Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The Metal Thread

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    That's a pretty close-minded stance IMO. I'm sure they are soooo metal because they burned down some churches and buried their clothes (?), but limiting yourself to one band of an extremely varied genre seems kind of ignorant, no?
    On paper yes, but to be fair mayhem are pretty much the best band in that genre both then and now.

On that note, Akercocke are back, New song out (inner sanctum) and the second and third albums are on vinyl finally

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    On paper yes, but to be fair mayhem are pretty much the best band in that genre both then and now.

On that note, Akercocke are back, New song out (inner sanctum) and the second and third albums are on vinyl finally
    Dang, a year and a half to respond!

I forgot what my original point was.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

If you've liked any of Norma Jean's output in the last decade, you're going to fucking love this.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post

If you've liked any of Norma Jean's output in the last decade, you're going to fucking love this.
    I didn't even know they have a new album. I was a big fan long ago when Josh was in there. Thanks for sharing, I'll check this out.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Never liked NJ, but getting back into metal again lately.
    That new Oranssi Pazuzu album rocks:

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    aggro, that's that Finnish band I've been hearing about alot, right? I listened to a few of their songs I think last week. Really good stuff.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post

Listening to it as I type this. 3 songs into it. Solid so far.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Listening to it as I type this. 3 songs into it. Solid so far.

NJ is my second favorite metalcore band (just behind DEP). I listened to Polar Similar today, it fucking rocks, I think it's their best album yet. I also love that they recorded it at Pachyderm Studios.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The new Sepultura single "Phantom Self" that came out a few weeks ago is amazing. I can't wait for the new album. Dante XXI and A-lex were both career highlights for these guys and I get that same feeling about the new album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What about Kairos!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I tried searching for a YOB thread but there was none to be found in this thread...fuck, their new song 'The Screen' is immensely heavy. So looking forward to the new album:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've been listening to Blut Aus Nord lately and I really love it. Can anyone recommend any instrumental metal bands that have an industrial sound as well? I'd be eternally grateful.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Not instrumental, but I really love Wormed:

Their drummer Guillermo Calero died recently, RIP.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Sleep released a surprise album today (4/20) through Third Man Records. It's dope.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I've been listening to Blut Aus Nord lately and I really love it. Can anyone recommend any instrumental metal bands that have an industrial sound as well? I'd be eternally grateful.
    Godflesh

Jesu is a Godflesh Related project in a similar vein but not as heavy.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Mostly not instrumental, sorry:

Front Line Assembly = mostly Electro-Industrial, but the albums Hard Wired and Millennium are considered Industrial Metal.

Merzbow = you'd have to do some digging, but Masami Akita has done plenty around this genre. The Scott Miller/Lee Camfield/Merzbow project No Closure is great. Also, Sun Baked Snow Cave (Boris with Merzbow) builds to an impenetrable wall of electronics and guitars.

Wolves In The Throne Room = there isn't the "crunchy" industrial sound like Godflesh, but I think this could be right up your alley if you like Blut Aus Nord.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    I heard it live first via a fan recording in the front row but it sounds even better here. Getting an album pre-order off Metal Blade for this album is gonna be difficult.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The new Sepultura track is a monster! I’m a big fan of the post Max stuff and if this is any indication this album is going to be one of their best.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    The new Sepultura track is a monster! I’m a big fan of the post Max stuff and if this is any indication this album is going to be one of their best.
    co-signed

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The new Blood Incantation album fucking RIIIIIIIIPS. Awakening From The Dream is worth price of admission alone. Wish I knew this thing leaked last month or I would have been jamming it way sooner.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I know Disturbed isn't metal but I have no idea where to put this:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm finally giving a shot to the cavalera brothers re-recorded first 2 sepultura releases, pretty damn good stuff.
    I never really listened to these two records because they sound like shit, they did them really well this time around, some good gnarly stuff on there too, makes me wonder how Max is going to pull it out live.