Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Who would've though Nazis could be such dicks???

Seriously though, fucking amazing episode. Maybe the best of this new season thus far (such a hard call though). Robert Forster was brilliant.

I've got a feeling some "grey matter" is going to be spilled next ep...

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Todd has filled the empty sociopathic gap in my life produced by that crappy last season of Dexter. I actually wish Todd got another season of screen time.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Todd has filled the empty sociopathic gap in my life produced by that crappy last season of Dexter. I actually wish Todd got another season of screen time.
    Dexter should have jumped ahead like 15 years at some point and cast Todd as Harrison

Todd is one of my favorite but also absolutely the most HATED character I've ever seen on TV. He is completely void of any sympathy for anyone, and I fucking love it. I hope he dies very slowly and painfully, but I fucking love him.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 09-23-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    Lydia is such a weasel.
    Agreed, among all the characters on this show, she is who I want to meet a terrible demise, the most. She's driven by greed, makes demands involving murder in the name of self-preservation (and profit), yet, wants nothing to do with the "dirty work." This is epitomized by her requiring Todd to cover her eyes and walk her over the corpses after the meth lab shoot-out. There have been many bad people in this show, but, at least all of them got their hands dirty and didn't merely stand back, idly, and demand others kill while the turned away and acted like they were above it all. There's nothing redeeming, or likable, about her.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    uh... well then...
    Refresh my memory. What was this from?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Agreed, among all the characters on this show, she is who I want to meet a terrible demise, the most. She's driven by greed, makes demands involving murder in the name of self-preservation (and profit), yet, wants nothing to do with the "dirty work." This is epitomized by her requiring Todd to cover her eyes and walk her over the corpses after the meth lab shoot-out. There have been many bad people in this show, but, at least all of them got their hands dirty and didn't merely stand back, idly, and demand others kill while the turned away and acted like they were above it all. There's nothing redeeming, or likable, about her.
    You also just described walt!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Refresh my memory. What was this from?
    A Funny Or Die video. http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/331...t-happens-next

I like this one a lot better though: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/636...s-breaking-bad

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    interesting... someone said it was from the Tremors TV show (which Dean Norris is in). These are awesome!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    NYT publishes fictional Sorkin column referenced in Breaking Bad 'Granite State' episode

On the latest episode of “Breaking Bad” (reviewed here on Boing Boing), cameo-ing TV presenter Charlie Rose referenced a column by Andrew Ross Sorkin in The New York Times. The real New York Times today published an excerpt from that fictional column.
    A spokesman for Gray Matter said, “We don’t comment on rumors and speculation.” Mr. White could not be reached for comment.
    http://boingboing.net/2013/09/23/bre...on-5-ep-3.html

>

Breaking Bad: The Gray Matter of Charity

By ANDREW ROSS SORKINOn “Breaking Bad” on Sunday night, Charlie Rose referred to a column by Andrew Ross Sorkin in The New York Times. Here is an excerpt from that fictional column:

