Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1438

Thread: NIN Live Archive, Audio/Video Recording Thread - Download Links

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    classical music plays over PA
    it seems quite unreal and added on the record. Don't you have this feeling ? This is too clear, too quickly after Dead Soul..
    I even wonder if this is not a Game of Throne track, so made 20 years later

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Nope, that was the PA song after the end of the show pretty much every night on the tour. Heard on many recordings.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Reaching out to the uploader.
    After some sleuthing on his YT channel, I found this is the uploader's Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/david.soloff.7

I don't think he's the taper, but he appears to have Virginia ties, so he may have obtained the tape locally.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I just listened to the end of the recording. Sounds like it's legit. At the end of Dead Souls, Trent says "Nice shot, fuckface." which would seem to correspond with that newsgroup posting where they say someone hit him in the hand with a thrown beer can.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    After some sleuthing on his YT channel
    Respect. Maybe better to reach out there. Creepy? Maybe. But best action is that he can respond. Can always ignore the inquiry.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I was sent an uncirculated recording of the 05/14/1994 Roseland Ballroom show this morning! Up on the archive! It sounds great.

https://ninlive.com/shows/1994/19940514.html

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    The legendary, mysterious Buttfuck Parlour Time #11.5 silver-not-actually-a-silver show, because it sounds twice as good as the previous BPT #23 AUD, at long last..
    Last edited by Prettybrokenspiral; 05-16-2020 at 02:45 PM. Reason: The sanctity of clarity..

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    The legendary, mysterious Buttfuck Parlour Time silver-not-actually-a-silver show, at long last..
    The new source is not the same recording. I've referenced both and they are indeed different.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Damn... ANOTHER uncirculated source coming in... Schoeps MK4V + (assumed the next part of the lineage) Sony SBM-1 + D8 from the Merriweather Post Pavilion 2000!!!!!

Sounds like the taper had problems with the left channel not being properly connected. Some static/pops which I can fix up. Will take a few days to do it. Awesome stuff.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    The new source is not the same recording. I've referenced both and they are indeed different.
    Thanks! I noticed that the setlist doesn't have "Hurt" on it. Seems like an outlier on that tour. Will be playing very loudly later today.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Thanks! I noticed that the setlist doesn't have "Hurt" on it. Seems like an outlier on that tour. Will be playing very loudly later today.
    They didn't debut Hurt until after Woodstock in August. So no Hurt here is very typical.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    So, I reached out to the guy on Facebook and it turns out that he did tape the show. Told me it was recorded with a Sony WM-D3 with single point mic. I assume it's the PC62 that came with the WM-D3. Master tape was scrapped once transferred to his computer. Won't send the file digitally but said he would burn me a CD of it. Sending him a few things his way. Big thing is that he said his ROM drive is broken and that he can't burn discs. I am hoping that sending the discs even though I know that little bit from him I'll still be able to get a lossless copy for the archive.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Won't send the file digitally but said he would burn me a CD of it... Big thing is that he said his ROM drive is broken and that he can't burn discs
    wait, so this means he ain't sending shit? I'm confused

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    wait, so this means he ain't sending shit? I'm confused
    I'm hoping by my good faith of sending the discs I have that he will find a way to copy them. Or in time, I will receive the discs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm hoping by my good faith of sending the discs I have that he will find a way to copy them. Or in time, I will receive the discs.
    So... He wants you to buy him an optical drive.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGobi View Post
    So... He wants you to buy him an optical drive.
    to be fair, you can buy an outboard USB burner for like, $10-$20, which isn't that bad. BUT the guy should be able to do that himself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    No idea where it was said that he wanted me to buy an optical drive. But no, he isn't asking me to get him an optical drive. Patience! If anything, I can just rip it from YouTube. Alas, lesser quality. But it's something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No idea where it was said that he wanted me to buy an optical drive. But no, he isn't asking me to get him an optical drive. Patience! If anything, I can just rip it from YouTube. Alas, lesser quality. But it's something.
    I shoulda used an emoji. It just sounded weirdly like the dude wants something else out of the deal.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Cross posting here... Sorry.

Can anyone give me more info on the video? I have watched it before and enjoyed it the first time through. Is it someone on here that did that edit?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Cross posting here... Sorry.

