Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    love the way aquaman looks, hate everything we've seen him do or say ("my man!" "yeah!" "i dig it") in these trailers. so far it looks like at least 2 separate instances of the "colossus throws wolverine" gag from x-men 3. i really want this movie to be good, or at least fun. i even find something redeeming in the green lantern movie, if just that i got to see some of my favorite comic book characters on screen, but i am very worried about this movie.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    hope none of the characters does that super akward flying like Ares does in Wonder Woman. Heck, even Superman looked stupid in MoS and BvS in parts. Hope they don't handle Steppenwolf the same way.

Other than that this looks like a fun ride but I can't see the movie getting raving reviews. Affleck and Mamoa look cool as fuck though.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post
    love the way aquaman looks, hate everything we've seen him do or say ("my man!" "yeah!" "i dig it") in these trailers.
    I'm not the biggest Momoa fan, but I love the way he believably manhandles the 6'4" Affleck in the original trailer and simply tells him to "talk." Intimidating.

Furthermore, I really appreciate his "Honestly, I think we're all gonna die" line & delivery – thankfully, it's not played for laughs, and just comes across as bleak, which it should given the persistent theme of the odds being stacked against these meta-humans (at least individually). Love his other line, too –

The more lighthearted Aquaman stuff seems like Momoa's real life personality shining through and being implemented.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Runtime for JL including credits is apparently 121 minutes...also WB has confirmed that there'll be NO junket in the U.S. to promote it!? Maybe they're afraid of stirring up the Affleck/Weinstein shit, but damn...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Opening night IMAX tickets acquired...awwww sheeyit.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Opening night IMAX tickets acquired...awwww sheeyit.

glutton for punishment? I'm not giving them my money for this CGI mess featuring a frat bro Aquaman & The Flash aka Peter Parker.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm a Batman nerd, what can I say.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    glutton for punishment? I'm not giving them my money for this CGI mess featuring a frat bro Aquaman & The Flash aka Peter Parker.
    would you give it to a CGI fest with liberal hulk and bro thor?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Guess I'm seeing this soley because of Batman. Momoa looks great as Aquaman, but everything that's coming out of his mouth so far is rather cringeworthy... And who cares about Cyborg really?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So, I guess JDM is still in line to play Batman in the upcoming Flashpoint movie? (go to 1:50)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Rumor has it that they are putting the film on hold to see how well justice league does.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I have zero expectations for this...so hopefully it'll be alright. The trailers don't look awful, but i've been tricked by trailers before (curse you Darkest Hour!)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Rumor has it that they are putting the film on hold to see how well justice league does.
    Yeah read that on Twitter...and to be honest, it's probably for the best lol.

Also:

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    would you give it to a CGI fest with liberal hulk and bro thor?

I think Thor looks like potential garbage as well. I hope I'm wrong, b/c at least Marvel has a good track record so they've built up some trust with me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I know Affleck tried to downplay it but he uhh...still doesn't sound super jacked to be Batman for much longer.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Being a director himself I can imagine that he's frustrated with all the things going on behind the scenes and that he probably can't bring his vision to life as many people seem to have a say in this. And the role is probably very demanding as well physically and he's not getting any younger.

I still hope we get to see him in a fully fleshed out Batman movie.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    He is waiting on the critics response to the movie. If this movie is huge then I can see him dawn the cowl for the solo movie for one last time. If it bombs he gets out. That’s my feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    He is waiting on the critics response to the movie. If this movie is huge then I can see him dawn the cowl for the solo movie for one last time. If it bombs he gets out. That’s my feeling.

Seconded. And even then, I feel like that if JL is successful enough and WB wants to go ahead and make the Flashpoint movie, they'd use it as a chance to retcon the universe a little and introduce a younger Batman to head into Matt Reeves' Batman movie and beyond that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I know Affleck tried to downplay it but he uhh...still doesn't sound super jacked to be Batman for much longer.