It may be charitable to describe Elliott and Gretchen Schwartz as philanthropists.
    Last week, the founders of Gray Matter Technologies gave a $28 million grant to create a drug abuse treatment center throughout the Southwest. The family, which is said to be worth more than $1 billion — Gray Matter’s market value is $2.16 billion — was heralded by advocates of drug control and treatment throughout the country. In Washington, the White House’s Office of National Drug Control Policy said in a statement that the Schwartzes are among “the next generation of great American philanthropists tackling one of the biggest epidemics confronting our country: illicit drugs.”
    Maybe it is cynical to suggest, but the timing and backstory of the grant is raising red flags among some investors on Wall Street and prompting some to ask: Is the donation a publicity stunt meant to mask troubling news about the company?
    Little known except to a small cadre of industry insiders, the Schwartzes have been scrambling in recent weeks to keep a long-running secret from being revealed. Gray Matter’s stock has sunk over the last week as speculation has mounted that the company could be tied to a drug kingpin in Albuquerque who has made national headlines: Walter White, the former chemistry teacher turned international methamphetamine dealer known as “Heisenberg.”
    According to people close to the company, Mr. White was a co-founder of Gray Matter and was a former college sweetheart of Mrs. Schwartz. The company’s name – Gray Matter – was a mix of the Schwartz name, which is German for “black” and Mr. White’s name, hence “gray.”
    It remains unclear whether the Securities and Exchange Commission will investigate, but given the prominent nature of Mr. White and Gray Matter, which until now was considered a high-flier on Wall Street, it would be surprising if an inquiry were not opened. Mr. Schwartz, who won a Nobel prize for his scientific research, has parlayed that success into the celebrity spotlight, hobnobbing with A-listers. He was recently given as a gift a Stratocaster guitar autographed by Eric Clapton.
    While Mr. White is said to have had a falling out with the Schwartzes, people briefed on the matter said, the two families had been in contact recently. A person close to both families said Mr. White and his wife were seen at the Schwartzes’ estate for Mr. Schwartz’s birthday party. Mrs. Schwartz was also seen at the White’s home. The Schwartzes are said to have offered to rehire Mr. White, who declined the opportunity, these people said. Mr. White had sold his shares years before the company went public to the Schwartzes for $5,000.
    A spokesman for Gray Matter said, “We don’t comment on rumors and speculation.”
    Mr. White could not be reached for comment.

Yes, this is a fictional parody, in case there is any doubt!

------------------

And the clip:

Last edited by hobochic; 09-23-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    the episode i downloaded is 53 minutes long, but on fb they say it's 75 minutes. was it cut?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It was cut for commercials.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    okay, thanks! that was such a good episode.. especially the intro remix at the end.. they have a few scenes in the show where they just let the music speak and that was one of them.. and you just sit there and think "fuck yeah breaking bad."

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm ready.

This is going to be a long week.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    @dominik @onthewall2983 on tv it was 75 minutes including commercials, nothing was cut out of the episode. It ran from 8:00-9:15. There was an extra 10 minutes of show time + another commercial break.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 09-23-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    You also just described walt!
    No, not really: Walt has killed in various ways, both directly (e.g., choking that one gang banger, in his basement, season 1 and shooting Mike this season) and indirectly (e.g., setting up the bomb for Gus). He also was the mastermind at the center of this show. In contrast, that shrew, Lydia, does nothing more than make demands and want her eyes literally covered, as the bodies hit the floor. They're both evil; but, Lydia is the worst kind of evil--passive evil, who wants zero blood on her hands, yet, callously directs others to kill (as if she's ordering a pair of shoes). Just be sure that she doesn't have to see any of it, or do anything directly. So, yeah, big difference; unless she directly killed someone in an episode that I missed. I think she's more detestable in that she makes demands for hits, to preserve her lifestyle, yet, is also squeamish to the mere sight of blood. In addition, she's like a panicked chihuahua dog, whenever there's any chance of risk facing her. Pathetic.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    No, not really: Walt has killed in various ways, both directly (e.g., choking that one gang banger, in his basement, season 1 and shooting Mike this season) and indirectly (e.g., setting up the bomb for Gus). He also was the mastermind at the center of this show. In contrast, that shrew, Lydia, does nothing more than make demands and want her eyes literally covered, as the bodies hit the floor. They're both evil; but, Lydia is the worst kind of evil--passive evil, who wants zero blood on her hands, yet, callously directs others to kill (as if she's ordering a pair of shoes). Just be sure that she doesn't have to see any of it, or do anything directly. So, yeah, big difference; unless she directly killed someone in an episode that I missed. I think she's more detestable in that she makes demands for hits, to preserve her lifestyle, yet, is also squeamish to the mere sight of blood. In addition, she's like a panicked chihuahua dog, whenever there's any chance of risk facing her. Pathetic.
    She wouldn't even face Todd or Mike (at first) or use any names when meeting at the coffee shop, and always hides behind those huge ugly face-covering sunglasses when she's anywhere public.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Speaking of Todd, I completely agree with an earlier post regarding Todd's home-invasion: Once again, his polite, emotionless manner really added to the menace of the scene. That actor, who played an awkward teen in "Friday Night Lights," is really amazing in that role. Todd is so inhuman, he's analogous to a great white shark: Killing not for pleasure, or out of emotion, but, merely as a means to an end. Initially, I was unsure he would add anything to the show; but, wow, the writing and execution of that character is something else. The only thing that seems out of place for Todd is the idea that he has the emotional capacity to desire another human being, as he seems to desire Lydia. Just a minor complaint; but, I guess it adds to the complexity of that character.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    At first I thought I was going to hate Todd, and I do, but for entirely different reasons than I first though; I love how much I hate him. I don't think his desire for Lydia is out of place at all, I think it's perfect. She's the only person he seems to have any genuine emotion for, and it's not reciprocated at all. I feel like something very bad is going to happen to one of them because of the other next week.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    At first I thought I was going to hate Todd, and I do, but for entirely different reasons than I first though; I love how much I hate him. I don't think his desire for Lydia is out of place at all, I think it's perfect. She's the only person he seems to have any genuine emotion for, and it's not reciprocated at all. I feel like something very bad is going to happen to one of them because of the other next week.
    I don't know, I smell another spin-off for those two wacky love-birds...Kidding, of course.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    The only thing that seems out of place for Todd is the idea that he has the emotional capacity to desire another human being, as he seems to desire Lydia. Just a minor complaint; but, I guess it adds to the complexity of that character.
    I don't think Todd has the emotional depth to actually love, but he still wants things, he still views her as an object. When he was picking lint off of her, it seemed like he was cleaning off a trophy or some other object that he might covet.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    I don't think Todd has the emotional depth to actually love, but he still wants things, he still views her as an object. When he was picking lint off of her, it seemed like he was cleaning off a trophy or some other object that he might covet.
    Going off that interpretation makes sense and certainly adds to the creep factor! Damn, I will miss this show.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Seasons 1-5 covered in two hours. It's not badly done, Hurt is the 4th song used.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Am i the only one whos got the hots for lydia?

