Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 2159

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Exactly. Cersei is the real threat. I didn't find the Night King fight anti-climatic at all. We already had numerous smaller battles with him leading up to this. I like the fact you're like, hey they won... oh wait, this shit is far from over and we have someone even more ruthless to deal with.
    Yep, we're less afraid of a zombie ice king than we are of a pregnant woman and a pirate.

Maybe that's supposed to be a comment on society......

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Watching these after-show behind the scenes clips is so headache-inducing sometimes.

”I’m a writer/producer for this episode, and I’m here to spend 10 minutes recounting every event in the episode to you in case your eyes and ears were taped shut for the past hour. Cersei did this, cuz Cersei bad, but on the other hand, Dany do this, cuz Dany good. And I think it’s good that bad do bad and good do good!”

Fucking actually provide some insight into the episode or get the fuck away from the camera.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    So now word is the whole things leaked online, the entire ending. I've not read any spoilers myself and I am desperately trying to avoid them.
    and this HAD to happen didn't it.... why couldn't they just release the season the way Netflix does....

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    and this HAD to happen didn't it.... why couldn't they just release the season the way Netflix does....
    It would be great. Since tuning in from S5, the hype has grown and grown and with this season it's at fever pitch, and it's on at the worst time for people like me in the UK, so I've got to go to work every Monday and avoid the internet like the plague until I can get home and watch.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm pretty sure I had this whole thing spoiled for me, and it's a bummer, but I'm still going to try and enjoy the ride. Plus part of me is hoping that these spoilers are actually fake and have just been planted by HBO to throw people off.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Ah yes, victim blaming. Why couldn't they have just modified their behaviors and not done what they wanted, so that people with bad intentions couldn't do bad things anymore?

Releasing them all at once doesn't stop leaks, FYI. Just makes it easier to spoil the entire season in one go if something bad happens.

And if they did drop them all at one, people who have jobs and hobbies and responsibilities and can't just watch 8-10 hours of TV in one night would end up needing to avoid social media and news sites for weeks until they could finish the entire series. Airing them a week at a time makes it much easier for people to stay current and not have to worry about going into isolation just to avoid someone else ruining it for them.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Yep, we're less afraid of a zombie ice king than we are of a pregnant woman and a pirate.

Maybe that's supposed to be a comment on society......
    God knows I fear pregnant women more than zombies.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Pretty intense episode

Pretty depressing too

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Holy shit.....that did match the spoilers, but the execution was phenomenal.

I am back on the hype train now.

Wow....that was incredible.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Way too fucking easy for Cersei... Dany has a straight path to light her up, but... plot armor.

They did a good job with giving that feeling of claustrophobia almost the entire time. I enjoyed this episode, but it was quite predictable in some cases.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    They really wanted to drive home how crazy Dany is in this one, mission accomplished

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I liked it a lot, but I'm also definitely in the camp of people who feel like Dany's transition has been just a little too quick. I feel like they spent the whole show establishing a certain idealism with Dany. Yeah, she's power hungry and demands loyalty, but she never stopped talking about how much she cared for the common people. It's just crazy to me that she's suddenly burning children alive as they flee in the streets.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Nah. Her madness has been there the whole time. She fell in love with her rapist. She walked into a fire. She’s fucking her nephew. She’s lost her trusted advisors and no one loves her the way they love Jon. She can’t take anymore. She snapped.

I definitely think Cersei got off too easy. I wanted Arya to do it so bad. But I guess Arya’s going for dany now.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I don't think it was too quick for her. It's not like Dolores in Westworld, they've been working this up for quite a while. Now Jon's got to pay the bill.

Jon is such a vacuous idiot, too, he always looks like he wasnt paying paying attention and is thinking about something else when someone is talking to him. He's the ultimate ditz.

I think Arya earned her plot armor by bot killing Cercei, that's the trade.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Amazing episode! I don't understand the people that have complained about this season being sub-par. Too many people bitch about the table-setting episodes being "slow," but they're just making the episodes like this one and The Long Night that much more impactful and action-packed. I'm also too emotionally drained to express my feelings on this episode at the moment. I thought I knew how things were going to play out, but they've keep me guessing and have never disappointed me!
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 05-13-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Even after reading aaall the spoilers, that was a fucking RIDE. I’ll admit the season’s had a couple of major hang-ups for me (a serious love-hate relationship with plot armor right now), but given that we’re winding down and they’re trying to cram as much as they can into 6 episodes, I’m willing to let it slide and let myself enjoy the sheer production value of this show. I want to say more, but I’m not gonna elaborate any further regarding the final episode. SERIOUSLY, BE SUPER CAREFUL AROUND THE INTERNET THIS WEEK!

Heres to hoping that the 497 spinoffs can carry at least some of the momentum!

On a related note, a resident at the place I work moved out a while back and left behind a complete (well, so far) box set of the book series behind and didn’t claim them after 30 days, so...I now have some reading to do!

Oh and (episode 5 spoiler) Spoiler: CLEGANE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL! I had myself a drink.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I don't necessarily think Cersei & Jamie are dead. If you watch the sit-down with D&D after the episode, they do NOT say that they're dead or that they died at the end of that scene, and they do discuss it in relative depth. And to contrast that, they state clearly that both Cleganes die at the end of their scene.

