Page 36 of 146 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 4374

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Tour Fapping Thread

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    ^According to the setlist that was posted on Twitter, The Good Soldier wasn't performed at that show.
    Probably because he fucked up the lyrics in Japan and thought "lol fuck that, not embarrassing myself again until further into the tour".

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I done messed up the text file. Sorry. I will fix it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails Tour Fapping Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post

MODS: With what I feel will be a barrage of new recordings coming in the following weeks, would it be possible to make a thread of all the recordings that are available from this tour in the journal section? I wouldn't want to make a thread if it seems a bit excessive.
    I was thinking the same thing, it'd be nice to have a thread to collect all the new recordings and videos.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I have no idea how Trent that genius bastard is able to make even the oldest NIN tracks stand out each and every tour. I NEED a soundboard copy of burn asap. Who knew that a few more synths and a distorted voice could make such a difference?

Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Who knew that a few more synths and a distorted voice could make such a difference?
    ...trent did. ha.

actually, i've always wondered why live versions eschew the heavily distorted vocals...it really makes the studio version of the song.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    started listening/watching the "copy of a/disappointed" combo from the other thread and i am actually going to wait for the album. no more sneak listening from tour threads. holy fuck i love the music to disappointed.
    i wonder if i will actually make it to the end of this day without caving and listening to more? lol. oh fuck now i am very excited about this album. rah. yar. and rawr.

*i made it until this tuesday, and quite frankly cannot stop listening to these two tracks. my opinion on the music to disappointed has only increased.
    Last edited by Lew; 08-08-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: i done lied.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    "Burn" sounds great as well as "Terrible Lie" and "1,000,000".

But IMHO "The Way Out Is Through" has the best arrangement from all songs played so far. This piano is just a bloody fantastic masterpiece of the sound. And this is quite strange for me because I almost skip this song and go directly to the "Into The Void" when I'm listening the second CD of "The Fragile". It's not that I do not like this song. It's because I... hm... It seems that I forgot why I was always skipping this song. Wait... Where is my copy of "The Fragile"? Ahhh... Here it is. OK, it's time to wake up my son by playing this song once again in its original composition. :-)

BTW: "Hurt" sounds also fantastic. It sounds better than the "Hurt (Live)" from the FDTS!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    God damn it, I'm working right up until 11 on Friday. Gonna miss the opening, which, based on the previous two shows, is the most exciting part.

Oh well. The quiet section seems pretty exciting, too, so we'll see.
    I believe the listed times are CDT, so you may be in luck.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Burn sounds fresh as ever, and TR sounds so much younger. Haven't listened to Find My Way or Disappointed...holding out! But Copy Of A really rocks live. It takes the best components of the NIN sound and really takes them in a groovy direction.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh wow... I hope I get to see Burn live... only 3 weeks to wait

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Disappointed.
    I think Rob Sheridan said the footage they got for those songs sucked or something like that. Sin and Suck were filmed too.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    Wow listening to the Ansan stream and so far half way through Copy of A and Trent is nailing every note. He sounds fucking amazing! Not that the Fuji show was bad by any means but my god, he upped the game ten-fold! He sounds glorious!
    There's no need for sarcasm here, I think. We all know, Trent's not exactly on Bono-Level when it comes to singing and while that's also apparent on the studio versions of the songs, I nevertheless suggest you wait for the album before making fun about his vocals. You know, the hectic conditions of a live setting aren't exactly making it easier for him to hit the right notes, so I think you should cut him some slack.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I have no idea how Trent that genius bastard is able to make even the oldest NIN tracks stand out each and every tour. I NEED a soundboard copy of burn asap. Who knew that a few more synths and a distorted voice could make such a difference?
    I agree! I listened to it on my way to work this morning and it sounded great. Much better than the With Teeth era version they were playing for the last couple of years.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It's like the took every iteration of it and mixed it into one. I hope they play it at Made in America.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I pretty much love every era of that song, but unlike others this one gets better and better IMHO instead of wearing out.

The Lollapalooza gig is being streamed tomorror at 10pm CDT. That means it's sunday 5am for us in Central Europe or am I calculating this wrong? Don't think I'll be up this early or otherwise I'll have to party hard on Friday so I get back home in time for the stream.
    Last edited by dlb; 07-31-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    There's no need for sarcasm here, I think. We all know, Trent's not exactly on Bono-Level when it comes to singing and while that's also apparent on the studio versions of the songs, I nevertheless suggest you wait for the album before making fun about his vocals. You know, the hectic conditions of a live setting aren't exactly making it easier for him to hit the right notes, so I think you should cut him some slack.
    I detected no sarcasm in the initial post.. Did I miss something?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The sarcaismô in r_z's post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Listening to sanctified. Love the original so much. The remix is fun but the original is just so good. PHM is amazing and I hope they play a lot more of it although they always play HLAH and Terrible Lie.

