Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1438

Thread: NIN Live Archive, Audio/Video Recording Thread - Download Links

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I think at the same time Phish were playing the main stage. But man, NIN brought it.

With the Corona holding me in for the week. I thought I'd get a lot of stuff done in terms of tapes that I have acquired... As well as getting some more videos on the archive. Here is what I have added today.

NIN 05/31/2005 San Diego - Added @NotoriousTIMP's uncirculated audio recording
    NIN 05/30/2005 San Diego - Added NotoriousTIMP's uncirculated audio recording
    NIN 04/10/2007 Helsinki - Added Adihash's video source.
    NIN 05/07/2007 Brisbane - Added Nik Z's video source.
    NIN 05/13/2007 Melbourne - Added an unknown video source.
    NIN 08/01/2007 Moscow - Added Phunkphorce's video source
    NIN 06/13/2009 Bonnaroo Music Festival - Added my HD video source.

More to come this week! I was super stoked to add TIMP's San Diego club sources. We talked just about 10 years ago about some of these tapes that he did. But there were no transfers. Great to finally add them.
    Thanks, Ryan!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I think at the same time Phish were playing the main stage. But man, NIN brought it.
    Phish didn't play the 13th, well officially. They played a late-night set on the 12th that went into the 13th.

Bruce Springsteen played the main stage on the 13th, and there was 10 minutes or so between that and NIN.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Phish didn't play the 13th, well officially. They played a late-night set on the 12th that went into the 13th.

Bruce Springsteen played the main stage on the 13th, and there was 10 minutes or so between that and NIN.
    Oh yeah. I can't remember off the top of my head, it was over 10 years ago. I missed that whole set to have a good FOB taping spot for NIN. Worth it. We could kinda hear Bruce over on the adjacent stage. But it was a good break from music for the ears and talking with friends.

Here was my mic stand for the weekend... Mr. Potato Head with my DPA mics.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The Beastie Boys played their final show ever that weekend of Bonnaroo 2009. They headlined the day before NINs set

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    The biggest regret was leaving Bonnaroo that day to go see NIN in Charlotte instead of Beastie Boys. Made it to Charlotte late and into the show right as March of the Pigs was ending... Then I never took my recorder out of standby until Head Like a Hole. I also didn't realize how far Charlotte was from Manchester. Dumbest move of my young life...

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Just wanted to say how I appreciate everyone who converses with me every day. Since moving to Atlanta, it's really just my girlfriend and I. Haven't really had time to make friends while I've been here and traffic is so crap that I really don't want to get out. Now with COVID, damn. . . The only social interaction I got was when I was at the hospital working. Hope everyone is staying safe. Now, I have a lot of time on my hands while my program is on hold for (hopefully) only the next week or so. So, it's pretty nice to get to update the site and study. Here is one thing below that I am really happy about.

Why a good transfer and archiving matter:

As many of you have been following along, I recently got NotoriousTIMP's minidisc masters to go through and give a proper go with the transfers. I have just finished his 04/28/2005 San Francisco show. Below, you can compare the two transfers. I have not done any EQ'ing to the new transfer (I like the audio to be just like it was captured during the show) and you can hear a massive difference with the new transfer, that was done all digitally using the optical out on my MD deck. Compared to the first transfer that I can only assume was done with the headphone jack/line out on another MD deck. Very happy with this upgrade and it is a prime example why proper transfers matter and how they can get the maximum out of any recording. You can download the upgrade at ninlive.com

Compare the two transfers:
    Old (analog) Transfer: http://www.ninlive.com/samples/2005/20050428notorioustimp-old.mp3

New (digital) Transfer: http://www.ninlive.com/samples/2005/20050428notorioustimp.mp3

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    And then there’s me who actually lives here in Atlanta, but both of our lives just keep moving and we never (yet) got to meet.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    And then there’s me who actually lives here in Atlanta, but both of our lives just keep moving and we never (yet) got to meet.
    Hopefully no hard feelings.. If this is anything, my best friend I've known since middle school and played football with and is my effing boy lives in ATL and I have seen him one time since I've been here.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hopefully no hard feelings.. If this is anything, my best friend I've known since middle school and played football with and is my effing boy lives in ATL and I have seen him one time since I've been here.
    Oh no hard feelings at all! I’m so proud of you and your studies!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Thank you @ninlive (Ryan) for the new load of shows yesterday. I'm shut in with virus concerns & the new music has come at a great time. Hope you are safe & well.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Thank you @ninlive (Ryan) for the new load of shows yesterday. I'm shut in with virus concerns & the new music has come at a great time. Hope you are safe & well.
    Doing ok here. Just found out I will not be graduating in August due to this because all elective surgeries have stopped and I have been sent home until they can start back up. I am pretty gutted at this point. Just another bump in the road of this already long journey. Looks like December is what I am projected to go at.. Which means another huge bill for a fall semester that should have been unnecessary. Hate to complain because there are millions of people with real problems. I am thankful my friends and family are healthy at this point.

