Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1438

Thread: NIN Live Archive, Audio/Video Recording Thread - Download Links

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I wish I saved the lineage of my VMA recording, but it’s been lost to time. I recently uploaded it to my YouTube, but it never saved as a 480p video - just 360p.

My source was either DirecTV or the in-house cable feed at Techwood recorded on D2 tape. Bumped that D2 to Digibeta sometime in 2001 and encoded that Digibeta to QuickTime mid 2018.

*edit* Sent my QT to @ninlive for reference & comparison.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 01-05-2020 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Laziness.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    hey @ninlive once again i'm disappointed with the quality of your chosen nine fragile 9.9.99 dvd. I say once again because i was horrified by woodstock....
    Again I know this is probably lost in translation and maybe I’m a bit sensitive. But why TF do you have to be so derogatory about what I upload? First off, what’s great is you can HELP with getting better sources for the archive and I will make changes as I go along... What I have is what I have at the moment in my collection. Maybe you haven’t read the “about archive” page of ninlive, so here it is:

“We strive to be as accurate as possible with the archives; corrections, feedback and better sources are always welcome.”

This is stuff I have collected and sitting on a hard drive. I’m one person who makes all the updates and edits to this. So if there is a better source, I’d love some HELP finding them instead of doing all the legwork all the time.

I’m all for making the archive as detailed as possible. But I don’t need the derogatory remarks when it’s all I have.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The pre-FM source for the 2005 Almost Acoustic Christmas show is terrific. I've matrixed it with the audience recording on NINlive, for an optimal listening experience, and I'd like to figure out how to take the crappy webcast video I still have and sync it up with this, upscaling the visual part as best I can to match the quality of the audio. Anyone have any recommended tools for getting a 15fps 240p ASF stream to look half-way decent?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Anyone have any recommended tools for getting a 15fps 240p ASF stream to look half-way decent?
    Remove glasses / contacts and get drunk?

Sorry, I don't have a real suggestion other than a pessimistic "I don't think it's possible". It's one thing to make a DVD-res source look good on an HD set, but starting with something that small is probably going to look like garbage on pretty much anything bigger than a cell phone. Having said that, I think it would still be worth taking on the project.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I did a first pass of de-noising the old KROQ webcast video with VLC, and now I'm trying my best to colour-time each song individually to make the visual disruptions/crushed colours/macroblocking look at least 'appropriate-ish' for these intense late-2005 performances (one of Josh Freese's earliest shows playing in the band, not just as a fill-in drummer). I think the footage's charm is greatly obscured by its poor contrast levels and compression artifacts; the other problem with how it's shot is that they weren't using a dedicated film crew, just a couple of guys at the front rows doing handheld, and a single wide shot (which is also mostly zoomed all the way in), so for most of it the light show is going on in the background while you see close-up band members in silhouette, or very dimly lit with occasional bursts of strobe effects. But it's chock-full of exciting stuff, nevertheless!
    Last edited by botley; 01-07-2020 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So, I've thinking about dabbling in the taping scene a little bit. I don't go to a lot of shows, but I always like to see if I can snag recordings of shows I've been to, and the taper scene really sucks where I am (or really exclusive, and I have no clue where they are). I know there's a few tapers on here, wondering if there is a recommended recorder? or one that's usually considered the standard when sneaking something into a concert? Someone have a suggestion for me to start looking into it?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    So, I've thinking about dabbling in the taping scene a little bit. I don't go to a lot of shows, but I always like to see if I can snag recordings of shows I've been to, and the taper scene really sucks where I am (or really exclusive, and I have no clue where they are). I know there's a few tapers on here, wondering if there is a recommended recorder? or one that's usually considered the standard when sneaking something into a concert? Someone have a suggestion for me to start looking into it?
    Go back a few pages. We talk a bit about some of the new recorders that are out and mics. Very entry level, but will give you some great tapes.

PS - I've never seen a Calgary NIN show recording. And if they ever tour, I'm going up to Calgary/Winnipeg/Vancouver to make sure these get taped.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I started off with a Tascam DR-05 and a set of Core Sound budget Stealthy Cardiodis, cost less than $200. All 3 of my NIN tapes were done with that rig, and the results were good to start with.

http://ninlive.com/shows/2013/20130928.html
    http://ninlive.com/shows/2017/20170915.html
    http://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181026.html

Taping is 75% location and 25% equipment. Being front of soundboard with no one around you is gonna give the best results, but Ill settle for inline with a stack if that's not an option.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

RITC's Audio/Video Recording Thread - Download Links

Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Go back a few pages. We talk a bit about some of the new recorders that are out and mics. Very entry level, but will give you some great tapes.

