Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1136

Thread: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    How/when was Walt able to poison Brock with the Lilly of the Valley towards the end of 4th season? He is only in Jesse's house for less than a minute when he comes over and Brock and Andrea are there.

Ive been watching the series again and this has been bugging me.
    I believe Saul did it for him since he was getting closer to Andrea and Brock. Sometime in Season 5 Saul pretty explicitly stated (or hinted) to Walt he was unhappy with having had to do it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    I believe Saul did it for him since he was getting closer to Andrea and Brock. Sometime in Season 5 Saul pretty explicitly stated (or hinted) to Walt he was unhappy with having had to do it.
    Yeah I remember that part, when he was telling Walt he had Huey lift it off of Jesse, with his "hot dog" like fingers lol.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    you guys are jerks.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    you guys are jerks.
    ?????

10 chr

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    By bumping the thread I thought maybe there was some news!!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The greatest moment of this show nobody talks about in great detail is when Mike briefly but instinctively pulls his gun on Fring in the first episode of the fourth season.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So the ten year anniversary of this wonderful show that was as close to perfect as you can get is coming up. Let’s discuss.

This is in my Top 10 scenes. For me it’s the moment Walt transforms into Heisenberg:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Such a great show. A top fiver for me, for sure. Maybe even my #1. Regardless of ranking, “Walter White” has got to be the character with the greatest arc in the history of television.

Now I want to re-watch the whole thing again...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    Such a great show. A top fiver for me, for sure. Maybe even my #1. Regardless of ranking, “Walter White” has got to be the character with the greatest arc in the history of television.

This show and Oz are the only ones I’ve watched from beginning to end three separate times.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    This show and Oz are the only ones I’ve watched from beginning to end three separate times.
    I've seen the first season of Breaking Bad so many times I could care less if I ever see that season again.

2 > 4 > 5> 6> 1 > 3

Yes, I'm a season 3 hater.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Ok, now I have to rank seasons, too. ha ha

4>3>5.2>2>1>5.1

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Sooo I finally (I know, I get this backlash all the time) started watching this last week and Holy shit... I finished season 1 last night and started 2. Cranston is fucking amazing in this role, and the supporting cast is excellent to boot. It comes with this real feeling, but also feels sort of slapstick at times. Cannot wait to see what unfolds in this world of epic craziness.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    If anyone had to rank the seasons... Where would you put them? I am currently on episode 11 of season 4. So far I would go:

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    If anyone had to rank the seasons... Where would you put them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    So the ten year anniversary of this wonderful show that was as close to perfect as you can get is coming up. Let’s discuss.

This is in my Top 10 scenes. For me it’s the moment Walt transforms into Heisenberg:

What a scene ! Walt’s expression is something else . Cranston is a master .

What i love about this scence is that moments before he threatened the “others” he offered to help one of them by giving him purchassing advice ,a second later his “Heisenberg” kicked in and he walked out to confront them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Breaking Bad: Music From The Original Series Albuquerque Crystal Coloured Numbered 5x10” Vinyl Boxset

Breaking Bad is one of the most critically acclaimed television shows of all time. Following its premiere in 2008, the show’s five- season run won 16 Emmy Awards and earned 58 nominations and continues to appeal to new fans every day in over 170 territories worldwide. The series follows the story of Walter White, a desperate man who turns to a life of crime to secure his family’s financial future, and is supported by an impressive soundtrack. Music from a variety of styles and decades can be heard throughout the 5 seasons of the series.

Breaking Bad remains as relevant as ever today, with Sony Pictures Television celebrating its 10th anniversary all year long this year. In celebration of this milestone, Music on Vinyl is releasing a box set of 5 x 10” vinyl in 5 different jackets, containing the definitive collection of Breaking Bad songs, including tracks by Badfinger, Calexico, America, Fever Ray, Apparat, Marty Robbins, Vince Guaraldi, The Peddlers and many more. Also included are iconic character dialogue snippets from Walter, Jesse, Skyler, Mike, Gus and Saul, among others.

