Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: How to capture audio/video streams

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks for grabbing the Lowlands stream @ninjaw . I wish they had actually posted the full schedule 24 hours in advance, instead of announcing NIN less than an hour before it started.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    that was pretty much verbatim for the 1st message I got. Is it possible to flip the image, change the pitch or length, or chop it up?
    Not really. Content ID was made to be able to pick things up in the background, like a radio or TV playing, so it's able to match the music unless you really make it unrecognizable.

It's matching the audio, not the video, in this case, so doing anything to the video won't help at all.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Did anyone try the Rock'N'Heim streams from today (Saturday)? Is it region restricted?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    that was pretty much verbatim for the 1st message I got. Is it possible to flip the image, change the pitch or length, or chop it up?
    For the love of god, please don't even bother with any of those things.

Flipped images? Great, now everyone is left handed and the video looks weird. I for one immediately skip any video I see like this.

Change the pitch? It sounds like shit, and it's both painfully annoying to the viewers and, more importantly, disrespectful to the artist to change the way they sound.

And changing the length/chopping it up won't avoid detection.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

How to capture audio/video streams

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    For the love of god, please don't even bother with any of those things.
    Agreed. One additional point, were you to do those types of things in an attempt to circumvent the copyright restriction they already informed you about, they might just decide to disable some or all of your account privileges. What's so important about putting it on YouTube? If you want to make it more accessible, upload it to a more accessible torrent server. TPB is ideal.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Did anyone try the Rock'N'Heim streams from today (Saturday)? Is it region restricted?
    Replays of Friday and Saturday's performances are accessible from www.arte.tv but not rocknheim.arte.tv. I got a continuous circle of loading doom when I tried to watch the Franz Ferdinand video on rocknheim.arte.tv, but it played on www.arte.tv. RMC 5 didn't get the video. Jaksta only got the first chunk and then stopped.

They're using rtmp to serve the stream; I confirmed this with wireshark. I downloaded the Franz Ferdinand set by using the web console to track network requests and then using wget to save the xml file containing the rtmp stream address; the xml file address contains the following string: "events/event-XXXX.xml". There are two rtmp streams contained in the xml: the HD (<urlHd>) and the SD (<urlSd>). I used mplayer to dump the stream with the following command: mplayer -dumpstream <urlHd> -dumpfile bar.flv (though this only worked on OS X and not my linux box). Oddly enough, once I started this command, Jaksta started downloading the full file as well; I'm monitoring the standard RTMP ports of 1935 and 443 with Jaksta.

I tried to save a live stream on arte.tv earlier in the week with both Jaksta and RMC 5 and neither worked. I had to find the stream url with the web console and use mplayer to dump the rtmp stream. I'm going try again with the Heaven Shall Burn stream at 9:25am PDT and see what happens.

I also tried to use rtmpsuck to get the parameters for rtmpdump and it just hung; the stream never started.

Edit: I only got the first 17 minutes of the Franz Ferdinand concert with this method. I'll try it again with the stream running in the flash player and see what happens.

Edit 2: Keeping a copy of the stream running in my browser let me download the whole performance. I really hope that the director of the Franz Ferdinand show isn't doing NIN... there's no reason to have a camera mounted in the rafters doing 360+ degree rotation shots of the stage. It's a concert, not a tilt-a-whirl.
    Last edited by cynicmuse; 08-18-2013 at 02:49 AM. Reason: more info

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    there's no reason to have a camera mounted in the rafters doing 360+ degree rotation shots of the stage. It's a concert, not a tilt-a-whirl.
    lol

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we can get some clean captures today. There are no second chances with RTMP streaming.

Although, I guess they're all being archived here? So we could have many second chances.
    Last edited by TheBang; 08-18-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    here in france it prints 6day archive, and that works perfectly with yesterday's Fucking Ferdinand. ALso RMC5 worked like a charm midweek. Quite strange because they announced somthing else before and they never archived last Depeche Mode performance, so they can do both. Anyway, facts are there.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah, RMC worked pretty well for me. Got several captures, but gotta review them thoroughly to see if there were any drops in the stream.

Looks like the replay is still pending, but hopefully it'll be available later, so we can try, try again, if we didn't get any perfect captures.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It's good to know that RMC worked. I wonder if its due to my Windows 8 installation. I used mplayer to just dump the stream.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    German concert now archived for 5 days http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/video/Rock...ne_Inch_Nails/ (should be more easier to rip, Jdownloader is compatible)

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    still verifying french streams (remember lowlands was announced in less than 24h) these are culturebox streams http://culturebox.francetvinfo.fr/rock-en-seine/lives
    nothing at radios france inter/lemouv

