Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 2159

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Going to hold off on watching the leaks. I enjoyed the first episode though. Should be a very interesting season.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    TV content is getting leaked..we live in crazy times! I just watched 501, and it was great. I can't wait to watch the other three that are out there. It's neat to be able to watch three more right away, but it's also weird to not have any new content for a month (provided the rest don't leak).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i feel like the whole show ended phase one in season 4. all the episodes of season 5 are like a whole restart for every story.

not a diss, just... feels like i started a new show, basically.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    There were 5 supplements on HBO Now for Season 5 when I went to bed last night, this morning there are 7. One of the new ones is:

Spoiler: Anatomy of a Scene: Mance Rayder (4:26)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Question for those who've seen the new eps and read the books: what did Spoiler: Cersei's cousin/lover/newfound religious fanatic allude to when he mentioned he was sorry for the death of Robert Barratheon? Did he kill him? If so, what was the reason? I just really want to know.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    @Millionaire - Spoiler: Lancel was providing Robert with wine on the fatal hunt and it was either stronger than what he was used to or drugged (I can't remember which offhand, too early in the morning here), which lead to the goring. Naturally, this was all planned out by Cersei.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    @slave2thewage Spoiler: Ah, I knew it wasn't entirely just a dumbass accident, even though it was kind of still a dumbass accident.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So I've started to read the fourth book and watched the first two episodes now. Just like seasonsinthesky, it feels to me like the beginning of a new "chapter". The old arc culminated with Tywin's death and now something new has begun. The story moves slower and I guess it's a consequence of the books. I read that people complain that the characters just move around a lot and nothing happens in book 4 and 5, I can see that in Brienne's storyline (thought the horse chase was really well done). Again, I noticed how much Emilia Clarke's acting skills vary with her material. Now that her character faces more problems, her acting got better. I guess the show is setting up these problems, so that Tyrion can give her some needed advice? I like Bashir from Deep Space Nine as Doran Martell, and the introduction of Dorne (and looks of Braavos) are wonderful. It's funny how episode 5;02 still contains content from book 3 (Jon's election).
    Last edited by ambergris; 04-21-2015 at 08:00 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Episodes 5-8 titles:
    "Kill the Boy"
    "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
    "The Gift"
    "Hardhome"

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I've been waiting ages to get into the Faceless Man stuff with Arya, ever since i first saw that Jaqen H'ghar dude show up back in season 2. Freakin' took long enough.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Nooooooooooooo.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I've been avoiding this thread for a long time because people were a little overzealous with spoilers (I recall somebody posting a picture of a golden hand directly after the episode aired in which Jaimie loses his hand...), so I'm glad it seems like everything is tagged well lately. I guess that's all I came in here to say.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    they are really heavily deviating from the books now... Personally, I think it's really interesting how they're going about it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Interesting juxtaposition to talk about the tourney at Harrenhal right after Melisandre wanted to make a new shadow baby with Jon, isn't it? And then they talked about Rhaegar again later that episode....

Is that Tyrion/Jorah storyline from the books? Because if so, I get what people say that in books 4 and 5 the characters just walk around doing nothing. Tyrion gets captured and taken to a place he would have gone to anyway, and Jorah kidnaps Tyrion to get a pardon Daenerys will have to give anyway, because now she needs him again.
    Generally though, I thought the episodes got better and better. The Sansa/Littlefinger scene was unbelievably perfect. Sophie Turner is doing a fantastic job.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The Tyrion/Jorah storyline is in the books but it looks like they're going to go about it differently in the show, time will tell. They are really deviating from the books but I'm digging it for the most part.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    If one more second of screen time is devoted to Missendei and Greyworm...

That aside, great episode. And OMG Spoiler: Best.Proposal.Ever.
    Last edited by Baphomette; 05-11-2015 at 01:50 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    What did StannisSpoiler: say when Jon Snow was proposing to let the free folk join? The word when the Onion Knight turned to him and asked "What?" and Stannis said "Nothing". Its something like "fearless" or "fewer" but I'm not sure what he said.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Looks like Ser Jorah is taking Jon Connington's role on the show.

