Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146
Results 4,351 to 4,374 of 4374

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Tour Fapping Thread

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I am so, so happy that after certain pre-tour claims of changing things up previously that never really came out, this time it's really happening. EXCITING!

Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    worried TR is going to turn NIN into Guns N Roses with 20 people on stage and a bunch of female backup singers. NOT DIGGING backup singers at all....So I guess no happiness In Slavery....
    I think you're confused, a 48 year old man pretending to be as aggressive as he was on a 21 year old EP would make NIN like Guns And Roses -- sad and irrelevant.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    so what's josh doing while pino plays bass?
    Bass off!!!!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    I am so, so happy that after certain pre-tour claims of changing things up previously that never really came out, this time it's really happening. EXCITING!

I think you're confused, a 48 year old man pretending to be as aggressive as he was on a 21 year old EP would make NIN like Guns And Roses -- sad and irrelevant.
    And the resolution to this is fucking back up singers? You also must have missed the summer festivals- TR can still "bring it" anytime he wants to without looking sad and irrelevant.

Ill l'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I see and hear it for myself, but I don't think it'll go over too well for the majority of the crowd that paid over $100.00 to see NIN.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Pino and Josh will play Dueling Banjos.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    And the resolution to this is fucking back up singers? You also must have missed the summer festivals- TR can still "bring it" anytime he wants to without looking sad and irrelevant.

Ill l'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I see and hear it for myself, but I don't think it'll go over too well for the majority of the crowd that paid over $100.00 to see NIN.
    NIN is whatever trent wants it to be, because it's his project. always has been, always will be. i'm even more sad i'm not going to a show on this tour now that i know just how awesome it's going to be.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Okay. That was unnecessary.
    About as unnecessary as overreacting to a joke.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't need a DVD or anything, but I would really love if Trent found a way to livestream at least 1 show of this tour...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I went to a Sister Machine Gun concert that was really jazzed up. A saxophone solo was added to Hole in the Ground. There was an awesome b-side that was a live performance from that show of Better Than Me that sounded nothing like the original. It was one of my favorite concerts I've ever been to. There were idiots near me screaming that he wasn't playing "industrial." I'm fully expecting those same idiots to be at this tour. One of the reasons I love NIN (and SMG to go back to that concert) is the constant re-invention. Here's to more of it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fuck View Post
    About as unnecessary as overreacting to a joke.
    That was offensive somehow. I demand an appology because my feelings were hurt.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It would help if you were fuckers were actually funny.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    That was offensive somehow. I demand an appology because my feelings were hurt.
    Alright fuckers, stay on topic. If I have to split this thread up, I'm going to start doling out flood control.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Well if we're all really that interested in my thought processes for some reason....

The edit was made after my post when I realized how many people took it the wrong way instead of the one person who responded.

When I read the forum I have a habit (not always intentional) of glossing over quoted text. When I'm skimming the forum on my phone even more so. I saw the post that made the first skin color joke but without reading the quoted text it went straight over my head and I had no idea what the fuck the skin color of the singers had to do with anything, therefore missing any connection with the song HiS being established. I saw the head like a hole post and was just looking for another song with angsty screaming vocals that would sound odd coming from female backup singers. Since I know plenty (myself included) who would love to hear HiS again that was the first that popped into my head.

You don't know me but I can assure you that if that was the way I intended the post to be interpreted I'd be the last person to back down. Until I saw the quoted text in the post that started all this I would have definitely stood by my "you're the racists" comment but now seeing that I definitely see how my post could be interpreted that way for which I do apologize to anyone who took it that way and to the rest of the board who has to read this.

Trust me. If I was going to post an off-color joke that I knew I'd get flack for, I would make sure it was much funnier than that post.
    this was pretty above and beyond, especially for the internet. Thanks.

EDIT: whoops, as was rightfully pointed out while I was posting, this topic is going overboard and its partially my fault. sorry, wasn't trying to derail further, but I appreciate the response, and I'll shut up now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    thank you for not only making an honest apology, but for not pulling out the "i'm not racist, i have black friends" card or anything like that.
    I may not be racist, but I assure you, some of my best friends are racist, so I fully understand.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    On topic again: remember the reports of Into The Void being soundchecked at Lolla? HERE'S HOPING.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought TR was trolling us earlier- maybe they were just fucking around in rehearsals or something. Sorry but not a fan of this at the moment.

And for those that say "it's not '94" anymore- no shit. However look what they did for this summers festival shows. Updated yes, not reinvented.

We'll see what happens with this I guess.

Definitely clicked the wrong button on this one... Anyway. here is a great example of posts that are absolutely perplexing to me. Maybe it's wrong assumptions but assuming we are all fans here because of the incredible body of work and a general belief in the artist. How in the WORLD can a fan listen to a 10 second clip on instagram and then proclaim they are not feeling it without feeling at best a little short sighted. I mean come on the guys been making great music for a long time and walking to the beat of his own drum. Hes managed to somehow still be relevant since the 90's even through his genre of music is less than palatable to the radio listening crowd. Given the history, the "it's not '94" anymore" quote is more suitable than I'm not feeling it.

I'm not trying to start a internet forum flame war with you or anyone but for gods sake give the guy some credit, and by that at least enough to approach changes with an open mind especially when they are displayed to you by way of ten second instagram clip.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    On topic again: remember the reports of Into The Void being soundchecked at Lolla? HERE'S HOPING.
    The more tracks from The Fragile the better!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I can't believe this is all because he's got some female voices on the show. I don't know what kind of holocaust horrorshow you think this implies, and I just can't picture what it means to you.

You guys know there have been female vocals on previous NIN albums, stretching back into the 90s, right? You know there's a female voice on Hesitation Marks? You know The Fragile has shitloads of them?

And there was this: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/143...ing-band.jhtml

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Amen. It's not as though this hasn't been in the works since pretty much the origin of the song:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One last rant.... God knows I wouldn't want Trent Reznor to challenge my idea of what his music should be. Frankly if you didn't feel a little uncomfortable with his choices every now and again he would be boring and safe.

Please Trent Reznor keep experimenting and challenging my point of view of what your music and good music should be. This is what originally drew me to the downward spiral an album that was NOTHING like ANYTHING i'd listened to previously.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    The PC police on this thread today are nausiating.

Edit: Looks like I got my first citation
    How many other officers do we have on the beat today?
    Edit edit: Looks like we have half the force on today.
    Hey bub, take it to Reports and Suggestions if you have an issue otherwise piss or get off the pot.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This is the CRC sessions with Even Deeper, with female backup singers, I love this

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Hey bub, take it to Reports and Suggestions if you have an issue otherwise piss or get off the pot.
    Sorry man, it's just bizarre to me that so many fans of a band with such graphic imagry including fake snuff films, lyrics about rape, violence etc in their early work would be so easily offended is all.

Moving on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    This is the CRC sessions with Even Deeper, with female backup singers, I love this

this is one of my favorite versions of one of my favorite songs. Having said that, I think the backups are coming from Robin.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Alright fuckers, stay on topic. If I have to split this thread up, I'm going to start doling out flood control.
    Fuck all of you. Seriously, I had one little request. I'll reopen this discussion when I get home tonight.

Go find something else to do.