Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    God that episode was so tense! Bit half my fingernails off towards the end. I feel so bad for Jesse. Can't believe there's only 3 eps left before a year's break. Gaaaah.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Was I the only one underwhelmed by that ending? Maybe it was because it was hyped like crazy or maybe it was because Patton Oswalt semi-spoiled it on Twitter (he mentioned that that particular character did something insane, but what it was he didn't say), but I just kind of shrugged. I mean, Spoiler: it was awful, obviously, and sad, but as far as being shocked by it? It didn't really phase me.

Spoiler: Also, frankly, I think it would have hit harder if Walt had done it. My immediate reaction was, ok, well, it's the new guy...the guy we've known, what? Two episodes now? I have no attachment or expectation from him, which I know was kind of the point, but still. It wasn't like Walt did it (where I would have felt he'd reached a new low...actually, the lowest low he could pretty much reach) or Jesse (like that would ever happen) or Mike (that would have semi-shocked me). But this guy? It didn't resonate with me the way it would have if one of the long-time characters had done it. And I know that's not the point, the point is, holy shit, they killed a kid on the show, but after Brock's poisoning last season, this didn't seem so far-fetched anymore.

Anyway, still a great episode. My stomach was in knots the entire time Spoiler: Jesse was under the train. I knew something shocking happened this episode, so I honestly thought that might be it. Fuck, was that tense.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The ending shocked the hell out of me. I forgot about that kid from the beginning of the episode and when Todd waved to him I figured the episode would end there. Nope. Awesome. Apparently Todd is hard as fuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    great episode, me and the BF were SQUIRMING in anticipation during the whole train thing. great stuff.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Was I the only one underwhelmed by that ending? Maybe it was because it was hyped like crazy or maybe it was because Patton Oswalt semi-spoiled it on Twitter (he mentioned that that particular character did something insane, but what it was he didn't say), but I just kind of shrugged. I mean, Spoiler: it was awful, obviously, and sad, but as far as being shocked by it? It didn't really phase me.

Spoiler: Also, frankly, I think it would have hit harder if Walt had done it. My immediate reaction was, ok, well, it's the new guy...the guy we've known, what? Two episodes now? I have no attachment or expectation from him, which I know was kind of the point, but still. It wasn't like Walt did it (where I would have felt he'd reached a new low...actually, the lowest low he could pretty much reach) or Jesse (like that would ever happen) or Mike (that would have semi-shocked me). But this guy? It didn't resonate with me the way it would have if one of the long-time characters had done it. And I know that's not the point, the point is, holy shit, they killed a kid on the show, but after Brock's poisoning last season, this didn't seem so far-fetched anymore.

Anyway, still a great episode. My stomach was in knots the entire time Spoiler: Jesse was under the train. I knew something shocking happened this episode, so I honestly thought that might be it. Fuck, was that tense.
    Even if Walt didn't do it himself, I still think he is directly responsible for it happening. And I think it will weigh heavily on the conscience Mike, Jesse, and Walt, even if they didn't do it themselves.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I don't think this is going to weigh heavily on Walt. I'm not sure he cares anymore. I think he's lost just about all of his humanity at this point.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I don't think this is going to weigh heavily on Walt. I'm not sure he cares anymore. I think he's lost just about all of his humanity at this point.
    Fair enough point. I still think he's responsible, and how he responds will be important either way.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...n-meth-charges

The real life Walter White, pretty ridiculous

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Wow...I've started watching this show and it keeps on getting better. I'm avoiding this thread but I just wanted to share my delight at the awesomeness of that scene in the end of s03e07 Spoiler: where the two brothers/cousins/whatever have come to kill Hank in the parking lot...damn powerful scene, I was on the edge of my seat! Bravo!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    You see a brief shot of him being buried in the preview for next week's show
    You were saying?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It was a little manipulative.

BTW, that Groundhog Day commerical is funny but I can see it get annoying quickly.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    everybody wins...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Sent chills down my spine.

2 more episodes, right?

This show needs to air the next episode right now.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    "Skyler, you remember Jesse?" I JUST LAUGHED OUT LOUD SO HARD. Sorry. That was great. Plus the smile on Walt's face. Jesus this episode is good so far.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    officially actively rooting against Walt now...

Still keeping strong in this season! and Todd kept the Tarantula. Nice.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Spoiler: "Jesse, you asked me if I was in the meth business or the money business. Neither. I'm in the empire business."

BOOM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jesse's reaction to everything in the dinner scene was absolutely fantastic. Spoiler: When I saw Walt pulling apart the electric cord I thought "Bullshit he would burn his wrist...OH MY GOD HE IS BURNING HIS WRIST." I think he has crossed over into psychopath.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

UGH WALTER YOU BADASS MOTHERFUCKER

*edit* SPOILERS N SHIT

Prediction: Walter is going to use his badassery and leverage (see: metric fuck-tonne of methylmine) to rope that other crew into joining his own operation as his crew. If they work for him, he can let Mike & Jesse free to do what they want.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 08-20-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Interesting how Jesse is now the moral compass of the show, Todd seems to occupy the "wild card" that Jesse once was and Walt is the villain everyone loves to hate. This season is shaping up to be a great series finale. Can't wait to see what new scheme is planned where "everybody wins."

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post

*edit* SPOILERS N SHIT

Prediction: Walter is going to use his badassery and leverage (see: metric fuck-tonne of methylmine) to rope that other crew into joining his own operation as his crew. If they work for him, he can let Mike & Jesse free to do what they want.
    ^^^ Clever, and I agree that is possible. The other crew seems pretty hardcore too, and it makes Walt's apparent need for an automatic rifle in the flash forward in Ep 1 start to make more sense - like he did what you suggested, and then ran afoul with them in some way putting him on the run in the future.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Ridiculously good episode, I loved the whole dinner scene.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Something's going to turn real ugly. I'm guessing those other fellas aren't going to get the goods they were promised, and hunt down Walt, Jesse, and Mike. Which leads to Walt going on the run, and obviously still cooking. I just wonder if the next season will pick up where this one began, or is that the beginning of the ending? I'm thinking the latter.

Edit - Just watched the promo for the next one. Holy shit balls!
    Last edited by Piko; 08-21-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Haven't read a single spoiler in here, which I'm pretty proud of. I'm about halfway through season 2...Jesse just tried getting back at some junkies for robbing his friend. Anyway, I just wanted to post this.

Edit: And an edited version, but it's huge - http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...61245473_n.jpg
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 08-21-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone know if the flashforward tease from the seasons first episode will be explained by the end of this run of episodes? Or is it likely to be something we wont know the answers to for another year or whatever?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_nick View Post
    Anyone know if the flashforward tease from the seasons first episode will be explained by the end of this run of episodes? Or is it likely to be something we wont know the answers to for another year or whatever?
    I doubt that will be explained in this run since he just had a birthday this season and that takes place during his next birthday.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Thinking next year. I think that's going to end up being the ending of the series. My guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i was thinking that scene will be in the last episode of the series.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Its really annoying that they're splitting this season. I get that AMC doesn't want to lose their golden goose just yet, and maybe they want to double dip on the awards, but it just bothers the shit out of me.