Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HM Support Group (pun intended) - NO SPOILERS

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

HM Support Group (pun intended) - NO SPOILERS

I felt like it was needed...a place for those attempting to be strong enough to not listen to any leaks of the album which will be coming in the not too distant future.

A support group for those waiting to listen to the album on release day. I have never done this with NIN, I have listen to every leak since WT...I need you guys

Essentially discuss the album with no worry of spoilers.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Snape killed Dumbledore

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Might seem a bit weird, but over the last few years, that email from Nullco (or associate) with a lossless download link has made release days feel like Christmas did as a youngster. I go to bed on release day eve with a big goofy grin thinking about the present that'll be sitting waiting for me in the morning.

So yeah, I won't be grabbing any leaks (or radishes for that matter), opening presents early just means less to look forward to. If you'll excuse the weird analogy.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I third this - I did actually listen to some of the Fuji show - but then I thought, it's not worth it, I'm seeing them at Reading in a few weeks - BUT the thing that's killing me is I only will get to see an abridged version of what's out there as they're not headlining in my country so whatever I would watch if I succumbed, I could remove a bunch of songs from that for the sake of Biffy Clyro headlining! aaaggh

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I've gone leak free on albums since With Teeth, excluding any officially released stuff like the five YZ tracks.

Also went to the last NYC club show without seeing any set lists or reading any reviews. Made the show a million times better when I was left guessing what could possibly be next after each and every song.

Stay strong; the payoff is worth it!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Waking up and downloading a link in your email and putting it on your phone and listening to it isn't as different from waking up and downloading a torrent and putting it on your phone and listening to it as y'all are saying. Leaks are just release days we don't see coming. Whatever floats your boat, though. One love

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Waking up and downloading a link in your email and putting it on your phone and listening to it isn't as different from waking up and downloading a torrent and putting it on your phone and listening to it as y'all are saying.
    Eh, I beg to differ. Links mean whatever additional content is offered with the purchase, a guaranteed and artist approved audio quality, and the knowledge that you're receiving the album the way its creator intended.

Downloading a leak kind of feels like "fuck you band, I want it for free and I want it right now, regardless of whatever quality it is". Yes, even if you've already preordered a legit copy. At least, that's how it feels to me.

Then of course there are those of us who don't just download and throw it on a phone, but purchase CDs and play them in CD players.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Then of course there are those of us who don't just download and throw it on a phone, but purchase CDs and play them in CD players.
    Exactly. Although it'll all depend on whether local release is coming in any reasonable timeframe. It'll be humiliating to not see the album in shop on 3rd while all the world is partying. And the preorder will show up after, what, 2 months again? Official download link provides gratification first ten minutes then the following days you feel you've been thrown a bone.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Personally, I pre-ordered on Amazon this time instead of actually going to a store because I don't have a record store within about half an hour of me.

Now, it turns out I'll be flying across a good portion of the country on release day (heading east), so when I get home late that night I'll likely be wired - despite it being dark outside - and I'll have that package sitting on my kitchen table. Should be a good night.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    So far I've avoided all the new songs save CBH, and unless there's another single/video, I won't be hearing anything until the album is released. (Whichever arrives first, CD or download.) Even if there's an official stream like with HTDA, that would take the fun out of album release day, and I'm just too dorky to let that happen with a NIN album. Should be fun! Less than a month!

Maybe it's counting the days that's making this tough? Let's use another method...

Guys, Hesitation Marks is only FOUR Breaking Bads away!!!
    Last edited by howdidislipinto; 08-12-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I don't have a philosophical problem with (me listening to) leaks. I've already pre-ordered 5 copies of the album, so why should I?

But I refuse to allow my first listen to be of questionable audio quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I kind of wished I would've avoided songs for now. I kind of want to wait until I get the CD in the mail and listen to it front to back while looking through the book. Because I haven't done that in ages.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    And the preorder will show up after, what, 2 months again?
    I sincerely hope not. I'm the type who will ignore the downloads and only listen to the album when I'm holding the CD in my hands.