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just wanted to update this list:
    • Aug. 23 - Leeds Festival - Does not appear to have any live streaming
    • Aug. 24 - Rock en Seine - ninjaw is keeping us updated on possibilities here. Possible stream here: http://culturebox.francetvinfo.fr/rock-en-seine/lives
    • Aug. 25 - Reading Festival - Reading Main Stage will be webcast. Info here and here. BBC streams are usually region restricted to UK-only, so make sure you get your proxies and VPN's set up in advance. Reading starts streaming on Friday, so you have almost 3 full days to practice before NIN takes the stage.
    • Aug. 28 - Milan, Italy - Arena show, no stream
    • Aug. 29 - Zurich Open Air - doesn't look like there's any streaming
    • Sep. 1 - Made in America Festival - This was webcast last year on YouTube and audio on Pandora. This press release says there will be a live stream this year, but no further details so far.
    • Oct. 26 - Mountain Oasis Festival - doesn't appear to have any streaming. I e-mailed them and they said there are no plans at this time.
    • Nov. - Voodoo Experience - No word on this year, but Voodoo streamed last year on Ustream: http://www.ustream.tv/voodooexperience

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Woooopppp look like Arte France finally got live streams too ! (WTF it's nowhere on rock en seine website) http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/video/Rock...l_Kalkbrenner/ gotta yell at them again, definitly checking everyday arte and culturebox

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    god ! 8 new live streams just appeared on Dailymotion now ! still no nin !
    Where to check (why the hell is there 3 places ...) :
    http://www.dailymotion.com/user/rockenseine/1

http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/tag/rock_en_seine/
    http://culturebox.francetvinfo.fr/rock-en-seine/lives

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Weird that so many different companies are doing streaming for Rock en Seine.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I've been checking out the Reading stream today. First of all, it's region restricted to the UK, so you will need a proxy or VPN (or be in the UK).

The stream is an Adobe HDS stream. Which means it's chunked, like the HLS streams. The chunks are .f4f files (Flash MPEG-4 Fragments). But they're not labeled with the .f4f extension. The URLs/filenames are like this:

http://zaphod-live.bbc.co.uk.edgesui...511-Frag725109

The URL naming progression is very simple. The Frag counts up one at a time, and the Seg increments every 10 fragments, on the "1".

For example:

uk_sport_stream_14_40Seg72511-Frag725109
    uk_sport_stream_14_40Seg72511-Frag725110
    uk_sport_stream_14_40Seg72512-Frag725111
    uk_sport_stream_14_40Seg72512-Frag725112
    uk_sport_stream_14_40Seg72512-Frag725113

If you get the URL construction wrong, you'll get an HTTP 503 error, Service Temporarily Unavailable. There doesn't seem to be any protection or expiration (within reason, I suppose) on the chunks, so basically, as long as you construct the URL correctly, you should be able to download it with anything.

The streaming manifest is here (search for .f4m in your web console):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/p..._stream_14.f4m

This manifest shows 5 different bitrate options for the stream:

<manifest xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/f4m/2.0">
    <dvrInfo windowDuration="-1"/>
    <media href="http://bbcfmhds.vo.llnwd.net/hds-live/livepkgr/_definst_/uk_sport_stream_14/uk_sport_stream_14_40.f4m" bitrate="512"/>
    <media href="http://bbcfmhds.vo.llnwd.net/hds-live/livepkgr/_definst_/uk_sport_stream_14/uk_sport_stream_14_50.f4m" bitrate="796"/>
    <media href="http://bbcfmhds.vo.llnwd.net/hds-live/livepkgr/_definst_/uk_sport_stream_14/uk_sport_stream_14_60.f4m" bitrate="1296"/>
    <media href="http://bbcfmhds.vo.llnwd.net/hds-live/livepkgr/_definst_/uk_sport_stream_14/uk_sport_stream_14_70.f4m" bitrate="2096"/>
    <media href="http://bbcfmhds.vo.llnwd.net/hds-live/livepkgr/_definst_/uk_sport_stream_14/uk_sport_stream_14_80.f4m" bitrate="3500"/>
    </manifest>

The "14_80" stream is the highest quality (I didn't bother to check out the other ones). It is 720p25 at about 3.3 Mbps, and the audio is about 93 Kbps LC-AAC. In the URL construction above, you can change the quality of the chunks by simply adjusting, say, the "14_40" part of the URL to "14_80" in the two places it appears.

Adobe HDS will dynamically update your streaming bitrate depending on your connection, so live capture side-by-side with a browser (via HiDownload or RMC) might not be the best option. The best option might be manually constructing the URL's and throwing them all in a batch downloader.

Once you've captured all the chunks, you'll need to process them with AdobeHDS.php.

https://github.com/K-S-V/Scripts/wiki
    https://github.com/K-S-V/Scripts/blo...r/AdobeHDS.php

AdobeHDS.php will only detect incrementing at the end of the filename, so you'll have to do some batch renaming to remove the SegNNNNN part of the filenames. Then you can do something like "php AdobeHDS.php --fragments uk_sport_stream_14_40-Frag" and it should join them all into a seamless FLV file.
    Another option for capturing is using AdobeHDS.php which has a download option. You can feed it a manifest, and it will download and join all the segments automatically. The only problem is, I'm not sure if there's a way to specify where it starts downloading from. It appears to start from the moment the manifest is requested, so you'd have to start it just before NIN took the stage. So, I fed it this manifest, so it would capture the 720p stream:

php AdobeHDS.php --manifest "http://bbcfmhds.vo.llnwd.net/hds-live/livepkgr/_definst_/uk_sport_stream_14/uk_sport_stream_14_80.f4m"

I think downloading chunks might be a better way to go, because then you can redownload chunks, or checksum and exchange corrupt chunks like we've been doing with other streams.