Yikes. Yeah, he seems like he can't wait for it to be over. What a shame, the DCEU is only on its 5th movie and there's already talk of starting over.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yikes. Yeah, he seems like he can't wait for it to be over. What a shame, the DCEU is only on its 5th movie and there's already talk of starting over.
    They replaced norton with ruffalo. I wouldn’t mind if they recast Batman. Shit happens.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i saw the trailer for Justice League today when i saw thor, and it honestly looked awful. it reminded me of the star wars prequels in that the majority of what i saw just looked like people in front of green screens with sub-par CGI behind them. i loved wonder woman but that's where my interest ends in this stuff, i guess?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    They replaced norton with ruffalo. I wouldn’t mind if they recast Batman. Shit happens.
    Very true. But, Batman's a bigger deal than the Hulk. It's more like if they had recast Robert Downey Jr. right after The Avengers. Despite my initial "WTF?" knee-jerk reaction to his casting, I (surprisingly) thought that Affleck (along with Gadot as Wonder Woman) was actually one of the better parts of Batman v Superman (that might not be saying much, though). Still, I would not mind seeing another actor's take on the character. It could wind up being a blessing in disguise if we wound up with someone who could hold up to the likes of Keaton and Bale.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think Affleck is the closest to a comic book resemblance of Batman. I would be bummed to see him go, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world.

I think this movie is going to be good then forgotten once December comes around because of Star Wars. But if the majority of the audience likes it and critics, that’s a victory.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i saw the trailer for Justice League today when i saw thor, and it honestly looked awful. it reminded me of the star wars prequels in that the majority of what i saw just looked like people in front of green screens with sub-par CGI behind them. i loved wonder woman but that's where my interest ends in this stuff, i guess?

But (dare I say it) even Wonder Woman fell victim to this in the third act, if you ask me. I feel like everyone else in the world loved it, but I found Wonder Woman a little disappointing. I was excited for it and I expected to love it too (I definitely wanted to), but once I saw it, I thought it was just an "okay" or "pretty good" movie. Gal Gadot was fantastic and owned the title role (it was NOT her fault) and I really liked the first half of the movie (especially while they're still on the island and when they first arrive in London), but the villain (Ares) and the final battle were both pretty lame.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 11-08-2017 at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    But (dare I say it) even Wonder Woman fell victim to this in the third act, if you ask me. I feel like everyone else in the world loved it, but I found Wonder Woman a little disappointing. I was excited for it and I expected to love it too (I definitely wanted to), but once I saw it, I thought it was just an "okay" or "pretty good" movie. Gal Gadot was fantastic and owned the title role (it was NOT her fault) and I really liked the first half of the movie (especially while they're still on the island and when they first arrive in London), but the villain (Ares) and the final battle were both pretty lame.
    i laughed out loud hard when she was running across the battlefield with her shield up. It was so overly dramatic, silly & unrealistic how it was shown. I loved how the Germans were shooting at her with a million bullets, but only aimed (and hit) her shield. I felt like I was watching an old GI Joe cartoon.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was listening to the BvS soundtrack yesterday and thinking about how there aren't that many good themes coming out of these films like the Williams piece from the original movies. Then I started thinking that the best way to bring Superman back to life in the movie is to have that fucking theme just blare out of the speakers when he's revealed. That would be awesome.

Then I saw a tweet today from someone listening to the soundtrack and sure enough, Williams' theme is in the movie.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    i laughed out loud hard when she was running across the battlefield with her shield up. It was so overly dramatic, silly & unrealistic how it was shown. I loved how the Germans were shooting at her with a million bullets, but only aimed (and hit) her shield. I felt like I was watching an old GI Joe cartoon.
    That was the best part of the film for me, gave me goosbumps.

I though wonder woman was fantastic, but I can understand why some felt the third act was underwhelming, because it was.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Early reviews are in.

In short, really good but not outstanding...better than BvS by all accounts at least.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Fun but flawed, the League themselves is the main enjoyment with a lackluster villain and a rushed story. So a regular marvel movie. Good for them. I am excited to see this.