Page 81 of 137 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    And so we've come full circle. Gunn has come out of this in a better position too, it was honestly the only sensible decision!

Given how fucked today's been this news had made me much happier, not happy enough to leave my studio this weekend, but happy enough.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    fuck yes!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    So what was the point of all this?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wonder if Disney had kept James Gunn fired, someone would of inevitably brought up the fact that Danny Elfman wrote the satirical song Little Girls when he was in Ooingo Boingo, leading to them refusing to work with him again?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    So what was the point of all this?

There was no point, it was just the fallout of this whole 'dig ten year old tweets up and get em fired' thing that exists today, and Gunn being rehired is a victory against it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't read a lot online, I don't know if this is a theory yet but i'm gonna give my prediction for 'Endgame'. They are going to use it as an introduction for some Sony characters to make an appearance. Deadpool, X-Men, Rogue Gallery type characters that are going to help with the whole Thanos situation. One more quick glimpse of Wolvie before getting dusted. Maybe a bit of Daredevil and the Netflix crew. Since we've only seen clips from the first 20 minutes that is what I'm guessing/hoping.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It's a theory, sure, but the sale isn't 100% final until the 20th and until that date they can't use any characters they don't already own. Probably won't know about their movies until Comicon this year, but man that's going to be a fun show isn't it?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Alright, I'm gonna do it. I'm going to try to catch up with you guys on all this shit.
    I wish I hadn't spent a fucking hour hours trying to find the post where someone here told me which ones were necessary to watch, before it occurred to me that actual millions of people have likely asked that question, and the answer is plastered all over the fucking internet (though it does range from "all of them" to "none of them,"depending on where you look.)
    It occurred to me that I'd already seen Cap 1, GOtG 1 and 2, The Avengers, Dr Strange, Black Panther, and Civil War, but I didn't pay attention to, or catch, any overarching narrative.

So, I'm going to try to determine which ones I need to see, and watch them in some sort of order, because I'm tired of not knowing what in the fuck everyone is talking about.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Alright, I'm gonna do it. I'm going to try to catch up with you guys on all this shit.
    I wish I hadn't spent a fucking hour hours trying to find the post where someone here told me which ones were necessary to watch, before it occurred to me that actual millions of people have likely asked that question, and the answer is plastered all over the fucking internet (though it does range from "all of them" to "none of them,"depending on where you look.)
    It occurred to me that I'd already seen Cap 1, GOtG 1 and 2, The Avengers, Dr Strange, Black Panther, and Civil War, but I didn't pay attention to, or catch, any overarching narrative.

So, I'm going to try to determine which ones I need to see, and watch them in some sort of order, because I'm tired of not knowing what in the fuck everyone is talking about.
    just watch them in the order they were released. they're all fun, even the ones that aren't great. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I've been using this list for my monthly Marvel movie-ing thing I do with some friends. We're not doing the TV stuff, just the movies. This month is Thor: Ragnarok.

My friends are liking it because they've missed some movies and definitely missed stuff while watching in the theatre.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    just watch them in the order they were released. they're all fun, even the ones that aren't great. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I like them all. Even all of the TV/Netflix.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I appreciate you and @MrLobster 's enthusiasm, but, I'm not 100% sure I wanna watch, what is it, 24 movies?
    This isn't really what I would normally consider our bag, the wife and i, but we did LOVE the GOTG movies, and also thought Civil War was just fucking exquisite.
    Actually, let me rephrase that- it's not necessarily that I don't WANNA watch all 24 or whatever; rather, I'm afraid I won't finish them. I'm afraid we might tap out.
    So, I think we might try to cut it down to, idk, 10 or 12, including rewatches of the ones we HAVE seen.
    That would just be for THIS attempt at getting a handle on the story: I'm not saying we won't watch them all at some point.
    See, that's what we do, mostly, is binge watch shit on tv.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-17-2019 at 01:45 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvp View Post
    I haven't read a lot online, I don't know if this is a theory yet but i'm gonna give my prediction for 'Endgame'. They are going to use it as an introduction for some Sony characters to make an appearance. Deadpool, X-Men, Rogue Gallery type characters that are going to help with the whole Thanos situation. One more quick glimpse of Wolvie before getting dusted. Maybe a bit of Daredevil and the Netflix crew. Since we've only seen clips from the first 20 minutes that is what I'm guessing/hoping.
    absolutely no chance of this happening in any way with the X-Men characters. They could potentially use a Spiderman character if they wanted & Sony allowed, but there would be no point in a universe spanning epic like Avengers.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I've also a question: did you guys all grow up reading marvel comics? Am I like, the only person who didn't?
    Or, did a lot of people just start out with the movies?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I've also a question: did you guys all grow up reading marvel comics? Am I like, the only person who didn't?
    I started back in grade 8 with the comics... that was also, like, 1990/1991. Part of it had to do with talented artist from my neck of the woods, Todd MacFarlane and in part because a comic book shop literally opened up down the block from me, next to a 7-Eleven and on the way to and from school but I probably really got started with the first series of Marvel Universe Cards. I collected the issues for a couple of years but long story short, life sucked and all my comics were gone, except for The Crow trade. I watched The Crow and Spawn (but oddly not Tank Girl, nor the HBO animated Spawn). And was pretty happy when Fox started with the X-Men movies (but not the Fantastic Four messes... I wanted to like them but no they did not connect with me). Even enjoyed the Ang Lee Hulk movie.