So far those plot details that leaked are bunk.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    What did StannisSpoiler: say when Jon Snow was proposing to let the free folk join? The word when the Onion Knight turned to him and asked "What?" and Stannis said "Nothing". Its something like "fearless" or "fewer" but I'm not sure what he said.
    he was legit correcting his grammar. I cackled

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    He said "fewer". Not at all relevant to the story; simply a comment on the line spoken just before that. Someone in the room with me asked the same question, but I was already too busy laughing hysterically to answer him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    He said "fewer". Not at all relevant to the story; simply a comment on the line spoken just before that. Someone in the room with me asked the same question, but I was already too busy laughing hysterically to answer him.
    And obviously also a reference to that episode in season 2 (ep. 8?) where Davos made the same grammar mistake and Stannis corrected him

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Looks like Ser Jorah is taking Jon Connington's role on the show.

So far those plot details that leaked are bunk.
    I hope that means Jorah's biting the bullet, because I can't stand his dumb ass. (I haven't read the books.)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I hope that means Jorah's biting the bullet, because I can't stand his dumb ass. (I haven't read the books.)
    I have and he bugs the fuck out of me, too.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^yall mean to lord friendzone :P

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Oh, it's much worse in the books.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I always liked Mormont, and he was always one of the characters that I felt bad for because of how stupidly he tried to get himself out of his dilemmas and how it always ended up screwing him. He's tragically screwed no matter what he does.

I think it's hard not to feel bad for Ser Friendzone
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-13-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    that's exactly why i hate his damn character. let the douchebag pay the worst price for being so arrogantly stupid and be done with his sorry ass (and then fix the white saviour complex too)!

goddamn Mormont was with Joffrey right at the top of my damn hitlist forever

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think Jorah haters give too much credit to Dany though. Its fun to hate characters but even if I disliked him as a character I would still think its dumb that Dany sent him away. You can't buy that kind of loyalty, and the irony that he was spying for someone trying to help her is just LOL. Like I think in concept what she did was alright but her circumstances are so extreme. He was a good advisor and is literally her bitch in a way thats really rare in this universe.

Like..
    Davos to Stannis, Varys to the fucking realm, Brienne to Renly/Cat and Jorah to fucking Dany. That's loyalty. You cant just send it away when you're alone in Mereen. And it was fairly obvious he had given up his spying ways.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    I think Jorah haters give too much credit to Dany though. Its fun to hate characters but even if I disliked him as a character I would still think its dumb that Dany sent him away. You can't buy that kind of loyalty, and the irony that he was spying for someone trying to help her is just LOL. Like I think in concept what she did was alright but her circumstances are so extreme. He was a good advisor and is literally her bitch in a way thats really rare in this universe.
    I would've lost respect for Dany had she NOT sent him away. She demonstrated how much she'd grown, that she trusted herself enough to send away this person on whom she had relied on so heavily and she wasn't swayed by his declaration of love. Additionally, although the last time he reported to Varys was while she was still with Drogo, don't forget that Spoiler: in the books, his last report to Varys is sent while they were in Q'arth. And Varys was NOT helping Dany in Season 1. He was helping Viserys. (The order to have Dany poisoned was sent before Viserys was killed and I think Jorah's intervention was partly motivated by the fact that Dany was now the last Targ. I mean, his love for her was probably the main factor but he was also protecting the side of his bread that was buttered.)

And about him being a good advisor, I don't entirely agree. He told her to run when Drogo was dying, he told her to sell her eggs instead of placing them on the pyre, he strongly urged her to leave Q'arth without her dragons; and he initially suggested she not take Yunkai. He may have had her best interest at heart but a good advisor? Yeeeeeeah... no.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    thank you for summarizing what a dick he is!