If they play "Kinda I Want To" I'm gonna flip a shit.
    Last edited by Fragile Teeth; 07-31-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    the new version of sanctified isn't a "remix," it's an alternate version. a remix, by definition, is when you take the elements of a song and RE-MIX them. when you play a song differently live, it's not the same thing.

sorry, that's really been bugging me.

(p.s. not a personal dig at you, fragile teeth, just needed to clear that up because a lot of people have been saying it)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the new version of sanctified isn't a "remix," it's an alternate version. a remix, by definition, is when you take the elements of a song and RE-MIX them. when you play a song differently live, it's not the same thing.

sorry, that's really been bugging me.

(p.s. not a personal dig at you, fragile teeth, just needed to clear that up because a lot of people have been saying it)
    yeah I know the difference. Just using the term as a mental short cut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    anyone know if NIN started playing pretty much on time at either ansan or fuji? i'm wondering because the lolla schedule lists NIN to start at 8 15 and end at 10, so i'm wondering if lolla will be longer than the previous two shows.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    NIN were scheduled to play 90 mins. at each festival, the recordings are a little bit longer than that, so it's possible that they'll play 1, 2 more songs at Lolla.

Thank you, @eversonpoe , I totally agree with you and that's been bugging me too. setlist.fm lists it as "altered version". Why? That's how they play it live now. According to this logic TWOIT or Hurt should be altered versions too. Or 1,000,000. Altered, because synths instead of guitar. Oh and March of the Pigs (altered extended outro remix).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm here in defense of calling different live versions of songs "remixes". If you heard this version of Sanctified, studio-recorded, on the bonus disc of HM, for example, you'd call it a remix. Sure, a stickler for precise definition would say that a remix is only when you take existing tracks in the mix and change the arrangement and emphasis. Technically, if we are going to be excessively narrow and pedantic, a great deal of what get called "remixes" are not so at all. Many have entirely new instrumentation and melodies. So, the thrust of my argument is that the word has become much more broad and elastic over the last couple decades and is perfectly suitable to use in the description of the new live versions. On the other hand, if there's a single-word, two-syllable or less, easy to say and spell term that more accurately describes what we are hearing, I'm glad to consider its addition to the ETS Tour Fapping lexicon.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fuck View Post
    NIN were scheduled to play 90 mins. at each festival, the recordings are a little bit longer than that, so it's possible that they'll play 1, 2 more songs at Lolla.

Thank you, @eversonpoe, I totally agree with you and that's been bugging me too. setlist.fm lists it as "altered version". Why? That's how they play it live now. According to this logic TWOIT or Hurt should be altered versions too. Or 1,000,000. Altered, because synths instead of guitar. Oh and March of the Pigs (altered extended outro remix).
    But according to your logic, Ghosts Piggy should be just Piggy. But hasn't it been referred to by the band on official setlists and whatnot as "Ghosts Piggy?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Oopsy daisys, I never meant any sarcasm. Reading it over though I totally read it in a douchey snarkey tone so I definately see where you're coming from. I'm just a tad overly enthusiastic. I agree though. He may not be the best singer in the world but he sounds amazing none the less. The way he uses his voice is completely unique and extremely powerful. Also, he did sound fucking glorius during the Ansem gig. Hell, I'd go as far as to say he's never sounded better. That was studio quality vocals right there.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    if TR wants to start doing more synth and less guitar oriented versions of some songs, instead of 'Reptile' and March of the Pigs', he should bust out 'Reptilian' and 'All the Pigs All Lined Up'....

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    But according to your logic, Ghosts Piggy should be just Piggy. But hasn't it been referred to by the band on official setlists and whatnot as "Ghosts Piggy?"
    They performed both versions of the song on that tour, so setlists needed a distinguishing modifier.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroisGreg View Post
    Thanks for explaining that for me.
    No problem, thank you for being so hilariously grumpy.
    Last edited by botley; 08-01-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    They performed both versions of the song on that tour, so setlists needed a distinguishing modifier.
    True.

But by the same token, sites like setlist.fm or RITC aren't official band sanctioned setlists (and apparently, the official setlist just said "Sanctified"), but are references for people on the internet. And we're the hardcore fans who just know these things, especially since it's new, but five years from now, a casual or a new NIN fan might hear this cool different version of Sanctified on a YouTube video and want to find a good concert bootleg that has that version of the song on it. Especially setlist.fm. The people who go to RITC are generally hardcore fans, but the casual fan who likes live music and is looking for something would use a site like setlist.fm. I know I have.

So if everything were up to me (which it isn't), NIN would release an official DVD/CD/Blu-Ray/download/vinyl/8-track/HD-DVD/BetaMax of this tour and it would just be listed as "Sanctified," but sites like setlist.fm would have a more specific name for it. Sorta like how Beside You In Time just lists "Closer" but most fan sites for live recordings say "Closer (with The Only Time breakdown)"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The Lollapalooza gig is being streamed tomorror at 10pm CDT. That means it's sunday 5am for us in Central Europe or am I calculating this wrong? Don't think I'll be up this early or otherwise I'll have to party hard on Friday so I get back home in time for the stream.
    Saturday, 5:00 AM in Central Europe.