Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1438

Thread: NIN Live Archive, Audio/Video Recording Thread - Download Links

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    The same festival and night that Nirvana played a show while drunk, culminating in Kurt Cobain ending the set early by destroying everything on stage because his guitar malfunctioned and then a bouncer tried to fight him. I always wonder if Kurt ever heard NIN.

On the Nirvana Unplugged DVD (which includes all the between show banter not on the CD) Kurt makes a joke saying next they are "going to play a Nine Inch Nails song"

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Also... Another big bummer is not having any of Chaonatic's Lights in the Sky/NINJA footage. I would love his raw footage for the archive. Or if anyone can rip all the songs from his YT page.

There are so many more out there like this. I'm sorry my old shitty computer can't rip this stuff off the interwebz.
    Sounds like these are already taken care of, but in the future if there's ever anything you need ripped from YT don't hesitate to just shoot me some links via PM. Happy to do whatever little bit I can do to help.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    On the Nirvana Unplugged DVD (which includes all the between show banter not on the CD) Kurt makes a joke saying next they are "going to play a Nine Inch Nails song"
    The latest main Nine Inch Nails release at the time of the MTV Unplugged taping (fall 1993) was Broken.

(Yes, Fixed technically...)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    edit: whelp, nevermind. HDD appears to have died while I was working on transferring things. It was fine (albeit slow) when I went to bed, and when I woke up Windows had decided to take it upon itself to restart without my knowledge and I can't even open the drive anymore. Hope someone else had that DVD in their archives.
    Last edited by theimage13; 02-21-2020 at 06:11 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Look at what is back in my hands once again

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    If I had a car, I’d come pick these up from you today. I’m in San Diego for the weekend for a wedding.

ive got an MD deck with optical out. Can make the transfers fully digital, which could help the transfers out as well. Send me a text if you are willing for me to do this!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Look at what is back in my hands once again
    I scrolled too fast and legit thought those were Zip disks.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I scrolled too fast and legit thought those were Zip disks.
    guess which zip drive i had?

siqq as friqq. i seriously thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Apparently most of the recordings from the photo above are already in the archive (except one). Does this still mean we can now get improved versions of them?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Apparently most of the recordings from the photo above are already in the archive (except one). Does this still mean we can now get improved versions of them?
    yes, those copies are lossy as I had to play the discs back in real-time and record them through the output jack. I’m hoping Ryan can clean them up a bit and re-up them

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just got done handing off my bag of discs to @ninlive ! I was also told about some additional recordings he got and my only reaction is...

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Yeah, I am heading back to Atlanta today... I picked up about 100 film masters of NIN, Depeche Mode, Morrissey, The Cure, Duran Duran, Linkin Park etc and there is SO. MUCH. STUFF. Mostly all filmed around the SoCal area. It will take a few months to transfer all of this stuff and go through it. But I'll be making a list of what I have when I get back. Also all of TIMP's stuff to transfer.

I will be busy.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yeah, I am heading back to Atlanta today... I picked up about 100 film masters of NIN, Depeche Mode, Morrissey, The Cure, Duran Duran, Linkin Park etc and there is SO. MUCH. STUFF. Mostly all filmed around the SoCal area. It will take a few months to transfer all of this stuff and go through it. But I'll be making a list of what I have when I get back. Also all of TIMP's stuff to transfer.

I will be busy.
    King shit right here.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

I will be busy.

