Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallos View Post
    oh cmon....
    Blame AMC for that. They wanted the 5th season to only have 8 episodes and then be finished but they were able to make a deal where it'll be 16 episodes over 2 years.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I really don't know why would AMC pull some shit like that, besides Breaking Bad, Mad Men is really the only decent show they got left.

Walking Dead is just alright, miles away from the quality of the above mentioned.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Yeah, that would have been ridiculous. But, ultimately, we got a 16 episode final season, which is even better than 13. And Gilligan is getting to end it when he wants, on his terms, so that's also a great thing (though I don't know why AMC would ever cancel Breaking Bad, but I'm glad it's not going down that way). And I'm kind of glad it's separated into two- this way, we still have more to look forward to next year.
    Last edited by theruiner; 03-13-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm totally okay with this decision, as I'll be able now to watch it with the rest of the world as it happens. 5 is a good number of seasons for a show like this. Six Feet Under and The Wire, arguably HBO's finest shows ever lasted for 5 seasons and it somehow all fit without never feeling like it overstayed it's welcome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    why not call it season 5 and 6? they'll have to end the first 8 episodes with a cliffhanger of some sort anyway. this just seems like an excuse to film significantly less episodes each year while extending AMC's hype a little longer.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I'm re-watching season two right now. Man, even when not much is happening on this show it still manages to be really entertaining and keeps your interest.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I still cry when I watch season 1 episode 4. The part where Skyler breaks down during the meal out back and Walt finally has to tell the others that he has cancer. Such a well done scene. I love this show.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^You know what scene really got me? *spoilers for season four* Spoiler: The scene where Walt is talking to Walt Jr., the day after his fight with Jesse, and he starts crying and saying he's sorry. And you know that he's talking to Walt Jr., but he's also talking about Jesse, because he realizes their friendship is now fucked. Man, maybe Cranston's best moment of the series, which is saying something.

Spoiler: Also, Jesse's monologue at the twelve-step group in "Problem Dog" was incredibly moving. Maybe Aaron Paul's best moment of the series.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I don't know why but something tells me Walt's cancer will make a return in these "two" final seasons...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallos View Post
    I don't know why but something tells me Walt's cancer will make a return in these "two" final seasons...

Yeah, I mean with season 4 they wrapped up a lot of story arcs that have been there since season 1, with the exception of the cancer. The only other loose ends are Hank discovering Walt is Hisenberg, and what is going to happen with Mike. They just kind of left him in Mexico while the rest of the gus story got wrapped up.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^Yeah, I think Hank finding out about Walt is probably going to be the big storyline of the season. Maybe Walt will end up on the run, with Hank and the DEA on his trail. That would be an awesome way to go out.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    ^^Yeah, I think Hank finding out about Walt is probably going to be the big storyline of the season. Maybe Walt will end up on the run, with Hank and the DEA on his trail. That would be an awesome way to go out.
    Not just Hank, but Jesse. I think he's going to figure out that Walt poisoned Brock and then all hell is going to break loose. I'll bet anything that Walt dies at the end of the season, but it won't be from the cancer. Which will be the ultimate irony.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What's still dangling out there? Uh, spoilers, but if spoilers should be expected at this point.

