Page 15 of 146 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Tour Fapping Thread

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    All I'm asking for right now is actually a glitch-less version of copy of a that I can put on my ipod until the studio version gets released. such a cool tack and set-up. I love how they filmed the beginning of this with Trent also rocking that muscle game again.
    The reason we don't have anything this moment is because too many people all thought someone else would do it for them. If everyone who is currently asking for a better/fuller copy had tried to capture the stream... we would probably have something now. Hell, if those same people had put some money down I bet we could have incentivized someone to invest more time/effort into this. Right now, everyone is doing this with their spare time with no financial gain.

hrmmm... some sort of donation based bounty system on ETS or RITC might be a great idea for the future.

edit: money + bootlegs = bad idea. There has to be some way to incentivize this stuff though.
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 07-27-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    'Copy of A' made me think of 'United Snakes' by Massive Attack to me, there are some similarities. A huge compliment. An excellent way to open the show (Massive Attack was opening their 2010 shows with United Snakes). Like other people have said so far, Copy of A into Sanctified '13 into Came Back Haunted has been one of the best NIN concert openings that come to mind. I would say it's of equal caliber as Love is Not Enough into You Know What You Are? from the With Teeth club shows. Again, I thought it was an EXCELLENT idea to kick off the new NIN era with the synth heavy part of the show.

I've never thought much of Sanctified...but then I heard this version and all I have to say is 'Holy Cow'. I really, really hope that some other PHM deep cuts show up in the setlists with this treatment (ie. The Only Time, Ringfinger).

And, people not liking Good Soldier & Me, I'm Not= does not compute.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    The reason we don't have anything this moment is because too many people all thought someone else would do it for them. If everyone who is currently asking for a better/fuller copy had tried to capture the stream... we would probably have something now. Hell, if those same people had put some money down I bet we could have incentivized someone to invest more time/effort into this. Right now, everyone is doing this with their spare time with no financial gain.

hrmmm... some sort of donation based bounty system on ETS or RITC might be a great idea for the future.

we've been spoiled in the nin community because there are so many generous people who take the time to do all of this stuff and then freely give it away. I'd love to pitch in just to say thanks to those people.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    if the first NIN show in 4 years gets streamed and no dvd comes out of it......that's a pretty big whiff in the NIN community....oh well, on to the lollapalooza stream...if this was HDTA there would be 9 dvds by now lol
    Last edited by billpulsipher; 07-27-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The new songs are too good. I dont even think ill survive. Holy shit is it really just 13 days away? Unreal. UN FUCKING REAL.

The build up in Find My Way slays me. Very Dragon Tattoo, but more NIN-esque

Edit: The way the guitar in the second verse on Reptile more slides in to that note. Fucking FUCK.
    Last edited by littlemonkey613; 07-27-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    if the first NIN show in 4 years gets streamed and no dvd comes out of it......that's a pretty big whiff in the NIN community....oh well, on to the lollapalooza stream...if this was HDTA there would be 9 dvds by now lol
    you are unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    The new songs are too good. I dont even think ill survive. Holy shit is it really just 13 days away? Unreal. UN FUCKING REAL.

The build up in Find My Way slays me. Very Dragon Tattoo, but more NIN-esque

Edit: The way the guitar in the second verse on Reptile more slides in to that note. Fucking FUCK.
    I KNOW! It's fucking killer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have to say it. I fucking hate that guy with the blue glow stick during Copy of A.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Posting this as it might be one of the IMHO most interesting songs of yesterday's show. Here's the audio of the way out is through in its reworked form (I liked it alot and it reminds me a bit of all the love in the world):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fco66n

As I mentioned earlier my setup was screwed and the audio levels were all wrong as I was already a bit late to the otherwise on my part glitchless stream so the louder parts have some distortion in it. Hopefully there's a better version soon, but this just for now.
    Last edited by dlb; 07-27-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Is it ok for a straight man to be infatuated with Josh's dance moves while playing bass during Sanctified?

To be honest I was not that impressed with Came Back Haunted as the lead single (same thing happened to me with Survivalism). Not saying it was a bad song, just saying that it was only 'Ok'. But after listening to Copy of A and Find My Way, my doubts have been put aside. Hesitation Marks will be amazing.

After listening to Copy of A and Find My Way, I can see why Trent said in the NYT article that this album will have minimal instrumentation.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Not really a whiff if no one can get a good stream of it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Posting this as it might be one of the IMHO most interesting songs of yesterday's show. Here's the audio of the way out is through in its reworked form (I liked it alot and it reminds me a bit of all the love in the world):

As I mentioned earlier my setup was screwed and the audio levels were all wrong as I was already a bit late to the otherwise on my part glitchless stream so the louder parts have some distortion in it. Hopefully there's a better version soon, but this just for now.
    thanks a lot, dude! I can't check this out at the moment but I'm really looking forward to it later.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It's funny that I don't like The Way Out is Through on record but I love this version.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I hope the setlists don't vary that much because I NEED this.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

You should get in touch with RITC. I dont think anyone has a complete or glitch free copy. It sounds like he is trying to mix all the broken copies to make a whole.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm pretty surprised that there isn't already a full, glitch-free (or nearly so) version of this floating around.