Its a love hate thing...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The actress playing her is very pretty, and is Scottish. I've seen a few interviews with her and just about melted.

But I hope Lydia and Todd make their honeymoon plans for Belize. All's I'm sayin'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All the gossip about the last episode is interesting like the fact that the finale is episode 62 and the 62nd element on the periodic table is samarium which is used for lung cancer treatments. I can't wait for Sunday.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Got to meet Vince Gilligan at his Q&A here and he was an amazing guy. He chose 'Face Off' as his personal favorite episode of the entire series. CBC did a short bit, and Vince even mentions going in to the store my wife co-runs, who now sells BB shirts like they're going out of fuckin' style apparently. The guy you see in the video is the boyfriend of another girl that works at the store.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    here's my lengthy character-by-character breakdown of what I think/hope will happen on tonight's episode:

Walt- dead, takes the ricin before going in to kill them nazis. This will show that he's accepting death. Then goes apeshit on everyone with that m60. There's gotta be a final showdown with Jesse, who I imagine kills Walt.

Jesse- lives, he's gotta get some kind of redemption. I imagine he kills Todd and even Walt. He will probably be in the final scene.

Todd- dead, gets killed by Jesse. Not sure how exactly but probably in a poetically relevant kind of way.

Lydia- lives. I could see her making it out of this one, alone and terrified.

Skyler- lives. I imagine there will be some kind of scene between her and Walt, where he tells her that he's gonna die and somehow he gives her his money. I imagine she takes it and let's him go.

Walt Jr- lives. There will definitely be some kind of scene with him but my guess is that his final scene with Walt was last weeks phone call.

Holly- lives. Probably just a few typical baby shots of her.

Marie- lives. Probably some scenes with Skyler.

Jack- dead, by walts doing. Probably a really brutal and fast send off.

The nazis- all dead, they get m60d the fuck outta them by Hesienberg.

Brock- lives, I could see Jesse and him having a scene at the end if Jesse lives.

Saul- lives, I feel like he'll get a small scene of his new life or something. Maybe that'll be the cold open

We'll see what happens in a few hours!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Less than one hour away, over here. I'll miss the show; appreciate the story they told.