You are the man! Your good work is much appreciated. Thanks for the many hours of fantastic music. Being recently retired because of medical stuff & on a fixed income it is a godsend. Although I'm not stopping going to see live music once in awhile, it is getting very difficult both physically & financially. I do hope to see the Cure & NIN sometime in the near future. If you have time, would love to see the Cure footage (& NIN of course!) mentioned above whenever you can get to it. Thanks again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First time logging in for about a year, but I had to say HOLY SHIT those NOLA recordings. Can't get over how fucking incredible these sound. So well mixed too. Usually with IEMs I find vocals are too high in the mix, but this is perfect. Thanks to absolutely everyone who played a part in making these available!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redwingsrock View Post
    First time logging in for about a year, but I had to say HOLY SHIT those NOLA recordings. Can't get over how fucking incredible these sound. So well mixed too. Usually with IEMs I find vocals are too high in the mix, but this is perfect. Thanks to absolutely everyone who played a part in making these available!
    Yeah, it’s almost as if these mixes were for VIP friends viewing from the side of the stage (Bowie used to do this)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Yeah, it’s almost as if these mixes were for VIP friends viewing from the side of the stage (Bowie used to do this)
    And now, there's Mixhalo.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Added JAM007's Santa Barbara 2009 video to the archive today. Just found out he brought in a Sony HVR-A1U to these venues!!! Amazing he was able to bring in such a huge camcorder. So epic.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm migrating external hard drives and culling a lot of shit. Were there any SB recordings from Wave Goodbye?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I'm migrating external hard drives and culling a lot of shit. Were there any SB recordings from Wave Goodbye?
    nope.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    nope.
    I found the Hurricane Fest recording and am satisfied. Thanks!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    My bad @paul_guyet ! I thought you meant the final run of shows in August/September! Yes, Hurricane Festival jams! Heresy!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I am just going through YouTube and here are some full shows that I need to reference if I have. But I don't think I do.
    Rotterdam 1991:
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    If someone with the means to do so had the original tape, that would be a candidate for MAJOR professional-grade restoration. What an intense performance, such a shame the transfer is so glitchy and the audio so garbled...
    Just a heads up, this was uploaded today and it def looks/sounds better.
    Per the description: Supposed to be the full recording Made from a second generation VHS-tape

I downloaded .mp4 file just in case. The uploader seems talkative in YT comments and on his FB page so it's probably worth contacting him about the tape or at least raw pre-YT video
    Last edited by fillow; 03-08-2020 at 01:53 AM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    @fillow I know a guy who knows them. So I will be in touch. But if you wanted to send over the mp4. I'd take it for now!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Why would that be considered so funny?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Why would that be considered so funny?

Because it was an acoustic show and NINs most recent release was Broken and songs like "Happiness In Slavery" and "Wish" do not fit into an acoustic setting....thus the joke

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Speaking of NIN and not-Acoustic, here's something to enjoy while you're all self-quarantined... as you may remember, I (badly) attempted to sync the (poor) webcast video with the excellent soundboard and audience recordings for the 2005/12/10 show. It's not perfect but WAY more watchable than the raw video feed was.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Here is another video during our quarantine. NIN's performance at Bonnaroo Music Festival back in 2009. First time released in HD. It will be up on the archive soon for download! This was certainly one of the best times I've had taping. Had my mics 11' up on a mic stand!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Here is another video during our quarantine. NIN's performance at Bonnaroo Music Festival back in 2009. First time released in HD. It will be up on the archive soon for download! This was certainly one of the best times I've had taping. Had my mics 11' up on a mic stand!

nice! were the hippies running away from NIN? i saw that happen when sonic youth opened for neil young. during xpressway to yr skull hippies were literally running out of the arena with their hands on their ears. it was glorious!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    nice! were the hippies running away from NIN? i saw that happen when sonic youth opened for neil young. during xpressway to yr skull hippies were literally running out of the arena with their hands on their ears. it was glorious!
    I think at the same time Phish were playing the main stage. But man, NIN brought it.

With the Corona holding me in for the week. I thought I'd get a lot of stuff done in terms of tapes that I have acquired... As well as getting some more videos on the archive. Here is what I have added today.

NIN 05/31/2005 San Diego - Added @NotoriousTIMP's uncirculated audio recording
    NIN 05/30/2005 San Diego - Added NotoriousTIMP's uncirculated audio recording
    NIN 04/10/2007 Helsinki - Added Adihash's video source.
    NIN 05/07/2007 Brisbane - Added Nik Z's video source.
    NIN 05/13/2007 Melbourne - Added an unknown video source.
    NIN 08/01/2007 Moscow - Added Phunkphorce's video source
    NIN 06/13/2009 Bonnaroo Music Festival - Added my HD video source.

More to come this week! I was super stoked to add TIMP's San Diego club sources. We talked just about 10 years ago about some of these tapes that he did. But there were no transfers. Great to finally add them.
    Last edited by ninlive; 03-16-2020 at 10:31 AM.