Beginning to regret pre-ordering the deluxe edition direct from NIN, as I know it'll be ages before it shows up.

I wonder if it's worth buying a standard edition anyway just so I can listen to it on release day and use it as my listening copy. Plus, the alternate artwork is nice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nin.com claims release date delivery. I'd hope they'd live up to that.

Regarding leaks, I don't have a problem with leaks any more, as long as the quality is good, ie it's a rip of the cd at at least 320kbps. I'll buy the cd, go to the concert (or two if they come back around) and spend a bunch of money on merch. So my conscience is clean.

I don't think I've used the CD player in either one of my cars now that I think about it. Everything's on my iPod in Apple lossless and I play everything off of that. Still, holding a brand spankin' new nine inch nails record in your hands is pretty sweet.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    I don't think I've used the CD player in either one of my cars now that I think about it. Everything's on my iPod in Apple lossless and I play everything off of that. Still, holding a brand spankin' new nine inch nails record in your hands is pretty sweet.
    Same. I'll get the leak the second it comes out, then get the professional quality/legitimate version as soon as that comes out. I'll also buy a bunch of CDs, vinyls, etc. Not to listen to them. Just to cuddle them periodically before returning them back to their pristine, halo-ordered home.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So did the HTDA store. But then the Modlife support person told me in an e-mail that was incorrect, and they were actually not to mail them until release day. (Whether that was a misguided Modlife rule or an order from Columbia, I have no idea.)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Thanks for pointing that out. Let's hope that holds true for all of us foreigners, too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I don't see how the release date promise can be true when there were several speeds of shipping. I'm not personally bothered about when I get the physical cd as long as I have the digital download, so I chose the cheapest shipping, I'd be a bit peeved if I'd gone with the expensive option just to have it exactly the same time

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Perhaps it's just the free digital download that's the "release date delivery." But that's pretty misleading. Or maybe Modlife just wasn't getting things right with HTDA and it will be different with NIN. We'll see...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Your CD will be shipped to arrive on release date." Nothing ambiguous about it. Now whether or not they succeed in this is another story.

My guess would be that the different shipping options are more so for purchases made after the album is released.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Maybe we will get lucky and they ship it early.

I got amon amarth's deceiver of the gods from metal blade a week early.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I've just realised I fly back home on the evening of the release date and the vinyl and deluxe edition are being delivered to the office which I won't get until I get back to work the next day. Ha!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    "Your CD will be shipped to arrive on release date." Nothing ambiguous about it.
    It's hugely ambiguous. The way it's worded should be "Your CD will be shipped to arrive *at your house* on the release date". They could easily turn around and make the excuse that they meant it would be sent from manufacturing to arrive *with them* on the release date for distribution.

Anyway. Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sorry, but I think that's a pretty big leap. If it were the case that it would arrive for them to ship on release day, it would say "item ships on release day".

I don't think they include the entire manufacturing process in their shipping details. International could be an entirely different animal, I don't know. But the wording is clear.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    :::cries:::

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've held out on everything except official releases, now including Copy of A. Love the song and now I've even heard the live version. Still, I'm feeling a little naughty, like I should've waited for the complete album to drop. Singles were always part of an album experience! I tell myself...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    :::cries:::
    i thought about just sending you the download link...but then i realized that would be REALLY mean (instead of my intention of being nice), so i abstained.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I would probably drive to Chicago just to kick you.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I can't be bothered to listen, tbh. The album is so close now. I don't want to spoil it any more for myself.

And yes, I do count listening to Came Back Haunted six times since it was released to be spoiling myself. I want to go into this one with almost completely fresh ears.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I would probably drive to Chicago just to kick you.
    and then i would hug you and profusely apologize, despite the pain. because that's just the kind of person i am.