* Walt's medical condition, cancer likely to return
    * Mike's medical condition, recovery from his injuries in Mexico but there've also been some hints he may have his own chronic illness situation to deal with.
    * Hank's pursuit of Heisenberg, on-going. Walt's already convinced Hank that Gale wasn't Heisenberg, and no way will Hank think Gus or Tyrus were him, which means he's going to be sorting through the mountain of evidence left in the wake of Gus's death. Hank's not likely to find many more administrative obstacles in his path now that he was more or less shown to be right on his earlier suspicion of Fring. And SOMEBODY both blew up Gus and torched the super-lab.
    * Walt's secrets kept from Jesse regarding both the Jane and Brock incidents. Of course these never need to come out, but they'd destroy the current shaky truce between the pair.
    * Repercussions for the death of Gus and disruption of the supply chain. These could be from Mike, local dealers, previously unaccounted-for cartel activity, plus the law enforcement response, who'll find the destroyed lab, sure, and may even run across some blue meth somewhere in the supply chain. But they may also pull phone logs, internet logs, and what if Gus or Tyrus had saved any footage from the lab camera? Back to Hank's pursuit of Walt in any case.
    * What else can Marie make purple?
    * Ted. In addition to Skyler getting upset and probably taking the wrong idea about his incident, unless Saul's guys are as "top" as he claims, there's a pretty good chance any investigator worth his salt is going to find Ted's checkbook, which should have the stub for his payment to the IRS...and right before that, a check, in the same amount, to Skyler White. And then, wait, where did Ted get this money that he used to get himself out of tax trouble? Isn't that inheritance a remarkably precise and convenient quantity? We don't yet even know what happened to the body.
    * Following from the previous point, let's just put it out there that Skyler and Walt's gambling winnings story isn't going to stand up.
    * There may or may not still be the largely unexplored matter of Gus's secret Chilean past. It may be a discarded thread—not significant, Gus is dead, the writers were unsure about it or decided to go another way. Or maybe the writers have figured out a way to keep it significant.
    * Walt's kind of broke, again. He no longer has a lab (or R.V.), but the Albuquerque meth market is kind of wide open at this point. Sooo...
    * We still don't know what Walt Jr. will be eating for breakfast tomorrow.

Anything else?
    Last edited by Corvus T. Cosmonaut; 03-19-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hank is definitely going to find out at some point. Season's going to be two parts. So, maybe Hank catches on in the first half and whatever he decides to after that in the second. And I think Mike's going to avenge Gus. He did beat the crap out of Walk for suggesting killing Gus. He was responsible for the cameras too.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Why would Mike avenge Gus? He thumped Walt for suggesting that he ought to turn against his employer, because Walt claimed to know what the situation was and that he and Mike were in the same boat together. And Mike wanted to point out that, no, they're not in the same boat together, and that Walt was being an asshole. It wasn't like he's got a special love for Gus and had to stand up for him: he was saying, "No Walter, now, now you're down there in the fetal position, now I've kicked your idea to turn against Gus in the ass, NOW I think we have an understanding, and I don't want to hear it again."

It's possible Mike has some kind of instruction for cleaning up evidence and setting affairs in order in the event of Gus's death, but I don't see Mike going out of his way to avenge the death of Gus. It's not in his character, and it would be way too easy.

Also, where is it said that Mike was responsible for the camera? That sounds like Gus, too.
    Last edited by Corvus T. Cosmonaut; 03-19-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The cameras appeared right after the "fight" in the bar. Which led me to believe that he told Gus, which led to all of the cameras in the lab.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, one could just as easily say that the camera appeared right after Walt began obviously carrying a gun. Or that it appeared within an appreciable time-frame following Gale's murder.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Wait until the end.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Wait until the end.
    HAHAHA WOOOOAH!!

I wonder how many people will actually see this trailer on ABC and have no idea what he's there for and what he even means.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Hahaha, that's pretty good

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus T. Cosmonaut View Post
    * Mike's medical condition, recovery from his injuries in Mexico but there've also been some hints he may have his own chronic illness situation to deal with.
    Where is his illness hinted at? I haven't noticed

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's cool to see the goatee back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Where is his illness hinted at? I haven't noticed
    He was coughing a few times over multiple episodes. I remember it specifically in Shotgun when they're at one of the dead drops. It's just coughing but people think it'll mean something because if he coughed that much during the shoot they'd probably redo it so it's probably scripted in.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Mike is an awesome character. Good to see Jonathan Banks getting his due in this role. The "Half Measures" speech was an incredible moment in a show full of them.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    HAHAHA WOOOOAH!!

I wonder how many people will actually see this trailer on ABC and have no idea what he's there for and what he even means.
    My guess would be that he's on the show for an episode or two.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    *spoilers for season four in this article...just in case you haven't seen it*

Aaron Paul confirms the show will come back in July.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Anyone want to start putting bets on the Season 5 opening scene?

I say Gus flashback.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    "previously on AMC's Breaking Bad"...

btw, maybe it's just me, but i kinda think that rewind they do at the start of every episode breaks the immersion for me, i don't why...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Anyone want to start putting bets on the Season 5 opening scene?

I say Gus flashback.
    According to the leaked script (which may or may not be legit, but it looks like it is), it's Spoiler: Walt leaving a hospital, and about to meet with Jesse when he's interrupted by Hank.