Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beck

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Blue moon is lovely. And so is Defriended. For some reason, I'm surprised to find other Beck fans on ETS, especially fans of Sea change!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The album has leaked, it sounds great.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    omg I was just thinking today, listening to BLUE MOON, "Please...leak."

!!!!

Thanks for the tip. Off I go to find my maker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Drip Drip This album is fantastic check out for pirates checking into the the bay

EDIT - Sorry I'm drunk someone else already posted it leaked but still fantastic. Sorry

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow... this album leaked over a week ago and no one is talking about it?

I have been listening to it daily since the leak. I am still letting it sink in. Despite the acoustic nature, there is still a lot to explore and take in. I think I enjoy Sea Change more, but that is probably a personal choice rather than the new album being inferior. It does sort of feel like a direct sequel to Sea Change, but it still has a life of it's own.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It's a solid album. As with Sea Change, I think I have to be in the right mood to listen to the whole thing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Liking it more and more for "what it is" as I continue listening... At first I was a little let down, in a sense.

"Blue Moon" is still probably my top favorite. What a piece...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm enjoying it, not really had much time to listen properly as I've only been listening to it in the car. Looking forward to getting a physical copy.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingSheep View Post
    It does sort of feel like a direct sequel to Sea Change, but it still has a life of it's own.
    Having only listened to 3 songs off it, i'd have to say I agree with you. It lacks the desperation/desolation, but the songwriting style seems to be very similar.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Got this yesterday, and on my third listen right now. Really enjoying this, but was a big fan of Sea Change too - definitely similarities between the two - the pace, the great orchestration, and the generally melancholic vibe. Wave is a personal favourite at the moment.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm relatively new to Beck. I haven't dove deep into his music but I did grow up with Loser and Where it's at. I recently got into Guero though, it's amazing. Favorite track so far is Scarecrow. I just got done listening to Morning Phase and I like it a lot also. I think i'm going to go back through his albums now and check out Sea Change first. Since it seems to be some people's favorites here. Also Beck has in my opinion the greatest track name ever. - "MTV makes me want to smoke crack."
    Last edited by theburningreptile; 02-25-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Sea Change and Morning Phase are so similar...when the wife and I are driving around it makes the perfect double album. Ugh, so fuckin' good.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I love the production of it as it's something that I think a lot of acoustic-based music is missing these days. It's rich and so full of life as I also love the orchestration of the record and Beck's vocals. Definitely a great companion piece to Sea Change.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just got the cd, first impression it's better than Sea Change, though I hear the similarities. Then again, I never liked Sea Change.

Fantastic production too on this record.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    listening to and working on my beck collection. how is everybody liking the new album?

Last edited by hologram parade; 06-16-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I don't have any Beck albums and I want to start now. Heard good things about the latest one. If I were to pick only one to start with, should it be Sea Change or Morning Phase?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Both. They go hand in hand with each other stylistically, and they're both fantastic.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    I don't have any Beck albums and I want to start now. Heard good things about the latest one. If I were to pick only one to start with, should it be Sea Change or Morning Phase?
    I would start out with Odelay if you want to go for the weirder stuff though I much prefer Sea Change as it's a very rich and straightforward album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    finally got to catch these guys live… something like 17 years since he's been to nc… amazing show, great crowd… nice to see jmj doin' his thing again… would definitely go again, if they come back…

goastt wasn't bad either… thought they were gonna be a folky 2-piece but they rocked the house…

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm trying to source a video recording of his Austin City Limits show that I can download, but usual sources are devoid of this. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Dime has it now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I like this a lot !

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So he announced 2 UK indoor dates, and then almost immediately postponed them. Was really looking forward to seeing him for the first time....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

we need a new Beck album soon!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've gotta admit, I'm not really liking Wow. I think Pitchfork said that it was originally intended for a rapper though? In that context, it makes a bit more sense.

and heck yes we need a full album! Dreams, Defriended, I Won't Be Long, Gimmie; I want to hear more where those came from.

Speaking of Gimmie, does anyone have the full extended version of that song? I missed my chance to get the vinyl due to financial strain.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

New album, Colors, comes out October 13th

1. "Colors"
    2. "7th Heaven"
    3. "I'm So Free"
    4. "Dear Life"
    5. "No Distraction"
    6. "Dreams"
    7. "Wow"
    8. "Up All Night"
    9. "Square One"
    10. "Fix Me"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Actually managed a few free tickets to his show here last night....it was pretty fantastic.