Can anyone give me more info on the video? I have watched it before and enjoyed it the first time through. Is it someone on here that did that edit?
    @Leviathant sneakily updated the Random NIN Comments to bring the original post back up! :-D

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    So, in the last few days I've added a few more video recordings to the archive. Here they are...

The Live Cold and Black and Infinite 2018 video release by videotape aka @mauro995

05/24/1994 London, Forum Master 8 video transfer - epic upgrade

05/18/2005 Philadelphia, Electric Factory ISO synced to Crimsons' source 2 Schoeps MK4 audio

05/19/2005 Philadelphia, Electric Factory DVD - this is the infamous "Somethings gonna get broken" show and sadly the master tape from JB is elsewhere, but I have the NTSC DVD on the archive. Surprisingly, I've had it on there for almost 3 years and just never updated the links. My bad. So now, you should be able to download it. - Should be up in the next few hours (this was at 5:30 EST)

06/27/2018 Amsterdam Multicam done by @fillow - they have been sending me a lot of video recordings that I have been slowly getting up onto the archive and this one is epic with almost 40 different camera angles during this show. It was a huge undertaking and an awesome video to watch back.

08/14/2018 Bangkok by @fillow as well. Two camera source, pretty much from the same person as they are standing next to each other. Must be friends/bf/gf. The video is quite good and the first recording to surface from this date. Fillow took the time to add them altogether into one seamless film. Front row, with some decent audio, not too bad.

Again, you can download on the archive at ninlive.com and then we have a few links to YouTube pages and the archive's channel if you want to just stream it.

More coming.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So, in the last few days I've added a few more video recordings to the archive. Here they are...

The Live Cold and Black and Infinite 2018 video release by videotape aka @mauro995

05/24/1994 London, Forum Master 8 video transfer - epic upgrade

05/18/2005 Philadelphia, Electric Factory ISO synced to Crimsons' source 2 Schoeps MK4 audio

05/19/2005 Philadelphia, Electric Factory DVD - this is the infamous "Somethings gonna get broken" show and sadly the master tape from JB is elsewhere, but I have the NTSC DVD on the archive. Surprisingly, I've had it on there for almost 3 years and just never updated the links. My bad. So now, you should be able to download it. - Should be up in the next few hours (this was at 5:30 EST)

06/27/2018 Amsterdam Multicam done by @fillow - they have been sending me a lot of video recordings that I have been slowly getting up onto the archive and this one is epic with almost 40 different camera angles during this show. It was a huge undertaking and an awesome video to watch back.

08/14/2018 Bangkok by @fillow as well. Two camera source, pretty much from the same person as they are standing next to each other. Must be friends/bf/gf. The video is quite good and the first recording to surface from this date. Fillow took the time to add them altogether into one seamless film. Front row, with some decent audio, not too bad.

Again, you can download on the archive at ninlive.com and then we have a few links to YouTube pages and the archive's channel if you want to just stream it.

More coming.
    Happy Birthday, man!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Happy Birthday, man!
    Thank you! Been a very productive birthday. Also the first time I've had a burger in 5 months.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Thank you! Been a very productive birthday. Also the first time I've had a burger in 5 months.
    happy birthday, Ryan. i too succumbed to the burger temptation today. i get dumb like that about every 2 months. now it's sitting there like a ticking time bomb, haha. sure tasted good going down though!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    happy birthday, Ryan. i too succumbed to the burger temptation today. i get dumb like that about every 2 months. now it's sitting there like a ticking time bomb, haha. sure tasted good going down though!
    LOL my girlfriend and I said the same thing. Praying for all of us today!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does the videotape edit exist in color?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    Nope, this is how the edit was presented. Just like all of the videos released from NIN. I think it's pretty great the way it is.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I have uploaded and worked meticulously on this uncirculated Columbia 05/12/2000 DAT master tape. You can read all that went into it below. I guess I'm just proud and feel accomplished for taking out over 15-20k in mic pops and they don't show up at all on the tape after some repairing. "Wish" from this show is pretty rad and their first show after the cancellation in Nassau. Random thing... But love that for the pre-show playlist, Recoil was always playing while The New Flesh was mixed in.

https://ninlive.com/shows/2000/20000512.html

Nine Inch Nails
    May 12, 2000
    Columbia, MD
    Merriweather Post Pavilion
    Fragility Tour v2.0

Equipment: Schoeps MK4Vs + Sony SBM-1 + DAT Recorder
    Lineage: DAT Master > Sony 59ES > Optical Cable > PowerMac G5 (16/48)
    Taper: Anonymous
    Transferred By: keytohwy
    Editing: Audition - See notes below.