The 10th Anniversary Breaking Bad package is housed in a lift off box-set with the Breaking Bad logo in a special drip-off varnish on front. Inside the box you’ll find an exclusive Breaking Bad poster and a special “Los Pollos Hermanos” plastic ID badge. The box also includes a 24-page booklet with exclusive pictures and extensive liner notes by Thomas Golubić, Breaking Bad’s music supervisor. The set is available in a limited edition of 5.000 individually numbered copies on Albuquerque crystal (transparent with a hint of turquoise) vinyl.

10TH ANNIVERSARY OF BREAKING BAD

THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION OF SONGS FEATURED IN THE FIVE SEASONS OF BREAKING BAD

5X10” VINYL IN 5 DIFFERENT JACKETS, EACH 10” REPRESENTING ONE SEASON

LIFT OFF BOX SET WITH BREAKING BAD LOGO ON FRONT WITH SPECIAL DRIP-OFF VARNISH

EXCLUSIVE BREAKING BAD POSTER

EXCLUSIVE “LOS POLLOS HERMANOS” PLASTIC ID BADGE
    24-PAGE BOOKLET WITH EXCLUSIVE PICTURES AND EXTENSIVE LINER NOTES BY THOMAS GOLUBIĆ, MUSIC SUPERVISOR OF BREAKING BAD

LIMITED EDITION OF 5.000 INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED COPIES ON ALBUQUERQUE CRYSTAL (TRANSPARENT WITH A HINT OF TURQUOISE) VINYL

ALL THE ESSENTIAL BREAKING BAD SONGS BY BADFINGER, CALEXICO, FAR EAST MOVEMENT, AMERICA, FEVER RAY, APPARAT, WHITEY, KNIFE PARTY, THE PEDDLERS AND OTHERSCHARACTER DIALOGUE SNIPPETS BY WALTER, JESSE, SKYLER, MIKE, GUS, SAUL AND MANY MORE

SIDE A
    01 Dave Porter - Breaking Bad Main Title Theme (Extended)
    02 Rodrigo y Gabriela - Tamacun
    03 Working For a Nuclear Free City - Dead Fingers Talking
    04 Glen Phillips - The Hole
    05 WALT JR. - BAND AIDS (Dialogue Snippet)
    06 Darondo - Didn’t I

SIDE B
    01 Mick Harvey - Out Of Time Man The In Crowd - Mango Walk
    02 Ticklah - Nine Years
    03 Fujiya & Miyagi - Uh / SKINNY PETE - SPELLING (Dialogue Snippet)
    04 The Silver Seas - Catch Yer Own Train

SIDE C
    01 The Walkmen - Red Moon / MARIE SCHRADER - SUPERMARKET (Dialogue Snippet)
    02 The Be Good Tanyas - Waiting Around To Die
    03 Los Cuates de Sinaloa - Negro Y Azul: The Ballad Of Heisenberg Calexico - Banderilla

SIDE E
    01 GUSTAVO FRING - $3 MILLION (Dialogue Snippet) / Chuy Flores - Pollos Hermanos Veneno
    02 Los Zafiros - He Venido
    03 Vince Guaraldi & Bola Sete - Ginza Samba
    04 Teddybears feat. Eve - Rocket Scientist

SIDE F
    01 Prince Fatty - Shimmy Shimmy Ya
    02 Son of Dave - Shake A Bone
    03 The Association - Windy / SAUL GOODMAN - PRICING (Dialogue Snippet)
    04 Quartetto Cetra - Crapa Pelada
    05 America - A Horse With No Name

SIDE G
    01 Alexander - Truth
    02 Ana Tijoux - 1977 / SKYLER WHITE - QUICKEN (Dialogue Snippet)
    03 Bang Data - Bang Data 4Fever Ray - If I Had a Heart

SIDE H
    01 JESSE PINKMAN - HOSPITAL (Dialogue Snippet)
    02 Apparat - Goodbye
    03 Thee Oh Sees - Tidal Wave / SAUL GOODMAN - SLOPPY SECONDS (Dialogue Snippet)
    04 Taalbi Brothers - Freestyle

SIDE I
    01 Whitey - Stay On The Outside / MIKE EHRMANTRAUT - JESSE JAMES (Dialogue Snippet)
    02 The Peddlers - On A Clear Day You Can See Forever
    03 Knife Party - Bonfire

