined it for everyone.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well apparently it didn't sway HBO toooo much. Another prequel series has been greenlit titled House of The Dragon