Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

The DC Extended Universe Thread

Wow. Warner Brothers announces follow up to Man of Steel will be a Superman/Batman film in 2015.

Directed by Zack Snyder, produced by Christopher Nolan, written by David Goyer.

Update: Flash movie will be in 2016, and Justice League in 2017. Henry Cavill will return as Superman, Bale won't as Batman.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 07-20-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Possible leaked Batman vs. Superman production art.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll get shit on but....

DC > Marvel

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'll get shit on but....

DC > Marvel
    when I was a kid I was all Marvel, and I think that makes sense, because the Marvel struggle is a very adolescent struggle and that's what makes most of them fucking genius to be honest

the DC guys are all "gods," and I think their conflict is infinitely more inspiring now that I'm older -- when done right. Which is to say, I don't really read much anymore, though I thought Final Crisis was fucking genius (now I'm the one who will get shit on)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Daniel Alter, a producer at WB, recently tweeted something that's either a potential spoiler, or perhaps something he'd like to see...but he never explained (and also didn't hastily remove it should the powers that be give his head a slap). Not MUCH of a spoiler, but...

"Can't wait for #BatmanvsSuperman.. #batfleck Spoiler: semi-retired/not speaking to Robin anymore.. Controlling drones from the batcave."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    With the inclusion of wonder woman,

PLEASE PLEASE LET THE VILLAIN BE DARKSEID!!!!!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wonder Woman's big-screen debut. About time! I haven't heard of Gal Gadot before today, but she seems to have the perfect look at least. My immediate prediction is Lois will crush on Bruce Wayne and Clark will crush on Wonder Woman. Cool.

DC may be playing catch-up when it comes to the big budget, live action movies, but they've been consistently making great animated features for years now. The only Marvel animated feature I would put in the same league as the DC ones is Hulk Vs. Meanwhile, DC have pumped out gems like Wonder Woman, Batman/Superman: Apocalypse, and Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns among so many others.

Animation may be a lot less glamourous, but Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox is brilliant and just as entertaining as any of the recent Marvel live-actioners, if not more so - it sure as hell has more balls (Spoiler: everyone dies... violently). Jay Oliva, director of Flashpoint (and storyboard artist on Man of Steel), really sets the bar for how to make The Flash a potentially amazing big-screen character.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    With the inclusion of wonder woman,PLEASE PLEASE LET THE VILLAIN BE DARKSEID!!!!!!
    That would be awesome. , I don't think it's far-fetched to assume they could be building up to him. Tonally, it's easy to imagine Darkseid wreaking havoc after the terraforming destruction of Man of Steel.
    Last edited by Deadpool; 12-04-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'm so uninterested in Darkseid as alien conqueror though... you look back at those original Kirby stories, even the name, and he's so much more than that....

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I love Gal Gadot, ever since i saw her in the Fast movies.

Although not much to judge acting wise, she's relatively unknown so we'll see how she does.

Judging her based on weight/muscle mass at this point is basically dumb, you can bet she'll have a trainer and be put through quite a program it's not like she's going straight into the film from a photoshoot as much as her model cred and Miss Israel past would lead you to believe.

I think she looks awesome for the role.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Everyone has probably seen the first pics of Gordon and Bullock from the new tv series 'Gotham' but here are the first pics of Selina Kyle and the Wayne family.

It uhh...it all is starting to look quite awful.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Everyone has probably seen the first pics of Gordon and Bullock from the new tv series 'Gotham' but here are the first pics of Selina Kyle and the Wayne family.

It uhh...it all is starting to look quite awful.
    you know, I'm a DC fanboy at heart, but I feel like every, single, thing that DC is doing with its properties these days is doing its best to dissuade me of that. that said, I'm not really a huge fan of Marvel's output either, so maybe I've just grown out of comic book properties. but still -- I re-read the Kirby stuff, the Ditko stuff, the Morrison stuff, and I feel like superheroes are still the coolest fucking thing there is

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    How does the Gotham show work? It's on FOX but all the characters are owned by WB? Will Gotham tie into the Green Arrow and Flash TV shows on the CW? and will they all take place in the same universe as Man of Steel?? This is all a little confusing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "A Batman show without Batman. That's a bold move, Cotton, let's see if it pays off." haha

I'm a little worried but I really want this to be good.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I want to see a live-action Doomsday, that is all. Well i want these films and TV shows to be good too. But Doomsday is probably my favorite villain from the DC universe besides Bane and The Joker. But I'm guessing they'll build him up. Like Marvel is doing with Thanos. Oh well, I love both Marvel and DC. I need to read the cross over stories btw, Are they good.?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I want to see a live-action Doomsday, that is all. Well i want these films and TV shows to be good too. But Doomsday is probably my favorite villain from the DC universe besides Bane and The Joker. But I'm guessing they'll build him up. Like Marvel is doing with Thanos. Oh well, I love both Marvel and DC. I need to read the cross over stories btw, Are they good.?
    There was a live-action Doomsday for the Smallville tv series if you weren't aware, although i assume you mean more of a big budget theatrical portrayal in the movies.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    There was a live-action Doomsday for the Smallville tv series if you weren't aware, although i assume you mean more of a big budget theatrical portrayal in the movies.

