Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Live Archive, Audio/Video Recording Thread - Download Links

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Seriously he answered ? I need of course the big file !
    I ripped it its about 12gb total in 4k streaming format let me know where you want it uploaded.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    I ripped it its about 12gb total in 4k streaming format let me know where you want it uploaded.
    Me too, that's what I used (actually not because I was lazy but the idea was there) no, I'm doing multicam, I need the (very) big file.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    So, I updated the site with a few more recordings earlier this week. Here is what has been added.

Amsterdam 06/27/2018 - Rudd_A's Recording
    Yokohama 01/14/2000 - Unknown Video Recording
    Oakland 10/14/1994 - 1st Gen Video Recording (recommended!)
    Orlando 08/20/1991 - Unknown Video Recording

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Just published a second Paris multicam I had only 4 cams and tons of red, did I pass ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice! The color(s) of the cameras match well and we don't see too much the security guy on the left.
    Good Job !!
    I wish the Full Show...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just published a second Paris multicam I had only 4 cams and tons of red, did I pass ?
    Someone commented on your vid about his own multicam it seems

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Someone commented on your vid about his own multicam it seems
    Yeah, ppl are funny, nobody answered me on youtube still waiting

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Remember that 1990 show? Someone just posted this master tape on Youtube. Thought you all would like this especially ninlive.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Remember that 1990 show? Someone just posted this master tape on Youtube. Thought you all would like this especially ninlive.

Yeah he made two posts on /r/nin

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...s_tx_1990_new/

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment..._september_13/

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Holy shit... There are have been a few new transfers of a few shows. I have been trying to get that Nashville 94 show. FULLMETAL just told me that he recorded that Orlando 1991 video and retransferred it a few years ago!!!! So, that will be up soon as well!

@ninjaw I don't think anyone is going to send over the raw footage of the Paris 2018 show from that channel. Do you think you could send over the 12GB 4K footage you ripped from YouTube? I have the FTP credentials if you'd like to use that?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Holy shit... There are have been a few new transfers of a few shows. I have been trying to get that Nashville 94 show. FULLMETAL just told me that he recorded that Orlando 1991 video and retransferred it a few years ago!!!! So, that will be up soon as well!

@ninjaw I don't think anyone is going to send over the raw footage of the Paris 2018 show from that channel. Do you think you could send over the 12GB 4K footage you ripped from YouTube? I have the FTP credentials if you'd like to use that?
    @ScreamingSlave

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post

Sure, but I just used JDownloader to rip it

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Mad Cool Festival

Here is the AAC audio track, extracted directly from the stream, split and tagged:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/sy0kza...%2529.zip/file

Video, your choice of MKV or MP4, both in 576p25 (standard def) with chapter markers:

NIN 2018-07-14 Mad Cool Festival - Madrid, Spain (MKV).torrent.zip
    NIN 2018-07-14 Mad Cool Festival - Madrid, Spain (MP4).torrent.zip

Non-torrent download options (it's only 825 MB):

MKV: http://www.mediafire.com/file/w9dr15...0%28MKV%29.zip
    MP4: http://www.mediafire.com/file/aubkiu...0%28MP4%29.zip

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tuned in from "Afraid of Americans" onward. Was pretty cool to see the video feed all in black and white. I had audio drop out on me a bunch (but that might have just been my terrible connection speed). And then "Hurt" got cut off right as it started, which was a bummer, guess they stop broadcasting.

Thanks to @TheBang for grabbing the whole transmission and releasing it, because they were on fucking fire!

I love the "Somewhat Damaged"/"Day the World Went Away" combo as an opener. May have to try cleaning up this low bit rate audio, if a higher quality source without dropouts doesn't emerge...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Apparently it is going to be re-broadcast on TV in Spain at some point in the near future...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Was "Hurt" cut off during the stream or something?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @mostlymad Yeah it was cut off

Hope we get a good re-broadcast

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Mad Cool Festival

Here is the AAC audio track, extracted directly from the stream, split and tagged:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/sy0kza...%2529.zip/file

Video, your choice of MKV or MP4, both in 576p25 (standard def) with chapter markers:

NIN 2018-07-14 Mad Cool Festival - Madrid, Spain (MKV).torrent.zip
    NIN 2018-07-14 Mad Cool Festival - Madrid, Spain (MP4).torrent.zip

Non-torrent download options (it's only 825 MB):

MKV: http://www.mediafire.com/file/w9dr15...0%28MKV%29.zip
    MP4: http://www.mediafire.com/file/aubkiu...0%28MP4%29.zip
    Is there a difference between the mkv and mp4 in terms of quality of encoding, or is it just an option for compatibility reasons?