PS - I've never seen a Calgary NIN show recording. And if they ever tour, I'm going up to Calgary/Winnipeg/Vancouver to make sure these get taped.
    Dude, I’ve been to the Calgary shows, and I’d LOVE to listen to those again! I remember them playing Meet Your Master, have a 15 second video clip...if I only knew that was going to be a deep cut when touring!

I’ve asked around on local forums if people know tapers as well, no luck

Pretty common to see the Vancouver/Toronto shows get taped though.

Got my hands on signed Lithos for the Calgary and Winnipeg show though!

I’ll dig through some of the previous posts, I don’t want to invest a crazy amount, but a somewhat decent setup would be nice.

Have you guys had issues getting gear in?
    Last edited by Callahan; 01-08-2020 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post

I’ll dig through some of the previous posts, I don’t want to invest a crazy amount, but a somewhat decent setup would be nice.

Have you guys had issues getting gear in?
    No I never have, but people generally don't talk tactics in public forums. If you have been to enough shows, you should know where and what types of searches people get subjected to, get creative.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I never had any issues smuggling my gear, but I was in better shape and didn't have to worry about going through a metal detector. That said, I did get the attention of someone during my Tilburg recording. I think a security guy saw me holding the mic, but I was able to hide it inside my long sleeve shirt and position myself to be more in the shadows when they asked if I was taping. Talk about an uncomfortable five minutes!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    As I couldn't find info on these recordings om NINlive, I'm gonna assume they're new (or at least new to some people) and dump them here as usual:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    As I couldn't find info on these recordings om NINlive, I'm gonna assume they're new (or at least new to some people) and dump them here as usual:
    ohhh! so glad to see a full Vegas video! I was at that show, and never really took any video or photos, this will be fun to re-watch!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    @fillow

I just got a 1st gen VHS of the Montreal show. I will be posting it soon. First time I had seen it in this good of quality.

EDIT: PS, I also have that Vegas recording in its raw 20GB form.
    Last edited by ninlive; 01-09-2020 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I was so excited to finally add the Council Bluffs, Iowa audience recording from 2008 today. I have been looking for that for the last decade. The tape is pretty unbelievable too. I don't listen to all of the recordings all the way through. But I took my time today to listen to all 2h5mins of it. Great tape. Totally forgot how good that setlist was from that tour...

Also... A little bird just dropped some amazing stuff on me today from NOLA 2018. Here is a sample: http://www.ninlive.com/samples/2018/20181123tooldvn.mp3

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Oh fuck yes I was at that show! Thanks!!!

I remember someone throwing a bra on stage and Trent commenting on how those must have been some " big titties, I've always wanted to say that on stage" "ok back to some depressing music"

Part of the screen glitched out during the Ghosts tracks too.

I have pictures from the show my ex took, I'll upload them to imgur once I get a chance to dig the CD out.

Not including my 3 tapes, all the nin shows I've been to have tapes in circulation now.

Fuckin awesome, wish I could listen to it tonight but I have to be to work at 630am
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 01-26-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Also... A little bird just dropped some amazing stuff on me today from NOLA 2018. Here is a sample: http://www.ninlive.com/samples/2018/20181123tooldvn.mp3
    Holy... This sounds amazing. I can't wait to hear Sin, The Perfect Drug, ATLITW and Even Deeper.

Setlist from the show:
    Twin Peaks Intro
    Branches/Bones
    Wish
    Less Than
    March of the Pigs
    The Lovers
    This Isn't The Place
    Reptile
    Sin
    The Perfect Drug
    Shit Mirror
    Ahead of Ourselves
    God Break Down The Door
    Copy of A
    Gave Up
    I'm Afraid of Americans
    The Hand That Feeds
    Head Like a Hole
    All The Love In The World
    Even Deeper
    Hurt

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I was so excited to finally add the Council Bluffs, Iowa audience recording from 2008 today. I have been looking for that for the last decade. The tape is pretty unbelievable too. I don't listen to all of the recordings all the way through. But I took my time today to listen to all 2h5mins of it. Great tape. Totally forgot how good that setlist was from that tour...

thanks ninlive!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive;481670
    Also... A little bird just dropped some amazing stuff on me today from NOLA 2018. Here is a sample: [URL
    http://www.ninlive.com/samples/2018/20181123tooldvn.mp3[/URL]
    That sounds soooo fucking good. Can't wait to hear the rest! Is this the IEM that was recorded from those shows? Because if so, it's probably the best sounding one I've ever heard.
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 01-27-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Oh fuck yes I was at that show! Thanks!!!

