Thread: NIN Live Archive, Audio/Video Recording Thread - Download Links

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I gotta be honest...being the guy that gets cursed out sucks ass and makes me hate the artist, and seeing it made a publicly available spectacle makes me even angrier. Glad that our 18 hour days, months at a time away from home, and terrible days are entertaining to someone.
    I just think hardcore fans/bootleg collectors just wanna hear the best sounding shows regardless of how it was captured. Some AUD recordings kick ass and some aud recordings sound like shit and like they were recorded on a walkman. Some IEMs sound great and some are horrible with clicktracks and static....People just wanna hear cool sounding shit. If some Japanese bootleggers capture an IEM and it sounds amazing, I'm not gonna condemn them for releasing it "against the artists best wishes"..If its a great sounding NIN show, I dont care how its captured..If one of Trents old employees leaks out 50 soundboards from Trents vault against his wishes and without his permission....I think 99% of NIN fans are going to listen to them regardless...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I just think hardcore fans/bootleg collectors just wanna hear the best sounding shows regardless of how it was captured. Some AUD recordings kick ass and some aud recordings sound like shit and like they were recorded on a walkman. Some IEMs sound great and some are horrible with clicktracks and static....People just wanna hear cool sounding shit. If some Japanese bootleggers capture an IEM and it sounds amazing, I'm not gonna condemn them for releasing it "against the artists best wishes"..If its a great sounding NIN show, I dont care how its captured..If one of Trents old employees leaks out 50 soundboards from Trents vault against his wishes and without his permission....I think 99% of NIN fans are going to listen to them regardless...
    I was just happy to have an IEM recording from the NIN/Soundgarden tour. It wasn't the show I went to but it's a lasting memory. Eraser into Great Destroyer was great. In NIN's case, they played songs the same way nearly every time due to the strict production of the show, so it's almost like it's the show I went to (barring Frail/Wretched and TDTWWA) so it's just cool to have it in the best possible quality. I filmed maybe 30 seconds of Find My Way and I hate myself for not having much of a memory so it's great that NIN Live is here to jog peoples memories.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 07-19-2018 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I was just happy to have an IEM recording from the NIN/Soundgarden tour. It wasn't the show I went to but it's a lasting memory. Eraser into Great Destroyer was great. In NIN's case, they played songs the same way nearly every time due to the strict production of the show, so it's almost like it's the show I went to (barring Frail/Wretched and TDTWWA) so it's just cool to have it in the best possible quality. I filmed maybe 30 seconds of Find My Way and I hate myself for not having much of a memory so it's great that NIN Live is here to jog peoples memories.
    I find that after listening to tapes ive made from any show ive been to, my memories of the concerts actually get more vivid as time goes on.

Besides NIN, the only audio recording ive found from a show I attended, is a Rammstein show in St Paul from 99, and the memories come flooding back. I did find video recordings of Mudvayne's & Slipknot's sets from the Ozzfest in Apple River 2001, and that was equally as awesome .

I have see on tapers lists, audio recordings of Linkin Park's set from the same Ozzfest and a Tool shows from St Paul and Sioux Falls in 2002 exist. I would LOVE to get ahold of ANY of those recordings.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Wait, did I miss something? There’s a 2014 IEM?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Wait, did I miss something? There’s a 2014 IEM?
    http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2014/20140807.html

For some reason, now that I think about it more. The Portland show was in 44.1 originally, *I BELIEVE*. This has come up before. But please correct me if I am wrong and I would love an new copy of it for the archive in the highest quality possible. Thanks.

To transition into something else, I still have a backlog of things I want to do for the website. Things I need to change, add etc... They'll take some time. I finally got with the times and instead of manually adding every file one by one, I made my web editor upload any new save changes to files. I am so happy.

Still always looking for new sources and any tapes you may have laying around... You never know, you may have a lower gen, longer tape, uncirculated tape. Anything!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    For some reason, now that I think about it more. The Portland show was in 44.1 originally, *I BELIEVE*. This has come up before. But please correct me if I am wrong and I would love an new copy of it for the archive in the highest quality possible. Thanks.
    I just checked and the Portland video files are 16/48, just like the other shows. I can do a fresh rip sometime this week, as time allows.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I just checked and the Portland video files are 16/48, just like the other shows. I can do a fresh rip sometime this week, as time allows.
    Don't know why that happened. Sorry about that. Hope that we can fix this in time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2014/20140807.html

To transition into something else, I still have a backlog of things I want to do for the website. Things I need to change, add etc... They'll take some time. I finally got with the times and instead of manually adding every file one by one, I made my web editor upload any new save changes to files. I am so happy.

Still always looking for new sources and any tapes you may have laying around... You never know, you may have a lower gen, longer tape, uncirculated tape. Anything!

OMG this is fantastic! Never knew it existed.

edit: Noooooooo!!!! Clicktrack on The Great Destroyer
    Last edited by Papagolash; 07-29-2018 at 02:48 PM.