It took me a while to get into the MCU though, and even then, I didn't watch them in order of release. Captain America was the last of the first set for me to watch, watched it just before The Avengers... from then on though, I've been a steadfast fan of the whole thing. I don't get out to the theatre to see them (my disability does not like BIG SCREENS AND BIG SOUND), only once they are available to rent on iTunes or own on Blu-ray (renting first to see how much I want to prioritize purchasing... but we have them all), so I tend to avoid the hype and just watch the last trailer for a the latest movie so I know what the fandom is talking about.

Honestly, just take your time and enjoy all of the movies in order. No need to rush/binge them. One or two a day (week) is more than enough... Just enjoy them for what they are, a very long inter-connected story... even if it doesn't seem like it on the surface. You may have read plenty of theories in these pages about any number of the fine details... but ignore them (unless you like that sort of thing, then enjoy to your hearts content).

And just this month, I started to try and collect all of the Todd MacFarlane Marvel and early Spawn issues... I think I'm trying to resolve a trama loop, but hey, how much can the introduction of Venom Amazing Spider-Man issue go for nowadays anyway? (the answer was surprising to me ... but I'm gonna do it, I don't need a mint of VG copy, just one I can read and isn't stained or torn).

Then it comes to the TV series, Agent Carter is still my favourite but it only really makes sense if you watch Captain America and then the series and then to wrap it up, the Marvel One Shot that features her. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. does take some time to grow, and personally, S2 is where it really starts to take off... just waiting on S6 now (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, The Punisher, Runaways, The Gifted, Legion and Cloak & Dagger) don't really tie-in to the MCU, but the Netflix shows reference aspects of it. Runaways and The Gifted are teen-angsty. Legion is headfuck in a good way. I really liked S1 of Cloak & Dagger and hoping S2 does well also (kinda angsty but... better).

The scenes at the end of the credits are other staying for... even Spider-man Homecoming.

Fun fact; I was introduced to smoking the same year... but I make the decision that I couldn't afford smokes and comics, so, comics won by a large margin. Glad they did.

Second fun fact; my wife is a much bigger Marvel fan than I am, and so I bought her the first three series of those Marvel Universe cards with the holograms and one of Stan Lee signed by him... and also bought her a framed poster-sized version of the cover of X-Men #100 as a new apartment warming gift... she watches some of the movies in the theatre without me, and that's fine.