EDIT: Never mind, I found an old post of yours that explains.
    Last edited by zecho; 07-15-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    As a general rule in taping ALD devices belong to disabled people only not tapers and IEM captures are a big no no you are stealing a SBD feed used by the band to capture that and its generally not that good anyway dropouts clicks etc. if you want soundboards wait for the band to put them out officially or sell them that's the best source.
    I've always heard how bad it is to capture IEM recordings, but I've never heard why. I respect it as something that I don't know enough about, but could anyone tell me what makes it so wrong?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I've always heard how bad it is to capture IEM recordings, but I've never heard why. I respect it as something that I don't know enough about, but could anyone tell me what makes it so wrong?
    The few IEMs I've heard just sound unbalanced, that's all. Not wrong, just a bit off.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Mad Cool Festival performance is badass. Thank you for the download links!!

Is anyone else loving Robin's lead vocals on SHIT MIRROR?! He's perfect for that song.

I also love the slightly extended, noisier intro to AHEAD OF OURSELVES <3

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    For IEMs, the biggest issue is that it's an internal sound feed meant for a specific band member only. The mix is not what you hear coming out of the PA; certain elements may be over or under emphasized depending on that band member's requirements. There may be internal production chatter. There may be a click track. In short, it's not something that's meant to be heard by the general public and is not a flattering representation of the performance.

ALDs, on the other hand, is there a stigma associated with those? Unlike IEMs, ALDs are intended to be heard by the audience. So, I'm not sure if there's a problem with recording and sharing those. I haven't heard many of them, but one I can recall was not very impressive quality.

Edit: I listened to a few ALDs on Dime, and they can sound pretty good, if a bit dry. I think a lot of it is dependent on the venue's transmission quality and your device's reception, so it can be a crap shoot.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    For IEMs, the biggest issue is that it's an internal sound feed meant for a specific band member only. The mix is not what you hear coming out of the PA; certain elements may be over or under emphasized depending on that band member's requirements. There may be internal production chatter. There may be a click track. In short, it's not something that's meant to be heard by the general public and is not a flattering representation of the performance.

ALDs, on the other hand, is there a stigma associated with those? Unlike IEMs, ALDs are intended to be heard by the audience. So, I'm not sure if there's a problem with recording and sharing those. I haven't heard many of them, but one I can recall was not very impressive quality.

Edit: I listened to a few ALDs on Dime, and they can sound pretty good, if a bit dry. I think a lot of it is dependent on the venue's transmission quality and your device's reception, so it can be a crap shoot.
    The Issue with ALD recordings is unless your a taper with a disability and need the ALD for the concert to actually hear it your taking a device that may be needed for a person with a disability and if they don't have enough devices you are therefore denying someone with a disability the opportunity to hear the show they paid for by using a device they need but you took to bootleg a show its a moral issue and one most people should realize is wrong.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Is there a difference between the mkv and mp4 in terms of quality of encoding, or is it just an option for compatibility reasons?

EDIT: Never mind, I found an old post of yours that explains.
    Mind sharing then ?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Mind sharing then ?
    Easy : there is absoluty no differences

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Easy : there is absoluty no differences
    Hard : I'm interested in a good summary of technical specs

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Seriously ? This is a perfect capture, the idea is to not loose a bit, so, they are exactly the same, and are doing the same. As you should know H264 is everywhere and that include MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, TS and even DIVX those doesn't mean anything anymore.

Now yes, offering both doesn't mean anything, and is totally useless, the only difference is that MP4 is played on more hardware, and that's all. At the very last, MKV is know to be better handled on some PC...
    Last edited by ninjaw; 07-17-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    MKV is generally considered to be the better file type, but is less supported by mobile devices, televisions, and gaming consoles. There is no meaningful difference in terms of quality between the two. I was only asking to see if there was a difference in the way these particular files were encoded, but I found a response on ninlive that said they were identical.
    Last edited by zecho; 07-17-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    IEMs (in ear monitors) are a direct link between the artist and the engineer mixing for them. It also often includes one or more talkback mics, which allow the artist, engineer, and various techs / managers to communicate throughout the show. So in that sense, recording these sources feels very much akin to wiretapping someone's phone. That's creepy. I understand some peoples' draw to that...it's behind-the-scenes stuff. Sometimes it's interesting. Sometimes it's unbelievably boring. But it's private - the artist is never consenting to that stuff being listened in on by unauthorized people.

In another sense, as someone else has mentioned, most artists do not have a "perfect" mix - that is, it's extremely unbalanced, because they want certain things emphasized or reduced. And in the case of vocalists, they often have no effects of any kind, which can make even a pretty good singer sound a little "weird". So you're now stealing a private mix that doesn't necessarily sound "good" to unintended listeners. It's amazing how much the PA in the room helps to mask minor imperfections in a performance. IEM mixes are far less forgiving, and as an artist, I'd be pretty self-conscious about other people listening to that.

And yes, the difference between this and ALD recordings is that at least ALD is meant to be used by the audience. But all technical reasons aside, the risk of possibly taking this from someone who legitimately needs the device is reason enough to not use them for recordings.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Mind sharing then ?
    There's no difference with the content. The elementary streams (audio and video) are identical. The only difference is the container, MKV container vs. MP4. I used the chapter marker features for both also, so there's no difference there. So, it's basically just a matter of preference or convenience as to which one you want or that your playback devices support. For example, some playback devices might not support chapter markers in MP4 files, but will recognize them in MKV.