That would be my only gripe of the episode if that is in fact how they killed off Cersei. She can't die by ROCKS after all the shit she's done on the show. That would be weak.

Sure the good part of my soul is bummed that they decided to write it that Dany has gone in this more evil direction, but it's not like this is some big surprise. They have been teasing the potential for this since season 1.

And to echo @Wretchedest , Jon still truly knows nothing.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It would be cool if definitely uncharacteristic if their fate were left for the audience to decide

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    If they survived that cave in... I'm done.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    wow, that was mighty violent. still digesting it...

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    At this point, we’re all done. This is the end. Only one episode left. I loved last night’s episode even tho nothing I thought would happen did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    It seems clear to me that Martin simply gave them the end point and they fucked up by not putting in the work to justify this outcome. Dany has always been a complex character and had plenty of moments where the ethics of her actions fell into a questionable/morally grey area, but there's nothing the show has set up to make me think, "Yeah, I can totally see Dany butchering hordes of innocent civilians as they flee for their lives in the streets." It's just too extreme of a jump, imo.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The thing that bothered me the most about this series was the assassination of Daenerys's character. She was a fan favorite and a role model for young women for so many years. At least I didn't name a child after her.
    Last edited by Boots; 05-13-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    It seems clear to me that Martin simply gave them the end point and they fucked up by not putting in the work to justify this outcome. Dany has always been a complex character and had plenty of moments where the ethics of her actions fell into a questionable/morally grey area, but there's nothing the show has set up to make me think, "Yeah, I can totally see Dany butchering hordes of innocent civilians as they flee for their lives in the streets." It's just too extreme of a jump, imo.
    It was her conversation with Jon at the start of the episode that sold it for me. She wants to rule through love, but nobody loves her anymore.

Jorrah is dead. Missandrei is dead. Jon might love her, but he's not down with the whole incest thing. The people in the north don't trust her, they trust Jon. Cersei has convinced the city that she's an invading usurper so the people of kings landing hate her. She's lost 2 dragons fighting for the people of Westeros and has nothing to show for it.

So she chose to rule by fear instead. And she's inspiring fear now. She associates herself with freedom and breaking chains, and is too hurt by what's happened to her to realize that stops being true if she rules by fear. The association of herself as a freedom bringer is enabling her to take extreme actions to take power, and is blinding her to how her actions are preventing that from happening.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    It's almost as if she finally snapped after experiencing a series of traumatic events like witnessing the death of several of her closest friends (who were also the ones to constantly talk sense into her and kept her from acting on her worst impulses, by the way) and "children" (her dragons) and filled her with blinding rage, which she acted on once there was no one was left to rein her in. It also runs in the family and has been hinted at many times in the past. I'll be honest and say that I didn't actually think they'd take it this far. Up until this season started I thought they'd probably have her take the throne in the end, but they HAVE been chipping away at how likable and "good" she is for roughly a year now.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 05-13-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm watching for the laughs at this point. In one episode, the Iron Fleet easily takes down a dragon. VERY easily. Last night's episode: One dragon destroys the whole fleet (and fires explosives upon the whole city) very easily. It's like every new episode makes the last one completely useless.

I'm not the kind of person to nitpick on everything. Especially the physics of a fantasy show. But last week they were firing arrows at the dragons almost non-stop. From a boat.

On land, they seemed to struggle getting the weapons ready and the dragon seemed much more powerful now. He could have destroyed that fleet easily last week.

Actually, if her other dragon got killed in last night's episode making Daenerys lose her mind, it would have made more sense.

This is bad writing and it's a shame what happened to this show. It's like they read all good fan-made finales and decided to do the exact opposite just out of spite or ego.

GoT always shocked me somehow. Now what's is shocking is how bad it has become.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    The thing that bothered me the most about this series was the assassination of Daenerys's character. She was a fan favorite and a role model for young women for so many years. At least I didn't name a child after her.
    I don't know how young you meant by "young women," but anyone young enough to be impressionable and easily influenced by a character like this should NOT be watching this show to begin with. Ned Stark was a role model too and they chopped his fucking head off in episode 9. Can anyone REALLY be that surprised? There's a lesson here: Absolute power corrupts absolutely. And power is the ONLY things Daenerys has ever wanted. It even trumped her love of Jon Snow.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I get why they had Dany burn the whole town; it provided a point of no return for her character losing it, but WHY? When the bells rang, why not just ride the dragon up to the red keep and burn it down and call it a day? Just seemed totally unnecessarily.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Apparently this is making the rounds on the net right now:

I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him.
    - Revelation, 6:8

Honestly I still don't know what to think about last night's episode. All I can think about is that Tyrion was the only one looking out for the innocent people. It was heartbreaking to see him stare at that bell, hoping its ringing would save them but no. And in my book, of all the characters that are left, Tyrion is the only one who is worthy of sitting on the Iron Throne.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    The white horse at the end of the episode that Arya is riding off on is shown dead in an earlier shot. People have compared markings and apparently it's the same horse that the Lannister commander was riding (and you see the horse get flung dead onto the ground).

I thought at first that this was implying some kind of death trip for Arya, but who knows. I'm trying to avoid final episode spoilers
    @marodi , they had several shots of Jon trying to stop the slaughter, though they registered as kind of pathetic and impossible in the context. He at least had a few highlighted moments of him "trying to do the right thing."