I'm no where nera as fluent in the world of DC. The Keaton Batman movies are fine, I did watch the Kilmer and Clooney ones as well... but didn't connect with them as much. The Routh Superman I enjoyed and same with the Galdot Wonder Woman... but I haven't watched any of the others, they never looked interesting (even Harley in Suicide Squad... maybe when the rest of the Robbie movies are out, I'll do it...). Of course there was the 1990s Lois and Clark series, but that I watched so I could talk to others at school not because it connected with me. Did enjoy the 90s animated Batman movie and then series. Never really got into the Batman and Robin one or Batman 2000..
    Last edited by MrLobster; 03-17-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    We were just too far away from any kind of shop that sold comics (or even a library) so it wasn't until I was 'grown up' that I even entertained the idea of reading them other than a book here and there. So I've got a ton of books that I'm catching up on, when I can. Thank goodness for people scanning the books in!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i grew up reading novels so it was basically impossible for me to read comics because i would read all the text and forget to look at the pictures. it's only in the last couple months (literally) that i've been able to start reading graphic novels (and i'm making my way through Sandman). my interest in the marvel films is purely because i like the movies.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i grew up reading novels so it was basically impossible for me to read comics because i would read all the text and forget to look at the pictures. it's only in the last couple months (literally) that i've been able to start reading graphic novels (and i'm making my way through Sandman)
    Well hot damn, me too, but I'm reading the walking dead

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I was less the comics as a kid (comic shops were a rare thing in south east London back then) and more the cartoons until i started working (straight outta school at 17) in London and found all the comic shops...i did some catching up in the early 00's. Truth be told i was more aware of anime/manga then western comics as a kid.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I had the same experience as @eversonpoe . I've been an insanely voracious reader since I was REALLY young, and tried to make a point of reading one book per week for most of my life. I read Skeleton Crew by Stephen King when I was five, no shit.
    So, when I asked my mom for comic books at age 6 or 7 , she was like "you won't like it." But I insisted. These were Archie Comics, the "double digest," which was actually several issues. And I read them in like 20 minutes, and was like, "well, DaMN. It's already over?"
    In the past couple of months, though, I've discovered the joys of reading like 20 or 30 issues of TWD in one sitting. ALSO, like everson, I now know to actually stop and smell the pictures, er, look at the roses. You guys know what I mean

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So... Abed and Abed's hot coat check closet romantic interest gal are both in the MCU?

I'm cool with that.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Been reading comics since I was 12. Spawn changed my life. It's all my friend Hassann's fault for putting that first comic in my hand. Before that I was only lightly into the Archie Digest my mom would pick up for me at the supermarket. Todd's artwork in Spawn blew my mind though, and down teh rabbit hole I went.

Current pull list:

Batman
    Detective Comics
    Doomsday Clock
    Daredevil
    Uncanny X-Men
    Dr. Strange
    Everything non DC/Marvel that Jeff Lemire puts out...Black Hammer, Black Hammer '45, Ascender atm
    East of West
    Walking Dead
    Cemetery Beach
    Umbrella Academy
    Farmhand
    Southern Bastards
    Sex Criminals
    Seven to Eternity

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Regarding comic book talk - we already have a thread that doesn't get nearly enough attention than it should, so please continue the discussion over there - https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...ads/529-Comics!!!

Thanks!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Bring it on!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    A bunch of character posters just dropped - 32 in total. The biggest surprise? Looks like Marvel is saying that Shuri didn't make it out of Infinity War alive - https://io9.gizmodo.com/everyones-ve...end-1833579485

*note* I don't consider advertisements such as trailers, commercials and posters to be spoilers so I'll save some of the potential posts that anger now.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    A bunch of character posters just dropped - 32 in total. The biggest surprise? Looks like Marvel is saying that Shuri didn't make it out of Infinity War alive - https://io9.gizmodo.com/everyones-ve...end-1833579485

*note* I don't consider advertisements such as trailers, commercials and posters to be spoilers so I'll save some of the potential posts that anger now.
    Wait a minute: Spoiler: Gamora was not a victim of the Decimation. Neither was Loki. It's almost a given that Gamora will come back... So, Loki? But both are victims of Thanos still.

Those are gorgeous, by the way.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Wait a minute: Spoiler: Gamora was not a victim of the Decimation. Neither was Loki. It's almost a given that Gamora will come back... So, Loki? But both are victims of Thanos still.

I think it's just for everyone who died overall, whether they were dusted or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post

uh... Spoiler: this might be a big if but....if they are going to use Ant-Man to use time travel/quantum realm, then wouldn't it just mean just going back further to bring Gamora and Loki back?
    im asking because i don't remember how it went down in the comics, i mean... not that what happened in the comics matters to how they go about this or any other comic movie in the future.

also Spoiler: isn't it widely known that some characters will not be back? i mean until theres a reboot.. like Cap, Iron Man, Black Widow etc...
    just curious as to what is actually known and what isn't.