Just going to keep working on more tapes. Got some random things popping up on the archive, for sure. I just added The Downward Spiral Live to the archive as well. Those torrent links have been dead for some time. So nice to have a permanent home for it.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Doing ok here. Just found out I will not be graduating in August due to this because all elective surgeries have stopped and I have been sent home until they can start back up. I am pretty gutted at this point. Just another bump in the road of this already long journey. Looks like December is what I am projected to go at.. Which means another huge bill for a fall semester that should have been unnecessary. Hate to complain because there are millions of people with real problems. I am thankful my friends and family are healthy at this point.

Just going to keep working on more tapes. Got some random things popping up on the archive, for sure. I just added The Downward Spiral Live to the archive as well. Those torrent links have been dead for some time. So nice to have a permanent home for it.
    Thanks again, Ryan. I know NIN is your focus but if you have the time & feel like it sure would love to hear the Cure stuff you got from NotoriousTIMP too! If you're interested, there is a really good Cure archive on the The Cure Community site. It doesn't unlock until you post 50 times but I can hook you up with the moderator if you have time & interest (or get bored, haha). I'm sorry your schooling has been delayed & you have to spend more money. You will be in a good position once everything settles down. You're a good guy for doing this & do a fantastic job. Keep up the good work. I'm going to download The Downward Spiral Live now. Can't wait. Be safe & well.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Why a good transfer and archiving matter:

As many of you have been following along, I recently got NotoriousTIMP's minidisc masters to go through and give a proper go with the transfers. I have just finished his 04/28/2005 San Francisco show. Below, you can compare the two transfers. I have not done any EQ'ing to the new transfer (I like the audio to be just like it was captured during the show) and you can hear a massive difference with the new transfer, that was done all digitally using the optical out on my MD deck. Compared to the first transfer that I can only assume was done with the headphone jack/line out on another MD deck. Very happy with this upgrade and it is a prime example why proper transfers matter and how they can get the maximum out of any recording. You can download the upgrade at ninlive.com

Compare the two transfers:
    Old (analog) Transfer: http://www.ninlive.com/samples/2005/20050428notorioustimp-old.mp3

New (digital) Transfer: http://www.ninlive.com/samples/2005/20050428notorioustimp.mp3
    You should add a "Why Archiving Matters" type of page to ninlive.com and include this.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    holy shit, those two samples differ like night and day!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    holy shit, those two samples differ like night and day!
    Your old transfer got mono-ized somehow. That's what contributes to much of the new transfer sounding so much better.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Your old transfer got mono-ized somehow. That's what contributes to much of the new transfer sounding so much better.
    Truth. That one may have benefited the most for a new transfer. But I have compared each transfer and either way, there has been significant increase in the quality of the sound from each recording. Just because you're not having to battle with the noise floor of the player and have the risk of running the levels hot when transferring line out. Also there were a few tapes that cut some of the music when there was about 1-2 minutes of music on the MD flips/intros etc. They might not add a lot of substance to the overall recording, but for archiving it's the maximum you can get out of every tape.

I've been adding a shit ton of recordings because well... I got the time. My big tackle is gathering all of the NIN/Bowie sets in full. Meaning the NIN, NIN/Bowie, and Bowie sets to complete the night. There is too many sources that either have the Bowie set only or the NIN set only. Pretty much depends on what the trader/taper collects. I'd like to try and bring that to a halt. Of course, when I first started the archive, I was pretty hesitant to add the Bowie portions. I still am. But I'd rather keep some continuity with the filesets and not be like many traders who don't keep the full sets so that I can help out Bowie collectors as well. Maybe even find a new source here and there. A lot of these recordings I have added are average to below average. But they are there to archive them. Listed below is what I have added in the last week.

NIN/Bowie 09/16/1995 Mansfield - 4 Sources
    NIN/Bowie 09/23/1995 Burgettstown
    NIN/Bowie 09/27/1995 East Rutherford - 2 Sources.
    NIN/Bowie 09/28/1995 East Rutherford
    NIN/Bowie 10/01/1995 Tinley Park
    NIN/Bowie 10/04/1995 Columbus
    NIN/Bowie 10/06/1995 Bristow
    NIN/Bowie 10/09/1995 Atlanta
    NIN/Bowie 10/11/1995 Maryland Heights SBD of both sets
    NIN/Bowie 10/14/1995 Austin
    NIN/Bowie 10/29/1995 Inglewood

NIN 06/13/2006 Washington DC Radio Show Video
    Added the pro shot video from the 06/13/2006 Washington DC radio show.

