Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38
Results 1,111 to 1,136 of 1136

Thread: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    We had a "Good Bye Breaking Bad" mini-party for the last episode (themed drinks & food), this weekend we're going to do a mini-party again for the movie. I'm excited!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    What time does Netflix update? Anyone know if this is gonna be a midnight on the 11th or sometime tomorrow?

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Midnight PST is what I heard. And that's what they did with Black Mirror, too, so that sounds right.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I guess I'm going to have to stay off the entire internet until i watch it saturday evening. ha ha.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I'm seeing it in the theater Friday night and as of tonight at midnight I am staying away from pretty much everything on the internet. Ha ha

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Seeing this and Joker in the same theater over the weekend. I really hope it delivers!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    just started watching El Camino!

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I wasn't really happy when they announced the movie. I wasn't really excited when it was just a week away. Still watched it now. Aaaand... nothing, really. Not bad, not exceptionally good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fun movie, a nice epilogue. Never doubted they would do something cool and never ever put the legacy at risk. And I was right, this is freaking cool.

Just watch it and enjoy the ride, the easter eggs, the callbacks...

Still think BB is the best TV series ever.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    i liked the film. it was well done & gave jesse a bit of closure. no spoilers from me!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Nice film, a good epilogue for the show.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I liked the film a lot, but it was essentially pointless.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I liked the film a lot, but it was essentially pointless.
    Not true.

Spoiler: It is a continuation of the aftermath of Walter White and what the Nazi's put Jesse through, as well as a final send-off for the character. In the final episode of the TV show, the final shot is Jesse driving away in the El Camino screaming, where here the final shot is Jesse driving away happily into the Alaskan wilderness. El Camino was about Jesse moving past the trauma and FINALLY finding the freedom he's been searching for the entire series. I don't think that is very pointless

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Not true.

Spoiler: It is a continuation of the aftermath of Walter White and what the Nazi's put Jesse through, as well as a final send-off for the character. In the final episode of the TV show, the final shot is Jesse driving away in the El Camino screaming, where here the final shot is Jesse driving away happily into the Alaskan wilderness. El Camino was about Jesse moving past the trauma and FINALLY finding the freedom he's been searching for the entire series. I don't think that is very pointless
    I get all of that, but in the end we are left with a feeling that Jesse made it out. That was the whole point of the ending scene of Jesse driving away in the series finale. This film just explains what happened after that, but leaves you with the same feeling in the end. Again, I really enjoyed it and will likely watch it again whenever I rewatch the series, but for me it felt more like an epilogue to an already complete story, rather than its own thing, which is totally fine.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I get all of that, but in the end we are left with a feeling that Jesse made it out. That was the whole point of the ending scene of Jesse driving away in the series finale.
    See, I kinda disagree with that, because, at least for me, seeing Jesse driving away never meant that Jesse was free. It always felt, to me, that Jesse had just finally gotten free from THAT situation, but of course he wasn't free. You knew that the cops would be after him, you knew he'd have no place to go, you knew he'd be emotionally fucked up after literally everything that happened for the 5 seasons proceeding the end. So I would say that El Camino DID have a point, in that was able to naturally progress the final episode to a more thorough and fulfilling end.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My girl and I watched it tonight and we both thought it was great. It felt like two episodes that could've closed out the final season. The way they left it off with Jesse escaping in the final episode left a lot of unanswered questions. To me, THIS is less of a movie and more of the proper ending to the series as to me this series was always about Walter AND Jesse. Walter's story felt complete whereas Jesse's did not... until now.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Last night the wife and I watched El Camino. Did I like it? Yes. Do I think it was needed? Not necessarily.

I enjoyed it as a whole, but it played out like two episodes meshed together than an actual movie.

Glad to see Jesses story play out and glad we got closure. Good to see Cranston’s cameo along with Mike, Jane, Badger and Skinny Pete.

Great cinematography by Gilligan.

I woke up today with a slight twinge of mourning for Breaking Bad. Now, other than Better Call Saul, we may never see anything breaking bad related again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

I am enjoying their Mezcal though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I thought it was alright. I was disappointed in it's absolute practicality. In a way, this is much more of an apocryphal story that fills in the blanks about Jesse and where his arc landed.

The story sort of shots the bed in the second half. It stops being about Jesse's character growth. He physically literally escapes, but the movie cares less about his emotional journey, and so he neither escapes not recovers that way and we aren't made to care.

Given how well the show ended i see this as a bit of a net negative.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Enjoyed El Camino and I had really forgotten how great rhe cunematography was on BB. It did seem like Jesse's 180 from "beaten dog" to "man on a mission" was a bit rushed though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    That was just kind of meh.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.

Just kind of meh.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    The movie lived up to my high hopes. I loved breaking bad so I was very happy about this movie. Not going to go into detail, but I would highly recommend watching it. 9/10
    Last edited by Rdm; 10-14-2019 at 11:48 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I really liked it. In the closing episodes of BB, Walter got to wrap up his loose ends, now it was Jessie’s turn.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I didn't realize this about the pizza, but now that they explained it in a earlier episode - it's like ohhhhh yeahhhhh, duh!

https://www.looper.com/243384/the-br...we-all-missed/

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I didn't realize this about the pizza, but now that they explained it in a earlier episode - it's like ohhhhh yeahhhhh, duh!

https://www.looper.com/243384/the-br...we-all-missed/
    I always questioned why it was never cut! That's awesome... Completely forgot about that scene in season 4.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)