Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Live Archive, Audio/Video Recording Thread - Download Links

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Are you saying MP4 is not perfect but recoded ? if no, mkv is useless, because it's exactly the same.
    It's better if you ask @TheBang these questions. I know nothing about video codecs or what is good. Both of them are perfectly fine. But with the .mkv file you can't add it into iTunes because iTunes does not accept .mkv files. MP4 is native to iTunes so people can specifically add them to their iTunes in order to play them on tablets/phones/ipods etc etc.

Makes sense?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    It's better if you ask @TheBang these questions. I know nothing about video codecs or what is good. Both of them are perfectly fine. But with the .mkv file you can't add it into iTunes because iTunes does not accept .mkv files. MP4 is native to iTunes so people can specifically add them to their iTunes in order to play them on tablets/phones/ipods etc etc.
    Makes sense?
    Oh i'm not complaining, obviously i prefer mkv, i just don't see the point offering twice the same thing.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Oh i'm not complaining, obviously i prefer mkv, i just don't see the point offering twice the same thing.
    So people don't have to convert the mkv file themselves to something native (mp4) in order to watch them on their tablet/iphone/ipod/ps3 etc etc.

EDIT: I know you are not complaining ninjaw. I'm just trying to tell you the reason for the two formats.
    Last edited by ninlive; 08-08-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So people don't have to convert the mkv file themselves to something native (mp4) in order to watch them on their tablet/iphone/ipod/ps3 etc etc.
    Thank you oh so very much!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Try re-downloading it once again. I think I fixed the problem.
    sweet thanks! unzipped fine this time. stuck it on a flash drive and plugged it into my tv. hello 1080p nails at lolla!!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oddly I downloaded the MP4 file and there's a codec issue on my Samsung Smart TV, so won't play from memory stick. Converted to burn to DVD last night, came out a little stuttery. Does anyone have a Blu Ray iso file that they could torrent if they've already burnt to Blu Ray, so that I can download and take to my local computer store for them to burn (I don't have a Blu Ray burner). Quite happy watching the YouTube stream for now, but would prefer in the long term to have on a Blu Ray as my PC/laptop are occasionally a bit laggy.

Many thanks for all your efforts on this everyone. Awesome project - (the whole thing, not just Lollapalooza).

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    God, physical disk are so outdated... what kind of bluray player you own who cannot read simple files ? I myself own the marvelous DUNE HD who can read bluray iso on internal HDD, but i also own the famous french freebox and his FREE file/bluray/terabit network reader ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    God, physical disk are so outdated... what kind of bluray player you own who cannot read simple files ? I myself own the marvelous DUNE HD who can read bluray iso on internal HDD, but i also own the famous french freebox and his FREE file/bluray/terabit network reader ?
    ...or I'm just old fashioned, and not hugely tech-minded! Weirdly it (memory stick) has no problem with an mp4 of the HTDA Coachella Stream produced by someone here a while back, but this one, not having it...!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    ...or I'm just old fashioned, and not hugely tech-minded! Weirdly it (memory stick) has no problem with an mp4 of the HTDA Coachella Stream produced by someone here a while back, but this one, not having it...!
    If your bluray player doesn't have usb or wifi can't it read files on dvd ?, MP4 are encoded by youtube, you can try to fix it using a tool but i already tried Tmpgenc and it'w worst than ever, audio fuck fix operations.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Note : A new version of the audio album is available on ritc without bug at track 4 1'04
    Any way to tell by the files if we grabbed it before or after the new version?

Was the video affected as well?

Thanks for all your efforts on this. I was at the show and couldn't really see anything for the first 30-40 min because of the location I was at.. so this is pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Any way to tell by the files if we grabbed it before or after the new version?
    Was the video affected as well?
    Thanks for all your efforts on this. I was at the show and couldn't really see anything for the first 30-40 min because of the location I was at.. so this is pretty awesome.
    Nope, previous version had 3sec missing a whole lyric in track 4 1'04, video wasn't affected by this particular bug.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You will loose chapters, ritc mp4 does have chapters
    OK, I'll download the MP4 since I'm to lazy to make my own chapters.

& I'll grab the fixed audio as I have the one with the glitch.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    OK, I'll download the MP4 since I'm to lazy to make my own chapters.

& I'll grab the fixed audio as I have the one with the glitch.
    I think he meant to say doesn't.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I think he meant to say doesn't.
    I thought he meant that if I converted the MKV to MP4 I wouldn't have chapters, & that the MP4 from RITC does have them.