SIDE J
    01 Tommy James & The Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
    02 The Limeliters - Take My True Love By The Hand / HANK SCHRADER - ASAC SCHRADER (Dialogue Snippet)
    03 Marty Robbins - El Paso Badfinger

Available November 30th, 2018
    $107.99

Order here:
    https://www.recordstore.co.uk/record...et/5YEK0000000
    Last edited by neorev; 09-23-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Can you imagine how monumentally lame it would've been if they ended Breaking Bad and then said "surprise, we're actually giving Bryan Cranston his own made-for-TV movies that take place apart from the events of the series but continuing the main series without him in it?"
    AMC. Jesus Christ. Why the fuck did I open my mouth? (Granted there’s no word as to what it’s about, but there’s absolutely no reason for this to exist.)

Breaking Bad movie is coming because fuck you.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm in

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    AMC. Jesus Christ. Why the fuck did I open my mouth? (Granted there’s no word as to what it’s about, but there’s absolutely no reason for this to exist.)

Breaking Bad movie is coming because fuck you.
    Yeah, I gotta say, Vince Gilligan has given me no reason to doubt him at this point. We don't know yet if it even has anything to do with Walt (my guess is probably not). My first thought was that it could be about Jesse. Or maybe a similar type of story with unrelated characters? I'm definitely going to wait until I learn more about it before making any judgements, but I'm a huge fan of The X-Files, Breaking Bad, and Better Call Saul, so as far as I'm concerned, he's earned the benefit of the doubt. If you turn out to be right, I agree that will rob Breaking Bad of its perfect ending a bit.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Well...

A prequel isn't necessary, we already have Better Call Saul and i don't care to see a Walt story pre-Heisenberg.
    A sequel would be uncalled for, i like the ending the way it is ...maybe you can tell a "Pinkman story", but even that sounds forced.

So i'm not excited, but i'm curious because "Better Call saul" has been excellent so far...

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I mean, on the one hand, this seems totally unnecessary and dipping into the well too many times usually doesn't turn out well.

On the OTHER hand, in Gilligan we trust. So.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Maybe AMC was going to do it no matter what because it's probably the most successful show they've ever had and rather than let them fuck it up, Vince decided he'd try to make it work as best as he could.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I have no issue with a prequel/sequel/whatever. Better Call Saul is a genius prequel. When I first heard about Better Call Saul, I was like "Oh no, don't do it." But Vince delivered, proved me wrong, and it's amazing. So I trust him to make it right. So bring it on. Anything is better than more Walking Dead on AMC, that show is terrible.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm at least happy that they took a moment to say something regarding what this will be about, because I'm pretty sure the movie announcement coming the day after the Walking Dead's movie announcement was leaving a gross taste in some people's mouths. Mine included. I trust Vince, and enjoyed what I've seen of BCS, but so help me god if Walter White comes back in anything other than a flashback...

I just wish that more things that stood perfectly fine on their own would be left as they were. Or that another new and equally compelling story would come about instead. We don't need to bring dead shows back to life every 5 years, but - such is Hollywood. Fingers are crossed that this lives up to expectations, but reservations are definitely being kept.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-07-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm happy for sequels and prequels but it REALLY waters down how potent the series is by adding supplemental material.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm happy for sequels and prequels but it REALLY waters down how potent the series is by adding supplemental material.
    I don't know, I think the argument could be made that Better Call Saul has added replay value to Breaking Bad. I think my desire to re-watch Breaking Bad (and my enjoyment of the episodes that I have re-watched) has increased because of how well all of the tertiary characters and their backstories have been developed. There's so much to watch for and little details and things you may have missed the first time around that BCS continues to dole out. Maybe it's just me, though. If they fuck this up, then yes, it will have detracted from the BB legacy.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I ALWAYS wanted to know what Jesse did or happened to him after that brutal torture he went through before Walt saved him. It can be a really impactful plot and even more character development for Jesse since they really put him through the ringer in the entire series. A part of me wishes they just left well enough alone since the finale was pretty much a perfect sendoff in my opinion.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-13-2019 at 10:53 PM.