Yeah, that's what i meant, sorry i didn't clarify. :P But seeing a big budget backed behind him would be great if done right.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    That was a GREAT fucking trailer.

I started off not really giving a shit but I AM IN.

Let's DO this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    D.C. is losing hard to Marvel right now with the films. They are getting their ass kicked bad year in and year out. Even with the disappointments of the recent Amazing Spiderman films, it's still better than what Man of Steel had to offer.

The Nolan Batman trilogy will go down in history as the best of the decade, and possibly the best comic book movies ever mostly due to the greatness of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. You can hate on Dark Knight Rises I guess but you can't complain about The Dark Knight, it really is a brilliant film.

I hated Man of Steel. Zack Synder has no idea what he's doing with the whole Michael Bay type crap action, explosions, camera zoom in crap, and the whole Jesus complex around Superman. I hated Man of Steel mostly cause the writing was so fucking bad. We don't really learn anything about Clark as a character except that he is the messiah cause we're constantly reminded over and over and over how he's so God like. The only one that had any kind of character was Louis Lane played by Amy Adams (I swear, this chick throws herself in anything that appears as if it will get her an Oscar nomination) and I didn't even like her.

And all the ideas spinning for the Batman/Superman movie sound horrible. People freaked about Ben Affleck being in it, but I'm sure that will be the least of the problem since Zack Synder don't know how to write a plot. I'm totally lost at this point when it comes to interest.

You know what would make a good D.C. movie? One where the main character is a villain. Do a movie about Lex Luthor or Deathstroke. I think this would be awesome, you could even have them lose at the end of the movie or get killed and it would still work out and make a good story. It would be fun to see a conflicting story to the audience in weather they want to root for the villain or not who is the main character, you could even portray them in a positive light sometimes like how mafia themed films always have this factor. It would build up for a good movie I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like that last idea a lot! It's a shame that it will probably not ever happen.

I'm also sick of these films portraying a safe or tame story. I want a seriously compelling story that is not afraid to get an R rating or close to it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Full reveal tomorrow of Affleck's Batmobile...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Apparently we are getting a slew of movies after JL, including Metal Men and still no Wonder Woman. Fuck these clowns.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    Apparently we are getting a slew of movies after JL, including Metal Men and still no Wonder Woman. Fuck these clowns.
    No Wonder Woman, STILL? FFS

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think they are going to wait and see how the audience reacts to her when they finally see her. I think they are scared shitless

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think they are going to wait and see how the audience reacts to her when they finally see her. I think they are scared shitless
    I think you are right but I still don't really get it??

Like at least Marvel has the excuse (sort of?) of not having a female lead who is on par popularity wise as their main Avengers and what not. I just see no real logical reason to actually be scared that a Wonder Woman film won't do well. She's one of the biggest names in comics of all time....I do get that the movie will be looked at with extra scrutiny due to it being a female led movie, but that is only because there are so few female leads and female characters on screen to being with! It's bullshit to expect one woman to represent all of womanhood on film, and the scarcity makes it so the burden is disproportionately on the backs of these few female characters. Its totally unfair but the only way to stop this trend is to just make the god damn movies. I just think they need to get it done. Easier said than done obviously but COME ON!!! They expect us to believe Wonder Woman is inherently harder to pull off than Batman vs Superman or Justice League - without each character having an intro movie ..

But yeah hopefully audiences receive her well and it will get green lit. I just hope they don't fuck her up in these movies then use that as an excuse for why the character is innately too difficult to adapt. I could totally see that happening.
    Last edited by littlemonkey613; 05-13-2014 at 12:02 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    could have to do with the fact that, despite loving the iconography of the character and being a decent fan of comics, I cannot think of a single memorable story fact about her. The lasso and backstory are sort of neat bits, but do not a story make.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    could have to do with the fact that, despite loving the iconography of the character and being a decent fan of comics, I cannot think of a single memorable story fact about her. The lasso and backstory are sort of neat bits, but do not a story make.
    Great point. However I will still argue so many decades of content and a good screenwriter can def make a good story out of it. At least one better than the Green Lantern movie ...

Batman looks great.