(& @ninjaw I realize English is probably not your primary language, so don't take any of this as criticism)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    I thought he meant that if I converted the MKV to MP4 I wouldn't have chapters, & that the MP4 from RITC does have them.
    That's what i said, however i was wrong, my mistake, so YAMB should do the trick.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I just double checked and there are no chapters on my mp4 (which kinda sucks since I watch it on my PS3 since that's what's hooked up to my good tv/speakers and it doesn't read mkv without having to do conversions which would probably lose the chapters anyway.... oh well, nothing anyone can do about that - except Sony I guess, but they're probably not reading this thread).

As a side note, I also learned from skimming through the file that Piggy on x1.5 speed is really damn funky.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If your bluray player doesn't have usb or wifi can't it read files on dvd ?, MP4 are encoded by youtube, you can try to fix it using a tool but i already tried Tmpgenc and it'w worst than ever, audio fuck fix operations.
    It can, but doesn't DVD only go to 720, and as I said it was stuttery from my first rip. I'd prefer the 1080, obviously.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    DVD only go to 720
    [technicality_nazi]Actually, DVD only goes to 480i for NTSC and 576i for PAL[/technicality_nazi]

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I just double checked and there are no chapters on my mp4 (which kinda sucks since I watch it on my PS3 since that's what's hooked up to my good tv/speakers
    I actually just found out how to add chapters to MP4, so I'll do that tonight (baby's mood permitting), and reupload it to Ryan, so he can post it to RITC.

It can, but doesn't DVD only go to 720, and as I said it was stuttery from my first rip. I'd prefer the 1080, obviously.
    Actually, I think ninjaw was suggesting putting the file onto a DVD-ROM disc, and seeing if your player can read the file that way.

Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    [technicality_nazi]Actually, DVD only goes to 480i for NTSC and 576i for PAL[/technicality_nazi]
    [pedantic_nazi]Actually, shouldn't that be "[technological_nazi]"?[/pedantic_nazi]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Actually, I think ninjaw was suggesting putting the file onto a DVD-ROM disc, and seeing if your player can read the file that way.
    Do you mean as a data file, but putting it onto a normal DVD+ disc?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Do you mean as a data file, but putting it onto a normal DVD+ disc?
    Yep... remember that good old time when we used to burn divx and play them on dvd players?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yep... remember that good old time when we used to burn divx and play them on dvd players?
    Old school!

Yep, done that and it works great. Will no doubt re-do when the chapters are inserted too. Having downloaded the mkv file too, put that on my memory stick and plugged into my telly (bearing in mind there was a codec issue on the mp4 for me, and that's why I needed to burn to disc in the first place) it worked fine...sods law.

Cheers, as always, for you help ninjaw and TheBang.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

RITC's Festival/Tension 2013 Audio/Video Recording Thread - Download Links

Oddly I downloaded the MP4 file and there's a codec issue on my Samsung Smart TV, so won't play from memory stick.
    The mkv worked great on my Samsung smart tv. no converting necessary!

EDIT: oops a bit late.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    The mkv worked great on my Samsung smart tv. no converting necessary!

EDIT: oops a bit late.
    Bloody useful isn't it, looks fantastic on mine!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

RITC's Festival/Tension 2013 Audio/Video Recording Thread - Download Links

Bloody useful isn't it, looks fantastic on mine!
    That's the main reason I bought that TV and I looove it. Have a 2TB hard drive hooked up via USB so I just transfer over my files and voila.

Definitely appreciate all the hard work going into getting high quality rips guys! Hopefully I'll be able to contribute at some point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Even though I'm almost 30, I'm new to downloading MP4 and burning it to DVD. I am downloading the Chicago 2013 NIN concert to a zip drive, is there anyway to take it from the Zip Drive and burn it straight to a DVD on my computer (Dell Inspiron). Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jathur02 View Post
    I am downloading the Chicago 2013 NIN concert to a zip drive, is there anyway to take it from the Zip Drive and burn it straight to a DVD on my computer (Dell Inspiron).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    very funny, but I don't need gif's or un-necessary replies. I'm just simply trying to figure out how to get the downloaded material to a DVD. Thanks.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    It may not be the best, but I use this one whenever I'm burning a DVD off of a movie file and it worked well so far. Haven't testet it with a BluRay yet.

http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jathur02 View Post
    very funny, but I don't need gif's or un-necessary replies.
    No, I'm genuinely confused (hence the confusion smilies). Who still uses a Zip drive?