I remember someone throwing a bra on stage and Trent commenting on how those must have been some " big titties, I've always wanted to say that on stage" "ok back to some depressing music"
    Oh my god, I forgot all about that one.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I really hope whoever this belligerent asshole during Vessel from the 2008-11-26 bootleg is got knocked the fuck out.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I really hope whoever this belligerent asshole during Vessel from the 2008-11-26 bootleg is got knocked the fuck out.
    The bane of the taper. You dont want to tell them to shut the fuck up, you run the risk of escalating the situation. Nor do you want to tell people in advance that your taping, the last thing you want is getting turned into security. You could always move yourself but that fucks with the overall sound of the tape.

What I usually try to do is bring a friend (or 2) that "is in on it" with me, that can serve as blockers, keeping the screamers, clappers, singers and even worse, whistlers, as far away as possible.

I don't get mad anymore though, people enjoy concerts in different ways.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I went ahead and uploaded the best pictures from this show, enjoy!

Nine Inch Nails 2008.11.26 Mid American Center Council Bluffs IA https://imgur.com/gallery/E3XeVY3

Edit: I haven't looked at these in close to a decade, man these bring back memories. Fucking killer production, and I absolutely loved the Year Zero/Ghosts/Slip era, I had started to loose interest during WT but this whole era got me so invested and been there since.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 01-27-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I keep forgetting how amazing those LITS shows were. 2.5 hours of NIN... That's just insane. Not many bands will play that long and that is why I always keep NIN at the top of my list for live performances. Thanks for sharing those pictures!

Yes, I rarely tell others to be quiet at shows because literally everyone gets butthurt when you tell them that. Like, I can hear you over the 100-110db music. That's insane. But yet you're offended I am telling you to STFU. It's something you just have to deal with when you're doing stealth. Comes with the territory, I guess.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thanks @ninlive , I wish they were better quality, but there are still alot of good ones that really capture the scale and scope of the production. Hopefully Trent decided to do another big production tour like this and Tension again. Don't get me wrong, I loved the raw and visceral and in your face light and fog show of Cold and Black and Infinite, but pictures and videos do little to convey how awesome the multilayered screen effects can get during songs like Running and 34 Ghosts IV, seeing that in person is just mind blowing.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Glad to see The Gift posted! My old DVD that I burned won't play anymore. It's up on YouTube of course, but having to have every song load first before it plays kind of ruins the flow. I'm pretty sentimental about that release since it was the only tour I got to see in person and because it happened right when I was diving head first into fandom. I love the raw energy of the whole thing. I like that it's not as polished as Beside You In Time and is more in line with the feel of And All That Could Have Been. The performances were great, although my one (very minor) complaint is that you can tell Trent's voice was getting pretty tired by the end of the tour. Still, it was a great release and one I was happy to revisit after some time!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Loving all this LITS era stuff, like I said before, great times. Especially after being a fan back when you had to wait 4+ years between releases, the non stop output of With Teeth into Year Zero into Ghosts into The Slip. Such a great time to be NIN fan.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I keep forgetting how amazing those LITS shows were. 2.5 hours of NIN... That's just insane. Not many bands will play that long and that is why I always keep NIN at the top of my list for live performances. Thanks for sharing those pictures!

Yes, I rarely tell others to be quiet at shows because literally everyone gets butthurt when you tell them that. Like, I can hear you over the 100-110db music. That's insane. But yet you're offended I am telling you to STFU. It's something you just have to deal with when you're doing stealth. Comes with the territory, I guess.
    Thanks for The Gift, Ryan. Totally appropriate as it was my bday this week. I'm of an age where I try to ignore it but happy to make an exception for this!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Thanks for The Gift, Ryan. Totally appropriate as it was my bday this week. I'm of an age where I try to ignore it but happy to make an exception for this!
    You should always celebrate your birthday. No matter how old you are. I hope you have a great week!

I have just uploaded Lowlight10's front(ish) row video recording from Noblesville 05-30-2009. It's been on my hard drive for almost a decade. Some of the best footage from the NIN|JA Tour.

I've got such a backlog of recordings to upload to the archive. I am gonna work on most of them this upcoming weekend. Things are just super busy here.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    You should always celebrate your birthday. No matter how old you are. I hope you have a great week!

I have just uploaded Lowlight10's front(ish) row video recording from Noblesville 05-30-2009. It's been on my hard drive for almost a decade. Some of the best footage from the NIN|JA Tour.

I've got such a backlog of recordings to upload to the archive. I am gonna work on most of them this upcoming weekend. Things are just super busy here.

Thanks again!