Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What's this concert footage? (UPDATE: It's Further Down the Spiral, and IT'S HERE!)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

What's this concert footage?

Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I'm still mad we didn't call any of the with_teeth bootlegs "flip flop flip flop flip"
    But this isn't a bootleg. This is an unreleased official recording.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I hope something is happening behind the scenes and this guy hasn't gone AWOL.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    But this isn't a bootleg. This is an unreleased official recording.
    Does that mean "I got my NIN on a spring-ah" is still an option?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Holy shit, this would be amazing.
    Please let this come to fruition!!!!

I've always wondered where the rest of that footage went, and why it never surfaced as it's own live concert video!
    Hope something comes of this.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    if this was the Faith No More scene, the guy woulda went AWOL by now and the vid would never surface.....Hopefully this has a different outcome

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Man, if nothing happens with this, starting this thread is a pretty dick move

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    if this was the Faith No More scene, the guy woulda went AWOL by now and the vid would never surface.....Hopefully this has a different outcome
    Please elaborate - big FNM fan here...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    theres a 90 minute pro shot of FNM from their 1991 south America tour..pristine quality..only 1 person has it, he's in Germany and he refuses to let it out...he wouldn't even let the band members have it when they requested it....

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    theres a 90 minute pro shot of FNM from their 1991 south America tour..pristine quality..only 1 person has it, he's in Germany and he refuses to let it out...he wouldn't even let the band members have it when they requested it....
    Translation: he lost it and won't admit it. That's my bet, anyway.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nobies View Post
    Can someone tell me the history of this Simon Maxwell concert film? From what I'm hearing Trent hired Maxwell to shoot a concert film of the Self Destruct Tour, Trent said "no manches" and then had it recut into Closure?
    Essentially. I believe the original plan was to make a full length home video live release that would have been along the lines of Beside You In Time. Trent thought Simon's results were too polished, so he dispensed with everything but "Wish", "Eraser" and "Hurt", which became the live music videos on the second tape/disc of Closure. What wound up on the first tape/disc was completely different footage that was being shot by people (i.e. Jonathan Rach) who were traveling along with the NIN camp at the time. It's not really clear if that footage was being shot all that time with the intention of making a film or if it was just for the sake of making some "home movies".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought they recorded eraser and hurt before the actual concert to keep audience volume down? I'd be psyched to see a whole other performance of hurt pro shot style.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. They must have filmed two performances of each of those songs, I guess.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    "Got Me A Big Old Dick"
    Best title ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's this concert footage?

Also, a couple years ago a snippet of "The Seagull Song" from the Angel Dust sessions surfaced. Whoever posted it claimed that they had found a demo tape with that song at a garage sale and would share it online. They quickly disappeared.

The band's response was that it shouldn't be released because it wasn't very good in their opinions. Of course during the YouTube interview where they laughed it off, they teased having a HQ version that they could easily release.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    One of the possibilities listed was Pittsburgh 1994. That was my first NIN show and trust me when I say that I can verify if that was the one because I remember it vividly (and I later found an audio recording that has verified my memories). Two things. 1. Before Closer did he make a speech about this being the closest thing he has to a hometown crowd and 2. Did someone get on stage and yell into the microphone during Dead Souls? If the answer to those is no then it's not Pittsburgh.

That is however the exact set list he played at that show. There are slight variations in different shows on that tour. Some shows got Ruiner, some got The Only Time and a couple got neither. Also some shows have I Do Not Want This as the second to last song and others don't.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I hope something is happening behind the scenes and this guy hasn't gone AWOL.
    you posted this only 28 hours after he started the thread. A bit soon to start worrying.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    He sounds like a dick!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    He sounds like a dick!
    He's the scourge of the FNM scene lol

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That FNO stuff reminds me of the whole Martin Atkins/Pretty Hate Machine demo tape thing a few years ago with the demo versions of Terrible Lie and Sin, which we'll probably never hear now. This guy sounds like he wants to share, especially since it's been so long, but obviously it's not going to happen overnight. I'm sure Matt and Dave will do all they can to get this tape out to us, even if it takes a while. Hell, we've waited this long! I'm just excited about soundboard recordings of some of these songs, especially Mr Self Destruct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Also, some possible dates from the point in the tour that NINwiki has no info on, after they dropped Ruiner from the setlist:

1995/01/22 Evansville, IN
    great show, would be nice to have footage from this one!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been hoping that a pro shot concert from this tour would eventually surface at some point. thanks in advance to everyone working on getting this out here to all of us. this is why the NIN community is the best on the planet!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    OK, I'm back. Apologies, but August, being August, is full of little inconveniences like family holidays. I can see a lot of you are pretty hyped about this footage, and I don't want to be stringing people along with it. I'm heading into town right now with the VHS (in an attache case cabled to my wrist) to see about getting it converted. After that I'm quite happy to distribute it by whichever means is considered the most quick, efficient and legal. Not sure how long the conversion will take - I guess it won't be while-u-wait - so bear with me again.

I'm just hoping the quality hasn't degraded.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Distribution will probably never be fully "legal". Someone (probably Interscope) likely still owns the rights to this particular footage. That said, Nine Inch Nails are very unlikely to protest over the release of something like this, so I wouldn't lose sleep over the legality if I were you. Trent himself even shared DVD-quality versions of the Broken Movie and Closure, pro-shot 1080p footage of three 2008 gigs for fans to edit, as well as a 3-disc Greatest Hits collection on The Pirate Bay (which is used by a lot of NIN fans) a couple of years ago. I honestly know few artists as cool and down-to-earth as Trent when it comes to stuff like this. Getting it out on the torrent circuit is most definitely the easiest and most efficient way. And, though it may not be legal per se, it'd also be an inconsequential way for you to do it.

If using The Pirate Bay still doesn't sit right with you (something I fully understand), you'd probably want to get in touch with @RITCNIN. As far as NIN live recordings go, his site is pretty much the cream of the crop. Your tape would still be well-distributed among NIN fans this way, but attracting less attention than it would on The Pirate Bay. For better or for worse.
    Last edited by Fred; 08-16-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton Canes View Post
    After that I'm quite happy to distribute it by whichever means is considered the most quick, efficient and legal.
    Not a lawyer; can't speak on legal. But for quick and efficient: @RITCNIN is who you're looking for. Contact him here, or through the site he runs: http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com/

This will quickly and efficiently lead to the video being available in both direct download and torrent forms (as well as Youtube, most likely) on a well-known (among NIN fans) site that doesn't require anything - not even an email address - in order to access the content there.

edit: yeah, all of that was just said in the post above. Which I probably should have read first, except I was too damn excited to be bothered. So just consider this a second vote; a reinforcement that the aforementioned advice is sound.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    OK, I'm back. Apologies, but August, being August, is full of little inconveniences like family holidays. I can see a lot of you are pretty hyped about this footage, and I don't want to be stringing people along with it. I'm heading into town right now with the VHS (in an attache case cabled to my wrist) to see about getting it converted. After that I'm quite happy to distribute it by whichever means is considered the most quick, efficient and legal. Not sure how long the conversion will take - I guess it won't be while-u-wait - so bear with me again.

I wish I could like this post more than once.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thank you so much in advance.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Do you accept payment in blowjobs? Out of cash, bought NIN tickets.

nohomo, just want this video.

In other news, we'll probably get this video released before AAISAD bluray.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    If using The Pirate Bay still doesn't sit right with you (something I fully understand), you'd probably want to get in touch with @RITCNIN. As far as NIN live recordings go, his site is pretty much the cream of the crop. Your tape would still be well-distributed among NIN fans this way, but attracting less attention than it would on The Pirate Bay. For better or for worse.
    I'd say the best approach would be to get it into the hands of yourfutureenemy. Should the wrong feathers get ruffled, I'd hate to see RITC brought down. YFE on the other hand is just some account on TPB.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I hadn't considered that TPB user, but yeah, @ItsJustDave has a very good point there.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    *bump* Any updates to share, Norton Canes?