The above URL's might change from day-to-day, so you'll need to use your web console to verify the URL locations and structures.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    french radio Lemouv DOES stream concerts ! they're hidden in live event shows however someone who heared today told me no nin was announced for tomorrow

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Checked national's shows on France4 TV (few hours live show) and LeMouv's few hours live shows, judging from recent tweets, non nin, anyway, we are recording anyway, and thoses are easily sharable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gstead View Post
    I'm on my Mac using ffmpeg on the command line.

export URL720p="<get_url_from_firebug>"
    ffmpeg -re -i $URL720p -codec copy -y "lollapalooza.m3u8"

This creates the 5-second .ts files mentioned above. I have a script to 'cat' those together and voila! Super nice video.
    Sorry I don't understand this. Where do you enter this command line? Do you need the URL?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frydek View Post
    Sorry I don't understand this. Where do you enter this command line? Do you need the URL?
    You would have to enter it in Terminal. You'd also need ffmpeg binary installed on your computer. The URL is the URL for the manifest (.m3u8) that you have to get by looking in the web console in Firefox or Chrome, or something like Firebug.

The above thing with capturing .ts files will only work for streams using HLS. YouTube usually uses that for its live streaming events. The upcoming Reading stream uses HDS though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I downloaded some chunks from the Lumineers set and tried to use the AdobeHDS php script with --fragments to stick them together and every time, it claimed it "found 0 fragments". I had renamed all of the files to Frag***** and I was running it in the directory containing the files. I'm going to give the direct download option with AdobeHDS a try on the Fall Out Boy set. I can use the --start option to specify which fragment to start with, at least according to the help with the script.
    Edit: for future reference, the --start option worked. Though it doesn't matter now.
    Last edited by cynicmuse; 08-25-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    For future reference, here are some tools that will fix busted ts files generated by a satellite receiver.
    projectX: This is a java based tool that will fix errors and demux the stream. On the Reading festival stream, it just chopped out the drops, resulting in a loss of about 5s of playing time. Maybe with some tweaking it would have worked better.
    VideoReDo: This is windows only trialware (7 day free trial). It repairs errors when you remuxed the stream. It also just chopped out the drops, resulting in a loss of about 5s of playing time.
    Avidemux: This works on windows, *nix, and OS X. It took in the ts file and did generate a .mkv file, but there a/v sync issues after the location of the dropped frames.
    MPEG2Repair: This is windows only and won't work under wine; it is old and free. It fixed the stream to the point that I could convert it into .mkv. I'm not really sure what MPEG2Repair is doing; I just know that it isn't transcoding the file. I did still have to run ffmpeg with -fflags +genpts+igndts to get it to work; it seems that the presentation and decode time stamps are still messed up after a run through MPEG2Repair.

Edit: This is applicable for ts streams where the video is mpeg-2 and the audio is mpeg-1, since that was the format of the busted stream. Some of these may or may not work on mp4. As ninjaw points out below, projectX can't handle h264.
    Last edited by cynicmuse; 08-29-2013 at 07:16 AM. Reason: more info

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Unfortunally ProjectX cannot handle h264

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Made in America is using Adobe HDS. The best quality is the 3500 stream, with 720p video and ~100kbps VBR audio. The urls looks something like this:
    http://madeinamerica2-lh.akamaihd.ne...&hdcore=2.10.3
    I don't know what all of the stuff after als is; you need all of the stuff after als to get the download, and it changes between urls. Also, the fragments aren't accessible after less than 20s, so you need to be running a close to simultaneous from what I can tell.

Using the manifest option with the Adobe PHP script might be the best option. I need to look at it and see if it is possible to save the fragments that it's using to generate the .flv file.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I'll warn you again with that creepy php script of yours, no need for that advanced but too simple stuff, when MKVmerge can do it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah, I came to the same conclusions as you, cynicmuse. I'll probably try to do both, capture fragments and due a manifest capture. I didn't see any way for the script to save the individual fragments.

The fragments are uniquely coded with some kind of timestamp, so different sources can't be md5 compared without stripping that information out first.

As for MKVmerge, I've found no information that indicates that it supports properly combining Flash MPEG-4 Video Fragments?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    As for MKVmerge, I've found no information that indicates that it supports properly combining Flash MPEG-4 Video Fragments?
    For MKVmerge I mentionned it once before, drag&drop the first part, then click on Additional parts for picking them. Everytime i used that it worked perfectly, it even been able to give me warnings when missing part, and worked anyway.

Btw the bang, i'ld have time for capture this if needed, but can I leave you this one to you ? looks that you don't really need help ?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've got enough coverage. I've got 6 captures lined up in 3 different geographic locations. 3 via manifest and 3 via fragments.