NIN 05/20/2009 Irvine
    Added Slickmode's HD video source to the 05/20/2009 Irvine show.

NIN 06/02/2009 Toronto
    Added an unknown audience recording to the 06/02/2009 Toronto show.

NIN 08/29/2014 Portland
    Added Ji Su's uncirculated audience recording to the 08/29/2014 Portland show. - I know this is in Ridgefield, WA. But it was billed as Portland.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Thanks again, Ryan. I know NIN is your focus but if you have the time & feel like it sure would love to hear the Cure stuff you got from NotoriousTIMP too! If you're interested, there is a really good Cure archive on the The Cure Community site. It doesn't unlock until you post 50 times but I can hook you up with the moderator if you have time & interest (or get bored, haha). I'm sorry your schooling has been delayed & you have to spend more money. You will be in a good position once everything settles down. You're a good guy for doing this & do a fantastic job. Keep up the good work. I'm going to download The Downward Spiral Live now. Can't wait. Be safe & well.
    Thanks Chuck, I appreciate it. I've been trying to stay up with everyone's correspondences during this time. Some have fallen through the cracks like this one.

Nothing TIMP had was Cure tapes. I think you are referring to all of JAM/Slickmode's footage I received. Still working on getting all of that transferred as well.

Which Cure site is that, btw? You have my interest.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    The Cure Community, link below. I talked to Steve the moderator & if you have anything you'd like to put up, get a user name & let me know. He'd bypass you on the 50 posts thing. It's a good site, lot of nice people. Little mellower than this one which is ok. I know some of the band members look in & participate occasionally under alias. No politics, etc. Take care. Hope things aren't bad in Atlanta for you.

https://thecurecommunity.freeforums.net/

For @ninlive

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    The Cure Community, link below. I talked to Steve the moderator & if you have anything you'd like to put up, get a user name & let me know. He'd bypass you on the 50 posts thing. It's a good site, lot of nice people. Little mellower than this one which is ok. I know some of the band members look in & participate occasionally under alias. No politics, etc. Take care. Hope things aren't bad in Atlanta for you.

https://thecurecommunity.freeforums.net/

For @ninlive
    Is there a good page for CURE recordings like NINLive? I checked out that community above and it seems like I have to register in order to gain access which kinda sucks, but I'm looking for my recordings from 2000 and was curious if they are out in the wild (I forget if I ever released them). I did find the following site but it wont allow me to download anything

http://www.cure-concerts.de/main/2000.php

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Is there a good page for CURE recordings like NINLive? I checked out that community above and it seems like I have to register in order to gain access which kinda sucks, but I'm looking for my recordings from 2000 and was curious if they are out in the wild (I forget if I ever released them). I did find the following site but it wont allow me to download anything

http://www.cure-concerts.de/main/2000.php
    see PM

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    The archive downloads are on hold for the moment. Updating the HTTPS and didn't realize that the hotlink went all crazy during this time. Will fix soon.

EDIT: Fixed downloads are back working!
    Last edited by ninlive; 04-04-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The archive downloads are on hold for the moment. Updating the HTTPS and didn't realize that the hotlink went all crazy during this time. Will fix soon.

EDIT: Fixed downloads are back working!
    Thanks for using HTTPS.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Added a few DVDs from the 2009 tour... WPB, Tampa and Atlanta.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Any better recording for this show yet?

https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181019.html

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    Any better recording for this show yet?

https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181019.html
    If it's not up there, then no.

ScreamingSlave recorded both nights. But I have yet to receive them or a few others. In time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If it's not up there, then no.

ScreamingSlave recorded both nights. But I have yet to receive them or a few others. In time.
    Im still hoping for a better Detroit night 1. I miss your Detroit recordings Ryan.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGobi View Post
    Im still hoping for a better Detroit night 1. I miss your Detroit recordings Ryan.
    I miss Detroit too... I had tickets for both shows with my brother. I couldn't make it back because of school and my gf's birthday one of those nights. Killed me. My brother sent video from his seat and the audio was so damn good from where he sat. I tried desperately for a taper in MI to take the seat (for free) and no one could do it. Looking back, I should have just gave my brother my recording stuff had I known there wouldn't be multiple sources.

I know of one source for these shows that sadly will probably never see the light of day.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    How's Dunebug doing these days? Did he tape anything after LITS?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    How's Dunebug doing these days? Did he tape anything after LITS?
    He is still taping and still has over 40 unreleased recordings of NIN that I know of. I do not have any of them.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Besides losing any motivation to study, I am staying busy by updating the archive. Here are some more videos I uploaded yesterday and are now available for download:

04/20/2000 Indianapolis DVD
    07/09/2000 Monza Pro-Shot
    05/12/2009 Austin