Setlist:
    The New Flesh/Pinion
    Terrible Lie
    Sin
    March of the Pigs
    Piggy
    The Frail
    The Wretched
    Gave Up
    La Mer
    The Great Below
    The Mark Has Been Made
    Wish
    Complication
    Suck
    Closer
    Head Like a Hole
    The Day The World Went Away
    Even Deeper
    Starfuckers Inc.
    Hurt

Notes:
    I just happened to PM someone on DIME about a rig I've seen in a city that NIN had been in and wondered if they had taped them. As it usually pans out, they didn't. BUT, they had a DAT master transfer of this show on their hard drive just sitting there! I was pretty stoked to hear about it. Luckily, keytowhy was very kind and sent over the raw transfer! Was looking forward to working on it, but didn't realize the amount I would do on it. It seemed that this recording suffered from a bad mic connection, or it wasn't all the way plugged in. Throughout the night in the left channel there were many clicks/pops that happened. But thankfully, I was able to remove almost all of them! Which turned this tape into a pretty stellar one! Of course, there are one or two moments where there are consecutive runs of pops which affects the channel. But again, maybe once or twice after listening to this over three times. Below is some of the work I did on this show:

- Auto heal ~15,000 pops/clicks and remove them from the left channel
    - Heal repair Pinion and beginning of Terrible Lie due to hot levels
    - The Wretched, spliced 14 seconds from the left channel to right channel due to mic dropout
    - Gave Up, 4 seconds from left to right. Like above.
    - Used phase correction to help due to the faulty mic connection.

This is source 2 on the archive and the 2nd source to be released from this show. I would say this is the better of the two recordings on the archive at this point. Some interesting banter pre show and then there is one guy who really wants The Frail and The Great Below right before each song. Ha! Big thanks to the taper and keytohwy for sending this over! Super great to have this for the archive!
    Last edited by ninlive; 05-27-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    No, and it looked much worst like that, believe me. Since I used videos from lots of different shows, recorded with completely different cameras, the black and white helps a lot to unify the look of the video in addition to fitting in with the aesthetics of the Bad Witch era.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    No, and it looked much worst like that, believe me. Since I used videos from lots of different shows, recorded with completely different cameras, the black and white helps a lot to unify the look of the video in addition to fitting in with the aesthetics of the Bad Witch era.
    I agree, after I went to the 2 Vegas shows near the end of that 2018 tour and saw The Perfect Drug and Happiness in Slavery among others for the first time live I searched Youtube for decent video and audio and it did not do the shows justice and I didn't want crappy audience recordings and cell phone videos ruining my memories of the best NIN tour ever.

Fast forward to a month or two ago of this year before Trent's email mentioning Videotape's edit on Youtube and I came across the ToolDVN recordings on ninlive.com and they blew my mind! Now those recordings did the shows justice, so I made a 54 track playlist with all the songs (no doubles) and rearranged the order a bit and it was perfect! Then I found Videotape's Youtube video with that audio and it was even better than just the audio alone. Nice close up shots and it felt like it had a good continuity (no songs with Trent wearing a jacket, then a t-shirt, then a jacket, etc). So I downloaded Videotape's video and added a bunch of my favorites from the tour in my video program, used ToolDVN's audio and made the videos black and white to match and it's the best memento of that tour.

I've made several NIN live playlists and videos over the years from each tour and I always get major NIN fatigue afterwards from searching and trying to find the best audience recordings that it ruins the project for me. It was nice to enjoy someone else's hardwork for a change that turned out beautifully - thanks Videotape and ToolDVN!!!

The videos that are in color aren't as interesting to watch and just feel like all the same cell phone videos from previous tours - but they are even more boring with no fancy stage effects going on. Make them black and white with an awesome IEM audio mix and they are like fine art films.