Not complaining, mind you, as I wouldn't have a chance to listen to/watch it for several more weeks anyway. Just surprising that a band with so many tech-savy fans can do a live webcast without it being posted nearly immediately after airing - especially in light of how many stealth-recorded shows appear for trade the day after the band plays.

Interested to see how the set looks once I finally have the time to check it out.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I'm pretty surprised that there isn't already a full, glitch-free (or nearly so) version of this floating around.

Not complaining, mind you, as I wouldn't have a chance to listen to/watch it for several more weeks anyway. Just surprising that a band with so many tech-savy fans can do a live webcast without it being posted nearly immediately after airing - especially in light of how many stealth-recorded shows appear for trade the day after the band plays.

Interested to see how the set looks once I finally have the time to check it out.
    I think the last-minute region blocking and unreliable proxies made this pretty tough

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    A fellow on Twitter says he has "I have exactly 1 hour & 15 min of video/audio from NIN @ Fuji Rock. Starts from Piggy to end of show. I don't have the time to edit/upload it. Any takers? Not sure how I can get it to you. It's over 25GB in size" - I have made RITC aware of the predicament. No word on the glitchiness/quality of the stream.

And yes please, I really would like to see The Way Out is Through live.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah, the sound was stellar. Way, way better than I had expected. There were some issues with the vocals being way too low at times - usually at the beginning of songs - but they were corrected very fast. And with a band like NIN, that's a very small issue when you often fear that the PA sound doesn't do Trent's textures justice. This mix sure did!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Sounds great! Thanks for this!

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Someone just asked me via PM if I could upload the rest of the songs that haven't surfaced yet. I did hesitate (hehe) at first since the community is used to better recordings and TR would probably kick my ass because of the quality, but here you go anyway together with the videos we already have ((better sources than mine! thanks to all uploaders!!!):

01 & 02 - copy of a / sanctified (no clean audio of copy of a as of yet)

03 - came back haunted (no clean audio as of yet)

04 - 1,000,000 (no clean audio as of yet)
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/rlliim

05 - march of the pigs (no clean audio as of yet)
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/ipqrps

06 - piggy

07 - reptile

08 - terrible lie

09 - closer

10 - gave up
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/bzk3kk

11 - help me I am in hell
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/pt06bg

12 - me, I'm not
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/p42ocz

13 - find my way

14 - the way out is through

15 & 16 & 17 - wish / survivalism / the good soldier

16 - survivalism

18 - only

19 - the hand that feeds

20 - head like a hole

21 - hurt

Again lots of distortion on the higher and louder parts of my recordings, but most of it is listenable. No missing parts, stutters etc. If this is officially not okay to post these, I'll take them down asap.

@DigitalChaos: I'll do so. Maybe someone can work their magic and clean these up a bit. I have two mp3 files (25 minutes and 1h09m in 192kbps that are 128mb combined) but sadly no video and copy of a is missing the first 2 minutes.
    Last edited by dlb; 07-28-2013 at 04:32 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    thefragile_jake - you should get in touch with RITC

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I really loved the show, but I can't wait for NIN to announce proper arena dates for Europe in 2014 - I'd still prefer to see a Tension show than the festival one though.

for a festival, it was a perfect setlist, although The Big Come Down would be a nice addition.

and btw, THOSE VISUALS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Closer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, @dlb .

I could not catch any of 1,000,000 during the stream, so sight unseen I have to ask: is the main riff now a synth or is Robin using the wickedest fuzz pedal ever devised in this version?

Sounds great!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Ok... Here is a lowdown for what footage I have this far... All in HD.

1) The start to end of "Copy of A" 2) 1,000,000 to end of "Gave Up" and 3) "Me I'm Not" to the end.

SO... We're missing "Sanctified," "Came Back Haunted," and "Help Me I Am In Hell."

If anyone has raw HD (not rips from YouTube clips) I can merge these all together and make one seamless file and upload it to RITC for torrent and file distribution as well as separate audio. I didn't want to release half ass quality with a crappy rip and incomplete songs. It would drive me nuts to know RITC released bad stuff.

So if you know (or did) record it. Get in contact with me and I will give you RITC's FTP info.

ryanj at reflectinginthechrome dot com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ryan, all I can say, since I have no video, is you really are the man. Can't wait to see what you put together with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    The reason we don't have anything this moment is because too many people all thought someone else would do it for them.
    Yip. I had what I believe to be a HD stream with no glitches as i'm in the UK and the stream worked without proxies etc. But I didn't think to capture my screen. I wish I could go back and do it. I will next time. I'm sure others will too.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Someone mentioned that there will be a re-broadcast today. Guess that one went missing or just didn't happen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    Ok... Here is a lowdown for what footage I have this far... All in HD.

1) The start to end of "Copy of A"
    Are you saying that you have a good HD quality version of Copy of A without all of the little glitches?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    oh wow, it really is like a mini LITS setup. SO HAPPY! I managed to miss seeing that tour because of work and always wished I could go back and time to fix that... this is damn close to granting that wish.